Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance To Have Controllable Event Scenes

GODCHILD1020

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kh3d_thumb.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, we reported a few details from a Famitsu magazine interview with Tetsuya Nomura, discussing the Kingdom Hearts games and what’s next for the series’ story. That interview has been translated by SQEX GAL.

Speaking to what Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance’s story will be like, Nomura also told Famitsu he’s trying to explain it to Disney little by little, since it’s difficult for them to understand it all at once. Interestingly, Nomura says the reason Kingdom Hearts has a complex story is that Final Fantasy creator, Hironobu Sakaguchi​, once told Nomura long ago that he needed to make the story more complex than planned, or else it wouldn’t be able to compete with other games.

The 3DS game, however, will be somewhat different from the previous games in this regard. “The theme this time was ‘bold action,’ but we also wanted to stress the importance of the story’s tempo,” Nomura said about Dream Drop Distance.

“Though the story is important to fans as shown by the results of the [Famitsu] survey, it won’t be drawn-out,” he elaborated. The Famitsu editor conducting the interview asked if this meant the game would have fewer cutscenes, to which Nomura replied this wasn’t the case.

“Not meaning that we’ve decreased the number of cutscenes, but having each one explained one by one reduces the tempo of the game, so we’re introducing a new system to make up for it,” Nomura replied.

“It’s a directionally different system like what’s being introduced in Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which won’t have cutscenes; it’ll be a sort of integration where you can play during the event scene. Along with that, Sora will fight alongside different friends. There’s also a secret movie being prepared, so please look forward to it.”

Read more stories about Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance To Have Controllable Event Scenes, Too | Siliconera

My first reaction was WTF. Why are they making a new Kingdom Hearts game for the 3DS and not talking about one for the PS3/360. I am starting to lose faith in Square Enix. I want KH3 and not another spin off on a newly release console. I'm sure this game has been announced before, I'm just mad because I have been waiting for years and the only reason I wanted a PS3.

I'm planning on getting the 3DS when the price drops but now I feel like I'm getting bent over, with no end in sight. I want KH3, one of the only and best (IMO) RPGs I have ever played. I have played others but the KH series on the PS2 is the only game that gave me that RPG feel with the blast to the past with Disney characters.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

I've given up on Kingdom Hearts. Story makes no sense now and I don't really understand the business decision behind making this one for 3DS only.

I'm starting to give up too. They've made so many games since Kingdom Hearts 2 that I never got because I never really wanted to play it on handhelds (that and I never owned a PSP), and now I feel like that even if Kingdom Hearts 3 came out I wouldn't understand anything going on. Hopefully that won't be the case and hopefully KH3 will be the next game in the series.

The only way for them to redeem themselves is to port them over to the PS3, so those that didn't get the Spin offs that are on Handhelds can get back into the story. We got 2 Kingdom Hearts games on the PS2 and so far in the five years the PS3 has been on the market, we got none. We got one final Fantasy game and multiple FF games on the PS2/1.

What happen over the years did the company change hands and they just don't care for the PS3 anymore? I know it's more expensive now to developer on the PS3, but no word on a KH on the Vita or the lack there of for the PS3.

I know they merge with Edios but I don't know when that was. Off to Google.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

I know they merge with Edios but I don't know when that was. Off to Google.
I still want to know how the hell Kane and Lynch 2 got green light and made it on store shelves after how much everyone hated the first game and how bad the second game was still supposed to be. Square Enix has to either be trolling or really god damn stupid.

I still want to know how the hell Kane and Lynch 2 got green light and made it on store shelves after how much everyone hated the first game and how bad the second game was still supposed to be. Square Enix has to either be trolling or really god damn stupid.

I played the first one and thought it was okay. I played it on the 360 and thought it was a change of pace. I passed on the second one after playing the demo and just couldn't get into it.

You could say the same about Mindjack. Even though I played it, they could have done a better job or at least had more input into the development of the game.

SE has done some strange and questionable things and I don't know if they can redeem themselves. I love when companies try new things but forgetting where your market was and where they are now is leaving a bad taste and rep for them. Even if they would release more RPG like games on the 360 and PC along side the PS3, I would be contempt because I could still play it. That is not to say you can't play the KH games on the Handhelds but there are things that factor into that.

I'll see how this one works out, it's just a little odd that the 3DS is getting a KH game before the PS3/360 got KH3. So that is another branch of the game that could have been DLC or another game on home consoles. I would have liked it if they released those game along side the console versions.