avp xp glitch without the pc blocker

mecahyphan

been trying the god dam mossy patch blocker for hours and never got it to work

i saw a thread somewhere to pass the patch on mw2 with some proxy without having a pc with mossy patch

i just when in the ps3 network settings then use proxy and put 210.101.131.232 port- 8080 in the window

make sure your connect back on psn with the new proxy settings

make sure your not running avp 1.02

deleat game data if running 1.02

only works with 1.0 or 1.01

after just do the axp xp glitch as seen on the other threads

lunch avp

wont ask for patch update since your on proxy

go on multiplayer ranked wait to get 1 player cancel then go single player

colony go till you get to the elevator after the turrent scene make sure it saves at the checkpoint after getting out of elevetor just blow yourself up reloading checkpoint for 10 mins and the 1 trophy will pop

try it out you got nothing to lose

Hah, Has anyone tried this?

I got this back when Resistance: Fall of Man worked, I think I just skimmed in before the System update fixed "hot swapping" of games, so I can't test this myself.

It would be neat to know if my brother wants to go for the trophies however, and downloading a patchblocker seems like work that isn't worth the trophies...

you try just add the ip to the proxy settings make sure you deleate avp patch lunch the game if it does not ask to update to 1.02 and your online on psn you know the glitch will work

Sounds interesting, maybe I will check it out on my Moms account... She needs some trophies haha!

Be interested to know if it works. I have another game I'm trying to get XP in legitimately, but between both of them, at least the other game matchmakes very easily. This game's MP has ALWAYS been a nightmare for me. I've spent entire days since the release date of the game trying to get XP, and I haven't even earned 2000 yet. And this is coming from somebody who (finally) got Last Man Standing through almost sheer luck.

But, if it doesn't appear to be working, I'd be up for a few matches of "Killing other players only" games of Domination. That's the second best method, from what I hear, isn't it?

Be interested to know if it works. I have another game I'm trying to get XP in legitimately, but between both of them, at least the other game matchmakes very easily. This game's MP has ALWAYS been a nightmare for me. I've spent entire days since the release date of the game trying to get XP, and I haven't even earned 2000 yet. And this is coming from somebody who (finally) got Last Man Standing through almost sheer luck.

But, if it doesn't appear to be working, I'd be up for a few matches of "Killing other players only" games of Domination. That's the second best method, from what I hear, isn't it?

I know how you feel friend :)

I hated the idea of illegitimately gaining XP forthe first time in AvP2010, but when I weighed my options, I wouldn't have finished in time for the release of Aliens: Colonial Marines, and when that game releases, there is SLIM chance of me picking AvP up again haha.

I will definitely try to check this out and verify it in the next few days, probably not until Tuesday my time though (Canada), when there is no one else around to steal the TV in the living room haha, MAYBE I can sneak a bit of time tomorrow. Her account is on the PS3 in the living room, and I just finally got my Mom and Dad to use Netflix on HER account, so mine is free to use in my room haha.

I CAN confirm. Repeat, this DOES work, just got "Welcome to the Party." I do not have any patch blockers installed or running...which ironically means you never needed them in the first place, if you have the right settings enabled.

However, I highly recommend you backup your version 1.02 save data, as when I tried to Mission Select the Colony with the data I had, the system froze. Once I deleted and started, everything worked fine. No sense in losing any hard work earned, like your collected Audio Logs and Nightmare difficulty progress doing this.

EDIT: And it appears it is more guilt-free than I thought. I was concerned that doing this would affect my multiplayer standings, but it does not. This actually makes me feel better about this, since I was concerned that it would skew my actual MP standings in some strange way (note all the people on the leaderboards who have been playing for 9 million hours). Now that I know this essentially just gives you the "Ding!", that actually makes me more comfortable going on and getting those last Deathmatch kills I need by loading up and playing the game. Sure, you still need the XP legitimately to get all the character skins unlocked, but in the end, that's a far cry to have a randomly unlocked character skin than to unlock a mega-bazooka and waste any newcomers who actually want to have a fair shot at playing the game.

Edited by Redfield300

This is a great workaround, except my goddamn PS3 repeatedly freezes before I can get "Real Nasty Habit". The first time I tried it, I got past "Welcome to the Party" easily, but it froze up right after.

I tried 2 more times and it froze again. I then did the "Restore Database" and "Restore File System" to see if there was some crap clogging up the system, but it didn't help. After that, it froze one more time and now I have given up.

It freezes up at different points. Twice it froze on the restart checkpoint menu and twice it froze up after blowing myself up, but before the checkpoint menu came on the screen.

I am running a 320GB slim and I never installed patch 1.02 (as I hadn't played this game in about 2 years, I didn't have to find and delete 1.02).

Anyway, I appreciate the tip. If anyone has any ideas how to get past this, I would of course appreciate it.

I must have tried the patch block glitch over two dozen times... Each time trying something slightly different - yet always yielding same results - upon entering the proxy, I would not be able to stay connected to PSN.

I don't know how you came upon this, but THANK YOU SO MUCH, you have helped me achieve Welcome to the Party and Real Nasty habit in less than 20 minutes.

You sir are a true legend!

Happy hunting and good luck to all still trying for these hardcore trophies! :cool:

Edited by DBro85

Oh yeah! This works 100%. :applause:

I love you man. You saved me soo much time with this. :dance:

Now if only such exploit existed in FEAR2 which takes 100s of hours of boosting....

This I'm going to have to try cos I really was not looking forward to doing the xp ones legitimate as would take ages :( but am sure thanks to this find all will be well thank you for posting :D

I must have tried the patch block glitch over two dozen times... Each time trying something slightly different - yet always yielding same results - upon entering the proxy, I would not be able to stay connected to PSN.

I don't know how you came upon this, but THANK YOU SO MUCH, you have helped me achieve Welcome to the Party and Real Nasty habit in less than 20 minutes.

You sir are a true legend!

Happy hunting and good luck to all still trying for these hardcore trophies! :cool:

bah i was in the same boat tryed mossy patch for days was not even able to open it needed .net frameshit tryed almost all versions never worked

so i tryed searching another proxyblocker but the only thing it was doing was sending the patch to my pc so i could download it lol

so while trying to figure how to block with the ps3proxy app i found some dudes glitching cod mw2 patch to get prestige so i told myself it might block the patch on avp

glad the proxy is still up since its nearly impossible to plat if you dont glitch

• 1 month later...

I must have missed this thread last night. I was trying the other method with no success. It seems as though he Mossy link is now gone. I was dreading the grind. Now I see there is another method, I'm a little relieved. I'll update when I get off work and give it a go.

Edit: Confirmed. Still works.

Edited by prarpin

• 1 month later...

Yep, this trick still works. Tested it a few days ago.

One thing to note; if you log into multiplayer right after completing this glitch, you will be rank 43 and have all skins unlocked. However if you then upgrade back up to 1.02 your rank will be reset to what it was originally.

• 4 weeks later...
I've been trying to do this today and I don't think it's working anymore, I've done everything I should but as soon as game loads it signs me out of the network so I can't access multiplayer.... Is there any other way to get these done easily?

:think: hmmmm :think:

:wall: NO :wall:

I've been trying to do this today and I don't think it's working anymore, I've done everything I should but as soon as game loads it signs me out of the network so I can't access multiplayer.... Is there any other way to get these done easily?

That last firmware update 4.40 disabled the use of proxy severs, only way to get xp now is to play legit or boost online. XP glitch no longer works.

• 6 months later...