"I Like to Keep This Handy" trophy help

Kunegunda_GoRyl

Tried 2 do it in a offline survivor but no joy :think: Also on the final marine level on the bridge, the shotgun is not available :mad: searched on google, on Youtube - seems like NOBODY knows how to do this mother :confused:

U've got any easy locations for this trophy??

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

This is the description currently in my guide:

[spoiler=1234]

Marine Campaign

I Like To Keep This Handy – During level 5 you will come to a chamber where you have to go through some big doors, in here will be some androids and some aliens. Once you have taken care of these head upstairs to the objective marker taking care of any enemies on the way, the objective marker is located at some controls.

Once you have activated these controls you are required to go outside, this is where you get the chance to go for this trophy. There is a small narrow walkway here where two aliens will attack you, you need to try and position yourself in a way where one shot of your shotgun gets both aliens. If the aliens die and you don’t get the trophy then reload the checkpoint and you will be back on the walkway. There are also more walkways straight after this point with more aliens so you can also try there.

NOTE: You need to pick up a shotgun first (obviously) through this level in order to attempt this, grab one from any of the fights before this point (the one with the aliens & androids has a few shotguns).

Edited by Rockets

This1 is crazy :p

Aliens attack ONE BY ONE even when there's a HORDE of them there's ony ONE that will attack you at the same time, the rest is simply relaxing back in the background :p tryed to do this one 4 a half of hour.

Game designers are shit eating pricks, they make a poor game out of the GENIOUS material, the game is casual as hell - I can't evel listen to the logs in peace cause' the fucking NPC's keep interrupting, telling me what to do/where to go next, the game designers must think that players are some kind of fucking monkeys! It's insulting. But in the same time, some of the trophies ar uber-hard!

Damn those lousy developers. I will never forgive Rebellion this attrocity, I've been looking forward for this game for months & all I've got is a steaming pile of crap. Only the Alien campaign is quite good but it lasts for 2,5 hrs!!!! The best in game movie license ever - & the've WASTED IT.

OK now that I've cried out my opinions, I must say this place described above is quite good when it comes to doing this one. But be prepared for quite a "restartart at the checkpoint-fest" & a bit of nerve-wracking.

ALSO - my own advice is to use the walkway right after going a bit downwards with a platform elevator <more aliens on the walkway down there>. While fighting, run TOWARDS the 1st alien which is unloading his paws on you cause' this gives you more chance to mass all the aliens in close quaters.

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

LOL the restart made me crap my pants the first time ha. But as I remember there are a few more aliens after the elevator than before. Either place works well though.

EDIT: Try this on easy difficulty, the aliens have less health and can pretty much die in one shot.

Edited by Rockets

this is also a fairly easy method, with a checkpoint about half a room behind it just in case you bugger it up and need to reload

easiest place I can think of for 2 kills with the shotty, load the refinery level on easy and once you're inside, you come to a room just after an elevator that has a sunken part in the middle, and an exit to the left and right into other areas.

In the sunken part of that room there are about 6-7 pods with facehuggers in them, but only 3 maybe 4 of them actually come out. What I did was walked around the outside of the room on the top (ensure you shoot the aliens that are curled up in the walls) and then walk down the ramp. I just ran through past the pods to get them to come out an kept rounding them up till 2 were reasonably close and then used the alternate fire mode to fire both barrels and voila.

Can't remember if it's first or second level but a good place for this trophy is in the caves where you get chased by a horde of aliens then have to hack the door. While the hack's in progress move the swarm following you around until they bottle neck (the corner of the long passageway is a good spot) and hit them with L2 shotgun blast. Easy or Normal should do it; you'll have a shotgun and the hack checkpoint too if you need to restart.

I just got this one the Research lab level as suggested earlier. However I had a fair bit of trouble even on easy. I went to the second section after the short elevator ride down where there are 5 Aliens. To actually get it to work I would need to wait till a few stood up then blow one of their legs off (single shot) then as they were crawling around wait for a few others to start to make their move and then double shot. Took longer then I thought, does not seem to be much spread with the shotgun.

Vtwin650 & Darkmater

Can U guys confirm this - you CAN use the shotgun's alt fire mode & U CAN shoot off the aliens legs to make them crawl before eliminating them to get this trophy??

If it's true then the description of this trophy is misleading as hell! :p

I Like to keep This Handy

Kill 2 enemies with one shot with the shotgun

...so I thought Aliens must be killed with ONE shot - which excludes firing upon them twice <to ripp off the legs first> & excludes the alt fire cause shotguns alt fire shoots TWO rounds. Damn, & I've spent so much time trying to do this with a NORMAL shot while NOT hurting the aliens legs :p hell I've got it this way, but it was certainly a little test for my anger management :)

not sure about damaging them first, i was trying that on the outside of the refinery but could never get 2 to die at the same time.

I can say however that the alternate fire is an acceptable "one shot" to use in killing, and they don't have to be a full grown alien, you can do it on facehuggers out of those pods like i mentioned.

In the refinery when you encounter the first face hugger on his own, try get him near the face hugger that's already on another marines face on the ground (i always thought that one was already dead but he aint) and shoot them both. worked for me :D

In the refinery when you encounter the first face hugger on his own, try get him near the face hugger that's already on another marines face on the ground (i always thought that one was already dead but he aint) and shoot them both. worked for me :D

Gonna test this when my housemate's done with Dante's Inferno, fingers crossed cause this could be the method that saves my sanity :p

Gonna try this one later tonight, but damn is it a pain in the butt to do so far.

I'll throw my two cents in here. I was playing single player survivor in the mausoleum and found the shotgun against one of the walls. I think I waited until like wave 3 and just stayed in the middle. I was only fighting jungle aliens and it only takes one shotgun blast to kill them. So running around in the middle of the area I waited until two of them got lined up and then I used the secondary shot on the shotgun. Wiped out two of them at once and the trophy popped. I'm sure there are easier ways, but this was really easy for me.

Edited by ValinAkuji

Yeah.... "it uses the jungle" :)

But my favourite quote of all was not there in the game, when Arnie with the squad interrogates the girl they meet in the jungle

"...she says that the jungle...it came alive and took him..."

Luv them movies, I'm a harcore fan so I've had great expectations <previous games 4 teh PC were great> but the game is a damn mediocre. If Predator knew about this production, they would come down the earth & made some trophies out of the Rebelion's dev team xD

Yeah.... "it uses the jungle" :)

But my favourite quote of all was not there in the game, when Arnie with the squad interrogates the girl they meet in the jungle

"...she says that the jungle...it came alive and took him..."

Luv them movies, I'm a harcore fan so I've had great expectations <previous games 4 teh PC were great> but the game is a damn mediocre. If Predator knew about this production, they would come down the earth & made some trophies out of the Rebelion's dev team xD

Hmm if i knew Predators were real i would probably off myself lol.

Vtwin650 & Darkmater

Can U guys confirm this - you CAN use the shotgun's alt fire mode & U CAN shoot off the aliens legs to make them crawl before eliminating them to get this trophy??

If it's true then the description of this trophy is misleading as hell! :p

I Like to keep This Handy

Kill 2 enemies with one shot with the shotgun

...so I thought Aliens must be killed with ONE shot - which excludes firing upon them twice <to ripp off the legs first> & excludes the alt fire cause shotguns alt fire shoots TWO rounds. Damn, & I've spent so much time trying to do this with a NORMAL shot while NOT hurting the aliens legs :p hell I've got it this way, but it was certainly a little test for my anger management :)

Yes I can confirm that I shot the legs off the aliens then used alt fire (double barrel shot) to finish them off.

this is also a fairly easy method, with a checkpoint about half a room behind it just in case you bugger it up and need to reload

easiest place I can think of for 2 kills with the shotty, load the refinery level on easy and once you're inside, you come to a room just after an elevator that has a sunken part in the middle, and an exit to the left and right into other areas.

In the sunken part of that room there are about 6-7 pods with facehuggers in them, but only 3 maybe 4 of them actually come out. What I did was walked around the outside of the room on the top (ensure you shoot the aliens that are curled up in the walls) and then walk down the ramp. I just ran through past the pods to get them to come out an kept rounding them up till 2 were reasonably close and then used the alternate fire mode to fire both barrels and voila.

Thanks for the tip. I used this method and got it first try. I just circled them for a bit and used the alt fire and took out 3 at the same time.

did it first go using the level 5 way.

i just ran from alien taking maybe a hit or two and triggered of 2 or 3 more and ran past em to until i ran out of space to run by that time they were all queing up to rip my head off on that tiny walkway and my 1st shot killed only the first alien but my 2nd i got right up close and fired and 3 dropped so it will work maybe do what i did get as many to follow you as possible.

you must hit more than one if 4-5 of them infront of you.

I found a bit of a glitch for this you could try. Marine Campaign..Research Level keep the aliens alive during the boss fight. Afterwards once the boss is dead the aliens get stuck behind a barrier wall thing in the corner. Then hit them with a shotgun it may work.

• 3 years later...

How did you make it so they are close, and which shot did you use? I tried 100+ times, and I cant get them close to each other, and when i do, I shoot, and it only kills 1