• Nintendo Gamecube
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Playstation
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Sega Genesis
    • Other

Just curious what console everyone prefers most. Vote on the poll and leave your answers below in the comments :D

My favorite retro console and a console that stands in my top 3 would probably be the Sega Dreamcast. It was the first to do so much of what we use today (online gaming and a web browser) and it had some of the best games in my opinion :applause:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played both NES and SNES and both where favourites, but my first console bought for my own money was Nintendo 64. Together with Mario Party this was a time killer.

Blisters inside of other blisters and sore thumbs where a reality back then - damn you "Paddle Battle"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4HymiMkW1Q]YouTube - Mario Party 1 Mini Games - Paddle Battle[/ame]

either the NES or the SNES. i used to play lots of titles together with my cousin like kirby's adventure, duckhunt, yoshi's island and streetfighter 2.

i allways played alot on consoles with my family and friends when i was young but funny enough i never really got to own my own console untill the last consolegen when i bought me a PS2. it was after then that i decided to put aside some money to collect all the old computers i used to play when i was younger. works pretty good that stuff doesn't cost a cent nowadays.

Edited by SIE

There was a point in childhood where the SNES released just as I was transferring to a new school. And the other kids there decided that they didn't like me because I was an outsider. For a few years there the SNES was literally my best friend. And although school was horrible, I always looked forward to the end of the day so I could go home and try to get a little bit further in Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, or whatever else would give me a long, epic quest that would let me escape the unpleasantness of childhood.

The SNES is epic and still the one retro console I keep hooked up to my TV on a constant basis. The thing is flippin' invincible too. Mine is dyed yellow (the outer case is hideous) from having been submerged for about 3 days in a flood. Once it had time to dry out it worked just fine; and still does. <3

The SNES is epic and still the one retro console I keep hooked up to my TV on a constant basis. The thing is flippin' invincible too. Mine is dyed yellow (the outer case is hideous) from having been submerged for about 3 days in a flood. Once it had time to dry out it worked just fine; and still does. <3

you'd be surprised how much simple electrical devices like the SNES can handle, if the console was switched on at that moment it would short circuit and be become beyond repair within seconds.

no, fire, water, dust, it can handle all those things to a certain level but give it a slightly too high voltage and all it's vital parts will start smoking.

For me, it's the SNES. For one, it was one of two consoles that I NEVER had trouble with (the N64 was the other). That thing was built to last, and provided you didn't spill Coke inside of it, it just didn't break. The games were built to last, too.

In addition, that system has so many great RPGs, it's not even funny. I keep dreaming that the Virtual Console will release gems like Earthbound, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, The Secret of Evermore, etc. etc.

Edit: Oops. While I do still own my SNES, I rarely play it, because I only have a couple of games for it anymore (Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana).

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't consider it retro just yet, but since it was there, I voted for the PlayStation 2. It plays PlayStation 2 games, it plays PlayStation games, it plays CDs, it plays DVDs, it looks great, it sounds quiet, it's reliable, the controllers are excellent... I could go on.

The Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis) comes a close second, mind. It plays Mega Drive games, it plays Master System games, it looks great, it's completely silent, it's still reliable despite being second-hand and at least 15 years old, and the controllers are really great.

I wouldn't consider it retro just yet, but since it was there, I voted for the PlayStation 2. It plays PlayStation 2 games, it plays PlayStation games, it plays CDs, it plays DVDs, it looks great, it sounds quiet, it's reliable, the controllers are excellent... I could go on.

I agree. The PlayStation 2 is a little too young to be retro but it's awesome. The things you described made it great as well as the excellent standard of games & online support in some games. (That said, it was wired but oh well.) So for all of these reasons, I voted for the PS2.

If I were to vote for a "more retro" system, I would vote for the SNES. Great games.