During your time as a Video Gamer, how many games have you destroyed?

Reaper Cloud

games have you destroyed?

My history for video games is as follows:

- Atari 2600

- NES

- SNES

- PS1

- PS2

- PS3

I have only broken one game, and it was for the SNES. The title for said game was "NFL Football," and just watching a YouTube video to make sure that I had the correct game gave me flashbacks. lol This game just LOVED to cheat, and it kept doing one cheap play over and over again. I don't remember the play, but I do remember it always getting an interception though. I was so pissed, that I said aloud "If you intercept me on this play I am going to SMASH you!" Sure enough, it picked me off. So I stood up from the couch, turned the SNES off, removed the game...and went outside. I then proceeded to use the SNES cartridge as a football and spiked it into the sidewalk. It didn't take much to ruin the outside, but then I took a hammer to the actual chip inside.

Sure, other games has pissed me off since then...but for some reason I never had the desire to destroy them. That one Football game was just evil in my opinion, and I had to save someone else from playing this game if I was just to give it away.

I've read about other people snapping PS3 games, but they seem a bit far fetched. So, if you have put a bad game out of its misery...let's hear about it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thread where the thread title question doesn't match the question asked at the end? :|

I haven't put any bad games out of their misery. I sell them and let some other poor schmuck deal with the game's shittiness. It was really hard not to destroy Okami though.

But game I've destroyed? One, but it was an accident. I was cleaning up around my room once and things were kind of a mess because I was in the middle of cleaning. I ended up tripping on something and falling over onto a plastic bin that stored many things, including my N64 games. I only landed on the corner of it, but the corner of the bin was smashed and so was my copy of Body Harvest. Really sucked because that was my favorite N64 game, but thankfully I found brand new copies on Amazon for a really fair price, so I was able to replace it easily.

The only other game I can remember being destroyed was my copy of Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, but that wasn't even me who destroyed it. I was playing it when all of a sudden I heard a weird noise and the game froze. Didn't think anything of the noise at the time, I just reset my computer and tried to play again, but it told me I had no disc insert. That's when I checked my disc drive and found out what the noise was: the disc shattered to pieces inside the drive. I guess it must have been cracked somehow and all the spinning finally got to it. Once again though, I was able to easily replace it.

I've never destroyed a game but I've had the desire to a few times. Terminator 3 on the Playstation 2 is so bad it literally almost made me break the disc out of madness of what a shitty game it was. I also mistook it for a better Terminator game which was called Terminator 3: Redemption, I think and they both had similar titles so it's an easy mistake to make.

Also, on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood I wanted to destroy the disc because every time I attained level 25 I was booted back to level 24 because of the game's connection issues so I suddenly sad "fuck it" to the level 50 trophy.

For "destroy", if you mean "being so careless that your games get totally crapped", well, my Yoshi's Island, Gran Turismo II, and my God of War II. None of my PS3 games stay out of their boxes, and if I see any of my friends or relatives doing so... My flowers will get a new set of vitamins...

Another thread where the thread title question doesn't match the question asked at the end? :|

I basically broke up the sentence with one part being the Topic title, and the first sentence of the post being the second part. It was just a tricky way to get people to look inside of the topic to see the rest of the question. I've seen this done on other message boards before. Didn't think that it would confuse anyone. :think:

With all the video gamer rage videos on YouTube...I just figured that more people would go nuts and break their games. lol

Only game I have broken is Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and that was on purpose. I hated the game so much that after I platted it I didnt think it was worth a trade in or worth putting someone else through this game. So me & my Coop partner both snapped up the games after the platinums was obtained.

Still got be one of the worse games I have ever played.

Only game I have broken is Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and that was on purpose. I hated the game so much that after I platted it I didnt think it was worth a trade in or worth putting someone else through this game. So me & my Coop partner both snapped up the games after the platinums was obtained.

Still got be one of the worse games I have ever played.

Wow. I've never heard of that before. Usually people just destroy their game...but to have two players who teamed up in game, and for breaking the game, is a first for me. lol

Although I won't break my copy of "Ghostbusters," once I get the Platinum it will collect dust. My friend will sell her copy. lol If we hated the game a lot, maybe we could copy your idea. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be pretty careless with my PS1 games...never putting them back in the case, letting sit on the floor, getting stuff spilled on them, kicked around, stepped on, etc. So needless to say they would get so scratched up they weren't playable anymore. Although I don't recall ever purposfully destroyed a game...the destroying was always left to the controllers :p

I dont destroy games, it would be like walking into a museum and defacing the works of art inside, or going to a library and burning books.

Even if the game is complete and udder trash (I'm looking at you Hanna Montana) I would still not destroy it, I would simply file it under (1st grader finger painting art work).

Where something like Red Dead Redemption would be filed into the (Fine works of art)

A place for everything and everything in its place...and while some might deserve the trash as their place, I cant simply do that.

• 1 month later...

I have never meant to destroy a game but quite some time ago my GTA 3 disc was in my TV stand where I had my PS2 and it slid off of my PS2 in the back where there was a drawer and by the time that I could get it, it was pretty severely scratched up.

I put it in my PS2 and it booted up but if you moved very little at all the game froze up.

Now I take the disc out of my PS3 and put it in its box before turning my PS3 off at the end of each and every gaming session.

does playing them to death count?

If so, 4-5, i killed three discs of Spyro 2: Riptos Rage by playing them to death, and a couple other games

If not, 2-3, i snapped a disc of the original Beyblade game for ps1 one time after losing on the first battle of the game, and then i snapped a copy of naruto: uzumaki chronicles plainly because i did not like the game

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I screwed my From Russia With Love disc and Ps2 up pretty badly one time. I was spinning in one of those computer chairs and forgot my controller was wired so it pulled the system and made it mess up. The disc was dead and my eject button had to be repaired :p

I've never broken a game. I've wanted to, but I work too hard for money to do that.

For "destroy", if you mean "being so careless that your games get totally crapped", well, my Yoshi's Island, Gran Turismo II, and my God of War II. None of my PS3 games stay out of their boxes, and if I see any of my friends or relatives doing so... My flowers will get a new set of vitamins...

I'm actually more interested in that quote. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Can someone please explain? I've never heard of vitamins coming in sets or giving them to flowers. Please help.

Edited by Keyser Soze