Who has not Platinumed this game but still expects they will?

GuapoPogi

If you have not already Platinumed this will you ?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If you have not already Platinumed this will you ?

• Yes, I know I can, and will.
    • Maybe, I will try, but I am not sure I can do it.
    • Probably not, I will try, but I am not optimistic.
    • Probably not, the nightmares are too much for me.
    • Probably not, the online trophies are too hard to get.
    • No, I either don't want to, or know I can't.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've only got Nightmare trophies left my self, currently on the last level of Nightmare Predator then I'm finally through with AVP, hoping to have it done tonight.

As much as I loved the game, its taken me around two months so far and I'll be glad to move onto somthing else.

Not sure, I put probably not but still with a hint of optimism. I think Nightmare I could do with time and patience, its the online trophies im not sure about. With the slow multiplayer and lack of people it seems a large feat at the minute, but watch this space. :)

To me it's the online stuff. I don't see myself getting plat without boosting some stuff. Fx the uninfected is kinda hard to get when, after trying several days, you still can't find an infestation game.

Same here. At least we can boost together, maybe, hopefully, if the servers let us......:think:

Nightmare marine isn't really that hard once you have the mechanics down. I did ok one the first level, then struggled mightily to finish the refinery, took a bunch of tries. After that though I didn't need more than 3 attempts for any of the remaining levels and a couple I managed to do on first attempt.

What I mean to say is, don't give up! :)

This has actually been one of my better experiences with 'hardest difficulty' trophies. I found it challenging and fun to do.

Edited by Vorum

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i got this on launch day,but never bothered with online-came back to it at the weekend-got my uninfected,and win a dm-then boosted 10 in a row-working my way through marine nightmare-no checkpoints is brutal but i suppose its a return to old school gaming-there hasnt been a fps yet i havent finished on hard except this and killzone(as i havent attempted them)so im confident,hopefully i will do it

Anyone stuck on The Marine Nightmare needs to learn the art of Block, Melee shoot. If you just shoot when the Aliens are close its goodnight due to the Acid splash but if you block then Melee it pushes them back giving you a second to get a shot off and also just far enough to avoid the Acid splash. It also means that due to the close proximity you are more likely to get a head shot which is a one shot kill and saves ammo.

Just a word of warning when doing this is to try not and run forward as you will run into the Acid on the floor. Instead just move sideways away or remember to jump.

I found the Marine Nightmare impossible until i started doing this. After adopting this technique i sailed through the Alien attack sections.

Anyone stuck on The Marine Nightmare needs to learn the art of Block, Melee shoot. If you just shoot when the Aliens are close its goodnight due to the Acid splash but if you block then Melee it pushes them back giving you a second to get a shot off and also just far enough to avoid the Acid splash. It also means that due to the close proximity you are more likely to get a head shot which is a one shot kill and saves ammo.

Just a word of warning when doing this is to try not and run forward as you will run into the Acid on the floor. Instead just move sideways away or remember to jump.

I found the Marine Nightmare impossible until i started doing this. After adopting this technique i sailed through the Alien attack sections.

Yes, the best way is to block and melee them. In the whole Nightmare campaing I died maybe 6-7 times using this tactic. It took me like 8 hours to complete it. The worst chapter is the last one, in Pyramid. I still need the Six Pack and Real Nasty Habit to get Platinum.

well got all the online trophies and 2 nightmare campaigns to go but both of tem are causing me a lot of problems, marines its the 2nd alien he just wont go down, and on predator i'm having difficulty with the melee combat with a horde of aliens, but im still positive about this game :D