Update on Multiplayer Trophies/Tips & Methods

djhmetfan2

This past week I was asked by Kfree7 to help out with the MP quest he was gonna take on with a bunch of .org members. Kfree like so many people have this game on their list but got fed up with Multiplayer servers and never got the trophies. I boosted the game over 3 years ago but times have changed and over the last few years alot of new and misinformation is floating around. Terminator asked me to put down for the site the best and quickest way to get all the Multiplayer trophies. Now I understand the method we used the last few days might not be suitable for some boosters but it is the best way since the servers are basically the worst ever in the modern era.

As of 2-3-2014 the servers on Weekends are active with 10 to 20 random players. Some are long time players who only play Deathmatch & Infestation.

** Warning ** Severs are region locked if you search as a individual but not region locked if you are in a party. This means trophies for Solo Deathmatch and Infestation Mode must be obtained with at least 4 people from the same region.

** Start ** - You will need 1 player to have two PS3s in the same house and two copies of the game. The game is very cheap under 8.99 right now. I understand people will complain but with this method, I was able to connect 2 parties of 4 and 5 people from each PS3 within 90 seconds. You can also try to have two boosters in every close region but we tried this method and our success rate was under 30%. 2 ps3 in one house is a 100% success rate. For those have played this game in the past knows that 100% success with these servers is almost impossible. With the two ps3 method this game can be boosted very easy.

** Server Rules **

Games only begin when a even number of players are present in a game lobby. Game counts down and tells you how many players are in the lobby. To find out who is in the lobby you can use mic or go to Players Met on your PS3 and you will see the names of the players connected. Once the even amount of players is reached you will enter a lobby at this point it is very possible for a random searching player can join and the game becomes uneven but the game will begin. This happens alot since when minimum player cap is reached the server starts to count down at 30 seconds which is not alot of time.

Goal 1 - 6 player Trophy -

Step 1) All the boosters in the group need to be on everybody's friends list you need at least 8 players to get this trophy or 7 players and 1 random player due to servers will not start till even amount of players are present. Now with the Friends list cap increased it is possible that you might have all boosters on your friends list but each player must see each booster on their PS3 as actively online not at the bottom of their friends list. A player can not be logged on to a vita or PS4. If you see somebody you are boosting with on the bottom of the friends list have that player keep signing out of the PSN till they show active. Trophy for 6 player will not pop if a player has this issue.

Step 2) Have group split up evenly between the two PS3s if you are uneven pray that a random will show

Step 3) Have PS3 1 search <Domination> <18>

Step 4) The 1st ps3 will connect to a new lobby and say waiting for players as soon as this shows 2nd ps3 searches <Domination> <18> you should connect to the game within 90 seconds or less.

Step 5) The game counts down to match active players. As soon a the lobby screen is shown game will begin and after game starts the 6 Player trophy will pop after 2 minutes of game play if somebody didnt pop trophy redo the same method but make sure your group followed Step 1.

Step 6) You can either all quit game or stay in game and work on other

trophies. I recommend nobody caps a point and work on the follow trophies for each player

Very Tough Hombre, Persecution Complex and I Like to Keep This Handy

Step 7) For the trophy I Like to Keep This Handy only the Marine Side can get this trophy the alien team stay very close together huddle together and each Marine trade off kills with shotgun using (L2) I know the trophy is a Single Player trophy but it will save you time if you boost it.

Goal 2 10 Deathmatch Wins

Step 1) Make sure the boosting group sticks with the same team on each PS3.

Step 2) Have PS3 1 search <Mixed Species Deathmatch> <18> This is the only mode to use for these 10 wins since the team deathmatch mode will require 3 hosts or randoms to start the game. And the Deathmatch mode can not be searched with the party system. The game mode says Mixed Species Deathmatch but it is actually Team Deathmatch

Step 3) The 1st ps3 will connect to a new lobby and say waiting for players as soon as this shows 2nd ps3 searches <Mixed Species Deathmatch> <18> you should connect to the game within 90 seconds or less.

Step 4) The game counts down to match active players. As soon a the lobby screen is shown game will begin. As soon as Lobby is shown EVERY BOOSTER MUST PRESS (X) ASAP. One random that joins will destroy this method.

Step 5) ****important*** The Host PS3 that searched for the lobby that team will get 1 kill each once each player has 1 kill. The other team quits the team one by one. If you did not have the Host ps3 team win and the other team leaves the game will end since that team ps3 was host and nobody gets win. This should take less than two minutes. Winning team gets stats page and goes back to match lobby. Quit lobby and join your PS3 Host.

Step 6) The 2nd PS3 Host follows steps 4 & 5.

Step 7) This should take around 2 to 3 hours to get the 10 wins for each booster if everything runs smoothly and no random player joins. If random player does join make the best of it and still play and have the random player team win once the boosters on that team get their one kill other team just quit out quickly. Only thing is make sure the random gets no more than 1 kill or only random will get win

Goal 3

Killer Instinct & The Uninfected

This goal will be the hardest trophies to boost since they can only be searched separately, Region lock servers play a part and an The Uninfected is a Random draw on who becomes the alien to start

Step 1) Have Host PS3 1 search one of the modes listed <Deathmatch> <18> OR <Infestation> <18> Once the lobby is created

Step 2) Two players in same region begin to search and see if you can connect to the Host ps3 lobby. If they can not have next two boosters do the same thing. If they cant have 1 player create their own lobby and have the rest search two at a time till you can get enough to start a match. In deathmatch even with a random you can mainly get enough kills to win if you pick 1 player to get all the kills and meet at same spot. You chat room not mic to speak since other random can hear you during the matches.

Step 3) These trophies can really drag on and eat up alot of time. If you have no luck move to Goal 4 and go back to Goal 3 and see if you have better luck. Our group has managed to get most of the people their trophies but it took time and patience. Considering you save over 10 hours using the method above for Deathmatch wins it is well worth it. My only advise is if a lobby is created type in chat room lobby and then quickly you have 30 seconds if you are not in that lobby to search and you might connect. This happened a few times and saved alot of time.

Goal 4

XP Trophies

Step 1) Have group split up evenly between the two PS3s if you are uneven you will be unable to boost

Step 2) Have PS3 1 search <Domination> <18>

Step 3) The 1st ps3 will connect to a new lobby and say waiting for players as soon as this shows 2nd ps3 searches <Domination> <18> you should connect to the game within 90 seconds or less.

Step 4) Zealot's method found here is http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/219869-avp-xp-boosting-mini-guide.html

is the best way to boost the XP

Step 5) This will take time but with both PS3s connecting within 90 seconds you will be able to avoid searching issues

Also please see **projectx51 Proxy Server method http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/223610-xp-glitch-proxy-server.html

I have had success with this method and so did several other members .

If anybody has questions please let me know. Again I did this at Terminator's request since there is so much misinformation about this old game but now that things are clearly stated it might open things up for future people who were turned away from this game due to the misinformation. As KFree & Terminator have stated so many people played this game years ago and never bothered with MP trophies with these methods you should have all your trophies within 20 hours or less than 8 hours if you use the proxy method for the two xp trophies.

Edited by djhmetfan2

• 7 months later...

I came here to find out if this game has a active multiplayer? Not really only for boosting but for enjoyment. I have the game but have never put it in my PS3 yet. I am hoping it does, unlike poor Rogue Warrior which is made my the same company and also region locked which really blows. :eek:

• 5 months later...