XP Glitch with Proxy Server (will never be patched)

projectx51

So I was determined not to go through the 20+ hours of grinding these xp trophies, plus the added frustration of dealing with the horrible servers.

I was about to try everything, well except hacking.

I eventually found a way to unlock the xp trophies using the old glitch & a proxy server.

Here's what you need to do:

• >First delete game patch 1.02
  • >Go to your PS3 network setting and input an anonymous proxy server (search internet for a free one)
  • >Start the game then connect to PSN. If you get a message to update game data then the proxy isn't anonymous & it won't work.
    (Now, I was not connected to the network for more than a minute, it kept disconnecting me)
  • >You need to be connected long enough to reach into multiplayer searching for a game. When it says 1 player in game waiting for ?, back out to main menu
  • >Go to marine Colony mission, play till you exit the elevator then use the continuous suicide method.
  • >The trophies should pop in about 20 - 25 minutes while offline. :applause:

If you get through, all thanks are welcomed. :D

Edited by Vyrastas

This is allowed here, as the PS3 allows anonymous proxy servers, but I will just add that like boosting certain games that could result in a ban, you use this at your own risk. We don't know if Sony will take exception to using it in this fashion.

Edited by Vyrastas

That needs patience and also needs to do everything right step by step, otherwise it won’t work…. now if u find a game saying searching ppls(not just search) and u got kicked out from psn(DC) don’t worry it will STILL count! Just go and play the campaign, don’t try to RE connect to psn it will be ok ! :)

Edited by oderpas

This is allowed here, as the PS3 allows anonymous proxy servers, but I will just add that like boosting certain games that could result in a ban, you use this at your own risk. We don't know if Sony will take exception to using it in this fashion.

Thanks for reopening the thread Vyrastas, you'll make a lot of people happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, was a little busy.

It's really simple, go to your PS3 Menu> Network Settings on the XMB.

[ATTACH]7000[/ATTACH]

Enter Internet Connection Settings

[ATTACH]7001[/ATTACH]

Choose Custom and go through the fields until you reach the Proxy Server screen.

[ATTACH]7002[/ATTACH]

Selecting use proxy, input the address and port of an anonymous proxy.

There are many sites on the internet where you can find proxies.

Here is one: Free Proxy Lists

TEST THE CONNECTION TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.

Now, the thing about proxies are some of them might not be up all the time. Its basically trial & error in getting a proxy to work and then again in finding a truly anonymous one.

After you get one to work just follow the steps in the first post. Again, with the proxy I used, I was constantly disconnected and given a few error messages. You have to keep at it and hope for that small window of opportunity when you can connect to get it to search for one match.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, was a little busy.

It's really simple, go to your PS3 Menu> Network Settings on the XMB.

[ATTACH]7000[/ATTACH]

Enter Internet Connection Settings

[ATTACH]7001[/ATTACH]

Choose Custom and go through the fields until you reach the Proxy Server screen.

[ATTACH]7002[/ATTACH]

Selecting use proxy, input the address and port of an anonymous proxy.

There are many sites on the internet where you can find proxies.

Here is one: Free Proxy Lists

TEST THE CONNECTION TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.

Now, the thing about proxies are some of them might not be up all the time. Its basically trial & error in getting a proxy to work and then again in finding a truly anonymous one.

After you get one to work just follow the steps in the first post. Again, with the proxy I used, I was constantly disconnected and given a few error messages. You have to keep at it and hope for that small window of opportunity when you can connect to get it to search for one match.

Thanks Project for the added info. I have tried almost 100 different proxy addresses since Saturday. I would say 80% by pass the patch on load of the game and when i hit multiplayer the psn signs in I only get a 30% connection success for less than 10 seconds. I managed to get 6 proxy servers to stay connected to the PSN for more than 3 mintues but I can never get that damn screen to read 1 player waiting for .....

I did not try yesterday but I will continue to try, i guess moving forward if i stay connected with the server i keep trying the same one again and see if i have better luck

OMG!! it really works!! I also can confirm the Proxy method STILL works!

Personally I used this proxy:

Port: 8088

Japan

but was like trial and error.

Some personal tips:

Don't expect a long connection to PSN, my connection took just 15 seconds, after that every time it get closed, so you need to be very very quickly to select Ranked Match and start the search.

Once the search start, as dj mentioned above you CAN go back to the main menu immediately, the "Searching" label is 100% enough, start the campaign as marine, reach the elevator after 18-20 minutes of gameplay and start to kill yourself.

Another tip, please DO NOT waste your grenades! if you reach the elevator without grenades you will NOT be able to kill yourself and you must try it again.

Final tip: be very patience! once you start to kill yourself and if your proxy server works the trophies will pop! that's a fact so do not panic.

My numbers:

After 5 mins and 33 auto-kills i unlocked the (S) trophy, then after another 15 mins and 92 auto-kills the shinny (G) showed. :dance:

I don't know how it works or how this glitch was found but deserve my totally respect! thanks for the share and good luck for the incomming players! :D

• 3 weeks later...
I can confirm too that this glitch works wonderfully. I used leptonic's same proxy server he posted and after few tries, I searched a ranked and backed out without patching the game. Did the suicide loop and my trophies popped.

Goodbye AvP multiplayer! :dance:

I am shocked that Leptonic's proxy server still worked after 3 weeks....

I am glad you were able to get the multiplayer level xp trophies to work

So I was determined not to go through the 20+ hours of grinding these xp trophies, plus the added frustration of dealing with the horrible servers.

I was about to try everything, well except hacking.

I eventually found a way to unlock the xp trophies using the old glitch & a proxy server.

Here's what you need to do:

• >First delete game patch 1.02
  • >Go to your PS3 network setting and input an anonymous proxy server (search internet for a free one)
  • >Start the game then connect to PSN. If you get a message to update game data then the proxy isn't anonymous & it won't work.
    (Now, I was not connected to the network for more than a minute, it kept disconnecting me)
  • >You need to be connected long enough to reach into multiplayer searching for a game. When it says 1 player in game waiting for ?, back out to main menu
  • >Go to marine Colony mission, play till you exit the elevator then use the continuous suicide method.
  • >The trophies should pop in about 20 - 25 minutes while offline. :applause:

If you get through, all thanks are welcomed. :D

works like a charm my friend, im done now with all online trophies, time to finish the offline trophies and get my platinum... thanks bro for this... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have to start the campaign from the beginning and do the suicide loop for the trophies? Or does it still work if you level select and go to the last level where you kill a million aliens in front of the pyramid?? Just wondering if anyone else has thought of trying this or already has and what happened.

• 1 month later...

Every time I try to connect to PSN I have the 80028ED5 error and I'm disconnected immediately. This is normal and I have to wait to come across a good proxy or there is a problem ? Thanks.

Edited by popokill

• 2 weeks later...

I just get disconnected immediately with every single one I do, it signs in for less than a second, the menus don't even appear... Anyone got a sure fire one to choose?

EDIT: Also how do you know if its working? And are there any specifics once your in single player, is it dying that helps or is it killing aliens?? Everything with the setting I understand, my confusing is once I'm IN the game

Edited by BrokenBlade

You have got to kill as many aliens as you can up until you reach the spot where you start suiciding but you won't know if it's truly working until the first of the XP trophies pops. It's a combination of killing the aliens and dying that triggers the trophies to pop. The IP Address that leptonic posted a few posts above yours seems to be the most common one that works but if it doesn't, all you can do is keep trying different addresses until you find one that works. You only have to be in Matchmaking long enough to get matched with 1 other person then you can back out.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

You have got to kill as many aliens as you can up until you reach the spot where you start suiciding but you won't know if it's truly working until the first of the XP trophies pops. It's a combination of killing the aliens and dying that triggers the trophies to pop. The IP Address that leptonic posted a few posts above yours that seems to be the most common one that works but if it doesn't, all you can do is keep trying different addresses until you find one that works. You only have to be in Matchmaking long enough to get matched with 1 other person then you can back out.

I actually need to be matched with another player? Also which mission do I need to do (if it matters) because I've seen 3 different ones mentioned all of which have claims it "doesn't work" which doesn't help haha!

And btw thanks for hopping over, this section is dead just like the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I used this xp glitched method.but Japanese people sucks,Because this glitch is not known very much abroad in Japanese trophy site. Japanese think this method cheating.they misunderstand it.

Japanese ppl is FUCK.i'm sad:(