last 2 pretorians-really that easy?

DA PAUL

i cant get by this bit-watched a vid on you tube and he lets them come half way up the path before firing a single shot-the sentry turret kicks in -he has 140 in the clip then kills it reloading at 75 so 65 bullets for that one,-when i try it the 2 bastards rush me together and the auto aim of the smart gun seems to fluctuate between the two-anyways i try circling round statues,whatever, they just close the gap and 2 swipes and im dead-any tips?nightmare obviously.thanks.-i notce there are 4 grenades-is there any point in using them first?lol i did this on hard back in feb-but cant remember how

To do this i just had my nade Launcher ready and then stood just in front of the Sentry Gun and a tiny bit in front of the smart Gun pick up point. As soon as the two Pretorians reach the bottom of the Stairs then fire off all your nades quickly (a little practice may be needed to get the accuracy for them all to hit) and then step back to grab the smart gun. Start Firing this while walking backwards and while still firing try to maneuver to stand just behind the Sentry Gun as this will provide some additional cover. If you go too far back they will rush around but if you are really close to it hopefully they will not get past the Sentry Gun. With a bit of Practice you should be able to take them both out with all the Nades and one full clip of the smart Gun so long as you can keep them in front of the Sentry gun as well for the extra help it gives you.

If you find that you run out of Ammo before they both die then i would say not all the nades managed to hit. However you can still do it but the Trick is to time using a Stim Pack so that If they do Lunge hopefully the stim pack will kick in as soon as they strike putting you back up to full health again buying you valuable seconds to circle the statue and grab another gun to finish them off.

BTW do not bother grabbing the other 2 sets of Smart Gun Ammo while trying to kill the Pretorians. The Reason for this is because the Smart Gun takes far too long to reload and you will most likely die before being able to start firing again unless your very Lucky indeed.

The Second reason is that you will then have two full clips for the smart Gun to take into the next section with the Androids. As these Andriods use Stealth they are hard to see but the Smart Gun will automatically target them. As soon as the Cut scene ends dash behind the Boxes to your left and equip the Smart Gun and wait. The Androids will come to find you one at a time but thanks to the smart gun you can see them and take them out as they round the corner of the box. One full clip from the Smart gun is just enough ammo to take out a pair of Androids.

Once the first two are dead then reload and move around the left to the next two. Just keep moving the auto targeting sight between them so that you keep them both knocked off their feet and unable to fire back. They will try to separate making it hard to fire at both but so long as you keep jigging the sight between them they will be unable to move quickly enough.

Once these two are dead grab the fresh clip from the center and use the same tactic for the pair on the opposite side.

After this grab a Sniper Rifle and hide behind the big box. Looking down the sight you can see the last two approach from the top. They will come one at a time and as soon as they round the corner shoot them using the unscoped sniper rifle. So long as the first shot hits you will be able to see them and kill them without reloading.

This is by far the quickest and easiest way to get past this section leaving you only Bishop left to kill with a Shottie.

ok nice man thanks for the extra info-im dreading bishop now lol,is it just circle around a statue taking pot shots at him when you can?oh and at the very end-just one single shot enough or burst fire from the pistol?

Edited by DA PAUL

ok nice man thanks for the extra info-im dreading bishop now lol,is it just circle around a statue taking pot shots at him when you can?oh and at the very end-just one single shot enough or burst fire from the pistol?

Yes when you get to Bishop just circle the statue taking pot shots trying to keep the statue between you as much as poss. Beware for him doubling back and also for when he may run down the steps. If he does do this take advantage with a quick swap to your nade launcher and fire one or two off in his direction before he comes back up and swap back to the shottie.

At the end accuracy is your friend as you only get a chance for one shot but you get about 1 second to aim it. If my memory is correct you just need to move the aim up a little bit and then very slightly to the left. (if not left then its the right but you have to lift your aim a small amout for certain)

Good Luck as messing up that last bit with no checkpoints means you have to do the whole lot again!!!

• 1 month later...

wow i gave up on that smart gun a long time ago, i mean i used it to hit the 2 bosses i think i forgot it was a long time ago. But after they pass the sentry gun, i used shotgun all the way, even up to weyland, i know smartgun might be the best choice to fight androids but if you got godlike accuracy, shogun is much better

i used the smartgun to get through the whole wave of aliens and then the 2 big mamas. If you use it accuractly rather than just blasting and wasting ammo, you can finish them all off and still have about 100 or so ammo to spare.

I found that walking up to the praetorians (or whatever they're called) to a certain point will only make one of them run at you. I just ran backwards and reloaded when one was dead, then attacked the other.

I discovered a good strategy for this 1st part:

As soon as the level start, activate the turret and grab the smartgun and the extra ammo for it.

Then, equip the pistol (otherwise you won't be able to run) and start to run to cross the bridge passing through the aliens. Just run and dont stop until you reach the big door from where the praetorians will come.

When you arrive at this door, equip the smartgun and kill the aliens that is trying to come close to you. If you stay close to the door, the aliens will not attack you. Sometimes they attack you but just kill them. The aliens will stay near the turret and the turrent will kill them all. Reload whenever you can.

After killing all the aliens pay attention to the door because as soon as it starts to open, run to the stairs (but stay on the top of the stairs) and start to shoot the first praetorian until you kill it (its good to have the weapon fully loaded). Sometimes the smartgun will hit both praetorians. When you kill it, equip the pistol and start to run to cross the bridge until you reach the turret. Pick up the machine gun (I dont remember the correct name) and the grenades. Use the grenade launcher to make the second praetorian to fall on the ground.

Edited by meguer