XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > Other Platforms > All Things Nintendo

Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbacon View Post
A friend had the Wii....

I actually enjoyed playing the wii.... drunk of course
I shall attend the funeral
Drunk people will save the wii! That or people high on something.
Its not that the wii wasnt fun, its that it doesnt hold the interest of the players.
One solution: Trophies.
IMO its that easy to fix.
Crealkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #42 (permalink)
Maximum Clubs Director

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   First PS4 Game Nights   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   Guide Supplement Bronze   Helping Hand   5,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Staff - Clubs Director
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
Drunk people will save the wii! That or people high on something.
Its not that the wii wasnt fun, its that it doesnt hold the interest of the players.
One solution: Trophies.
IMO its that easy to fix.
The reason why the Wii was such a huge success was because of the casual gamer. The reason why the more seasoned gamer would get it is because of Metroid, Zelda and the like and perhaps to play around with motion controls.

It's one thing to buy a game for trophies, but a console? It would seem that a few people (hardcore and casual gamers) are selling up because they are bored with the Wii. I never got the Wii for myself because I knew it would happen with me. Motion controls don't interest me and neither do the games on offer. Maybe trophies would stall the boredom for some, but not for me anyway.

Quote:
Bowie's in space
AshtimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #43 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   2,500 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
Correction: these 3 titles are on ps3, and i assume they are also for xbox

PS3Trophies.org - Just Dance 3
PS3Trophies.org - Just Dance Kids (EU)
PS3Trophies.org - Just Dance Kids 2

so not only wii, they did port these
Oh shit. I guess I just looked at "Just Dance". Yeah, JD3 is on 360 also... Lol

Thanks to ESYLD for sig and avatar!
I will not accept blank friend requests

Happy Feet Two Trophy Guide | AC: Liberation HD Trophy Guide | AC: L HD 100% Sync Guide
HaoleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #44 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Submission   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I have own the Wii when brawl came out (03/09/08) & to tell you the truth, I barely play the system. Maybe a few matches from time to time, but that all. As you could see from my Sig below, I have no time for Wii so I gave it to my brothers & when I told my bro if played the system recently. He told me that after he beaten skyward sword, he just stop playing it. No one that I know plays the damn console so I think my last Wii game purchase will be Mario Party 9 coming next month. I had fun with the other mario party games & maybe this will bring the fun back again.

I DON'T ACCEPT ANY BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
IDOLO1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Damn thank you for the warning.
Okami isn't broken it all depends on where you place the sensor bar, works best when on top of the tv for okami. i enjoyed the game and played for over 60+ hours if it was broken I would have stopped as soon as I pop it in. anyway I not here to tell you to listen to me or anyone else me personally I like to try games for my self and judge them that way. some reviews help also if you need it but i buy a game cuz i want to play it not what others say about it.

in the end its up to you to get or not but its a wonderful game and souldn't be missed.

silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #46 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Submission   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I've still got mine, but it's packed away. I've contemplated selling it, but decided against it because... well, who the hell would want it? Aside from that, it replaced my Gamecube and it's not too much of a stretch to think I might want to play Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition or Wind Waker (y'know, back when it was good). I've also got a few choice Virtual Console games like River City Ransom and the original Paper Mario on there. What I'd make off of selling it isn't worth the trouble, particularly coupled with the loss of its Gamecube functionality.

NOTE: I'm currently not accepting friend requests, blank or otherwise.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #47 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
Okami isn't broken it all depends on where you place the sensor bar, works best when on top of the tv for okami.
That's a complete lie. Sensor bar placement has nothing to do with it. The game itself can't tell the difference between all the different symbols. You can draw them all just fine though, which is the only part the sensor bar has anything to do with. It's after you've drawn a symbol that the game fucks up, which is completely on the game and has absolutely nothing to do with the sensor bar. Sensor bar also has nothing to do with shaking the Wii Remote, so you can't blame the combat not working properly on it either. And to further put an end to this claim, I had my sensor bar on top of my TV at the time anyway. Guess what: It still didn't work. Why? Because the sensor bar's placement doesn't magically fix all the bugs and bad programming in the game.

It's really not a wonderful game and it most certainly is to be missed. Only buy it if you like suffering through broken games or if you're thinking of doing some kind of AVGN style rant show about shitty games. Okami could be your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, that's about all it's good for. That or taking space in your trash can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqtaxpayer View Post
I've still got mine, but it's packed away. I've contemplated selling it, but decided against it because... well, who the hell would want it? Aside from that, it replaced my Gamecube and it's not too much of a stretch to think I might want to play Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition or Wind Waker (y'know, back when it was good). I've also got a few choice Virtual Console games like River City Ransom and the original Paper Mario on there. What I'd make off of selling it isn't worth the trouble, particularly coupled with the loss of its Gamecube functionality.
Don't forget that Nintendo removed GameCube BC from newer Wiis, so if you sold yours now and wanted to get another one later for GameCube games, you'd have to go through the trouble of making sure you get the right kind of Wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_357 View Post
Like I know he's not hotter than me, no one's hotter than me except .

Last edited by mjc0961; 02-16-2012 at 07:33 AM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
That's a complete lie. Sensor bar placement has nothing to do with it. The game itself can't tell the difference between all the different symbols. You can draw them all just fine though, which is the only part the sensor bar has anything to do with. It's after you've drawn a symbol that the game fucks up, which is completely on the game and has absolutely nothing to do with the sensor bar. Sensor bar also has nothing to do with shaking the Wii Remote, so you can't blame the combat not working properly on it either. And to further put an end to this claim, I had my sensor bar on top of my TV at the time anyway. Guess what: It still didn't work. Why? Because the sensor bar's placement doesn't magically fix all the bugs and bad programming in the game.

It's really not a wonderful game and it most certainly is to be missed. Only buy it if you like suffering through broken games or if you're thinking of doing some kind of AVGN style rant show about shitty games. Okami could be your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, that's about all it's good for. That or taking space in your trash can:

Don't forget that Nintendo removed GameCube BC from newer Wiis, so if you sold yours now and wanted to get another one later for GameCube games, you'd have to go through the trouble of making sure you get the right kind of Wii.
WHAT!
dont you just hate that? the company takes the Backward Compatible away from a system (y sony?)

thanks for informing us, i didnt know that and right away any new wii sucks (even worst than what i originally thought, which was very low)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher1985 View Post
The reason why the Wii was such a huge success was because of the casual gamer.
idk about that, from my view, it wasn't a success.
(double period)
Quote:
It's one thing to buy a game for trophies, but a console?
What i mean is a trophy/award system. If the games on a console dont have trophies, its either the game or the console. Needs trophy system on console, and needs trophies on game for it to work
Quote:
It would seem that a few people (hardcore and casual gamers) are selling up because they are bored with the Wii.
Oh gosh its really boring. If they made more free functions (wii people look retarded, wii online store sucks, wii online playing sucks, games {most of them} suck)

Last edited by Woody; 02-17-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Crealkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post

if the sensor bar can't sense the controller you can play the game so the sensor bar has everything to do with it, cuz without it you can't play the game.

it was probably screwed up for you but i have had no problems with game what so ever in any part of it be it control or drawing or the game knowing what I was doing, so its not a lie. I am not telling any1 to go buy it or ignore it, this is my experience with the game not sure what went wrong when you played it. the game was amazing and worth the play, thats my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours. so you can't say its a lie just cuz you had a bad experience with the game. and if you want to throw it away go ahead its your game your money.

Last edited by silver_shadow; 02-20-2012 at 10:56 PM.
silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #50 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
if the sensor bar can't sense the controller you can play the game so the sensor bar has everything to do with it, cuz without it you can't play the game.

it was probably screwed up for you but i have had no problems with game what so ever in any part of it be it control or drawing or the game knowing what I was doing, so its not a lie. I am not telling any1 to go buy it or ignore it, this is my experience with the game not sure what went wrong when you played it. the game was amazing and worth the play, thats my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours. so you can't say its a lie just cuz you had a bad experience with the game. and if you want to throw it away go ahead its your game your money.
I meant the part about the sensor bar is a lie. Because it is. Your first paragraph here makes it quite clear you have no idea what the sensor bar actually does. I also highly doubt that you had zero problems at all playing this game. People complain about these problems all the time, it's just that most players are more forgiving of them than I am. But anyway, like I was saying, the sensor bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Unlike a light gun that senses light from a television screen, the Wii Remote senses light from the console's Sensor Bar (model number RVL-014), which allows consistent usage regardless of a television's type or size. The Sensor Bar is about 20 cm (8 in) long and features ten infrared LEDs, five at each end of the bar. The LEDs furthest from the center are pointed slightly outwards, the LEDs closest to the center are pointed slightly inwards, while the rest are pointed straight forward. The Sensor Bar's cable is 353 cm (11 ft 7 in) in length. The bar may be placed above or below the television, and should be centered. If placed above, the sensor should be in line with the front of the television, and if placed below, should be in line with the front of the surface the television is placed on. It is not necessary to point directly at the Sensor Bar, but pointing significantly away from the bar will disrupt position-sensing ability due to the limited viewing angle of the Wii Remote.

Use of the Sensor Bar allows the Wii Remote to be used as an accurate pointing device up to 5 meters (approx. 16 ft) away from the bar. The Wii Remote's image sensor is used to locate the Sensor Bar's points of light in the Wii Remote's field of view. The light emitted from each end of the Sensor Bar is focused onto the image sensor which sees the light as two bright dots separated by a distance "mi" on the image sensor. The second distance "m" between the two clusters of light emitters in the Sensor Bar is a fixed distance. From these two distances m and mi, the Wii CPU calculates the distance between the Wii Remote and the Sensor Bar using triangulation. In addition, rotation of the Wii Remote with respect to the ground can also be calculated from the relative angle of the two dots of light on the image sensor. Games can be programmed to sense whether the image sensor is covered, which is demonstrated in a Microgame of Smooth Moves, where if the player does not uncover the sensor, the champagne bottle that the remote represents will not open.

The Sensor Bar is required when the Wii Remote is controlling up-down, left-right motion of a cursor or reticle on the TV screen to point to menu options or objects such as enemies in first-person shooters. Because the Sensor Bar also allows the Wii Remote to calculate the distance between the Wii Remote and the Sensor Bar, the Wii Remote can also control slow forward-backward motion of an object in a 3-dimensional game. Rapid forward-backward motion, such as punching in a boxing game, is controlled by the acceleration sensors. Using these acceleration sensors (acting as tilt sensors), the Wii Remote can also control rotation of a cursor or other objects.
Wii Remote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or in other words, all the censor bar does is tell the Wii Remote what you're pointing at. It has nothing to do with detecting when you shake the Wii Remote and it has nothing to do with processing whatever shapes you draw on the screen. All it does is let you move the cursor around so you can draw.

Thus, sensor bar placement has absolutely nothing to do with Okami's technical flaws. It's the game's own fault it can't tell all the different shapes apart, and it's the game's fault that it doesn't properly recognize your attacks with the disc weapons. Put the sensor bar where ever you want, the only thing that will change is where you need to point the Wii Remote when you want to draw something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_357 View Post
Like I know he's not hotter than me, no one's hotter than me except .
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote