A small, yet handy Harvest Guide

gecko_nl

I've finished the Alien Campaign on Hard, yet sumhow I did not get the Grim Reaper Trophy?! :confused: And I did got all the civilians who wanted to blow their own brains out rather then to have their chests being blown out...? :think: Seems I had missed out the one in the fifth mission, the one that blows himself up by a grenade when you try to Harvest him.

So I replayed that mission on Easy and Harvested him and, PLING !!!! (B) Grim Reaper !!! :applause: GOT IT!!

And since I am not the only one who could use some help on the Harvesting I thought I post this small, yet handy Harvest Guide:

- Mission 1: Research Lab, civilians = 0

Once you freed your siblings you enter some hallways with two floors.

You'll notice a civilian on the top level in a closed room. This one can not be harvested and does not count towards the trophy.

- Mission 2: Colony, civilians = 3

After climbing up the ventilation shaft and exiting the sewers you will encounter one Marine with a Motion Tracker and a civilian who escapes to the next room. If you force the door open he will shoot himself.

So let's NOT try that. Proceed through the hallway and enter the vent above the obstacles and carefully enter the room with the civilian.

- Mission 3: Refinery, civilians = 8

After the first room with Marines, you pry open a door.

There are two civilians inside. Both will run away, one to the left and the other through a corridor, to a room in front of you. The one running to the left is going for the elevator and call for help. And two Marines come to the rescue. Harvest him last!

The other civilian runs through a corridor to a room to grab a gun and do his little "brain-all-over-the-room-trick" :p Get him first, just sprint right after him and stop his evil plan and Harvest the guy. Next you can take out the Marines and concentrate on the other civilian.

- Mission 4: Jungle, civilians = 4

After you've been ambushed in a closed off room you have to open the gateway to the Hive. On the top level next to the switch is a civilian. If you go near him on ground level he will turn around and use a grenade before you reach him. So after you enter the room, cling to the ceiling and ambush him by Focussing with :l2: and then press the Light Attack :r1: (depending on your button configuration). Next, all you have to do is quickly press :square: to Harvest him.

- Mission 5, civilians = 7

A quick overview where they are: from where you start, go straight ahead one level down. Turn right and on top of the structure near the vent you have to go through to reach the pressure plate.

Left from there near one pressure plate. Inside the closed off building are two civilians. The next wanders around the corridor beneath the walkway you have to cross to reach the arena. From the top structure near the vent facing the closed off building/exit walkway look a bit left and down and there is a lone civilian which is the last one.

Hope this helps.

At least you know how many of those lucky "Chosen Ones" there are in each level! :dance:

Edited by gecko_nl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...