Goodbye Nintendo Wii!

mjfan97

So I'm selling my Wii tommorow with all the accessories, downloaded games like Pop-up Pirate, Nintendo Pinball and TV Show King and 20 other games. I've had it since 2007 and since I never play the thing anymore I decided to finally sell it so I can use the money for more other and useful things. I practically don't care about the Wii anymore so goodbye, Nintendo Wii we've had some good times but it's time to let you go.

In other news I got to open one of my presents today which was Goldeneye 007 and I can't wait to play it because I'm a huge Bond fan and I'm very curious as to how it compares to Quantum of Solace and Bloodstone. So, for this thread to have some substance I was wondering whether you have either sold your Wii and why?. Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Wii is also just collecting dust. I want to sell it but my friend says he could hack it and put it to good use. But, I like trophies. I would like to play that new zelda game too but I already have lots of ps3 games to cover. Maybe I should sell it. How much is a Wii even worth now?

My Wii is also just collecting dust. I want to sell it but my friend says he could hack it and put it to good use. But, I like trophies. I would like to play that new zelda game too but I already have lots of ps3 games to cover. Maybe I should sell it. How much is a Wii even worth now?

In shops it's about £90 to £120 which equates to $139 to $185 in dollars. They've really lowered in price since 2007 which means I can't make a profit of it but I can still sell it for a reasonable price.

Edited by mjfan97

In Canada, they sell for around $110 brand new. I got mine long time ago when it was still $270. I bet if you sell it, you won't make more than $75 for the console with the controllers. If you add in all your games, you could make about $10 per game, even though a lot of people are starting to hack their Wii consoles these days. It's almost becoming a big of a hack as the PSP!

• 4 weeks later...

I've thought many times about selling my Wii, a stupid little rectangle that sometimes plays games and has no HD connection, but I just keep it. I don't know why either as I can't stand using the "controller" to play anything. I'm pretty sure that's a definition for crazy right there.

Then again, selling consoles, or even games, has never been my strong suite. I still have an N64, GameCube, and PS2 (a fat one), and would still own an SNES if hadn't lost it years ago. I feel like it's part of the culture to own these things.

Good for you for getting rid of it though. Now you have me thinking again. :think:

Yea, I am not so sure how people sell their systems and games. I guess if they hated every game, but there are so many games I love and would want to play again. I mean, Final Fantasy 4 has been beaten twice already since it came on the Wii Store. It's an easy way to get to all the old games of yore...WITHOUT a PC and an emulator. Hate them.

I got my wii by trading an ipod video and a psp 1000 for it which equated to about 50 bucks and he gave me the wii with like 2 controllers the classic controller and a bunch of virtual console games :) then I gave it to my cousins in Afghanistan and supposedly they broke it :'(

I just got my Playstation recently before that I didn't play video games. While looking around I have seen some games that look interesting but are exclusive to the Wii. :thumbsdown:

Zelda , Monster Hunter Tri, Ōkami and some Final Fantasy games. I was going to ask in a thread if it was worth buying a Wii or if it was worth waiting for the Wii U but I think I have my answer. :(

I can't help but think that Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by not including DVD playback functionality with the Wii. I think most people would keep their Wii around if it played DVDs.

I just got my Playstation recently before that I didn't play video games. While looking around I have seen some games that look interesting but are exclusive to the Wii. :thumbsdown:

Zelda , Monster Hunter Tri, Ōkami and some Final Fantasy games. I was going to ask in a thread if it was worth buying a Wii or if it was worth waiting for the Wii U but I think I have my answer. :(

I can't help but think that Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by not including DVD playback functionality with the Wii. I think most people would keep their Wii around if it played DVDs.

Wii U will be backwards compatible with Wii games, so wait.

Also, skip Okami. That game is shit. Easily the worst non-casual game available for the system.

That game was great on PS2, though.

Maybe it was, but it's not on Wii. Controls are broken beyond belief. The first weapon you get in the game only works about half the time. Once you get a new type of weapon, that works perfectly, but it's completely nonsensical as to why that happens because they are both controlled the exactly the same way (waggle to attack; same thing you see for the sword in Twilight Princess or the spin for Super Mario Galaxy). Why does it work perfectly with one weapon, but only work half the time with another? It's the SAME FUCKING CONTROL! :wall:

And the celestial brush controls are terrible too. I have a hard time imagining that the PS2 version doesn't have trouble with this as well, but I haven't touched that so I won't comment beyond that. But it's horrible on the Wii. The pointer works fine, it's that the game can't tell the difference between the different moves because almost all of them are some variation of a circle. Gee game, maybe, JUST MAYBE, if you had tried using other shapes for some of these other moves, you might have been able to tell them apart! :2walls:

I also found the story to be incredibly boring, but that's more of an opinion thing whereas the controls not working is definitely reason to say that the game is objectively bad. Games are an interactive medium, and if you can't interact with them to actually play the game properly because the controls don't work, then that's a pretty massive failure. Big Rigs Over the Road Racing controls better than the Wii version of Okami for crying out loud.

But anyway, the story. That's why I never bothered giving the PS2 version a try. The story bored me so much that I don't care to see what happens beyond the point where I chucked my Wii copy in the trash. I bet I can guess though: Issun talks too fucking much about nothing some more. And that complaint is coming from someone who doesn't mind all the talking in Golden Sun or all the cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid.