Patch Blocker XP Glitch Guide

LukeyCow

EDIT 3: As far as I know due to a Playstation firmware update they blocked patch blockers (lol) so now this glitch does not work and I dont believe there is a way around it this time. Sorry folks but you will have to boost it properly now :(

Here is a link to the boosting thread for those wanting it http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/37931-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html

EDIT: i have updated the link that was broken with one that i have heard works just so you know so this should still work.

EDIT 2: There is now a video guide for the glitch so it should help many of you out and make this easier. Credit to NateDogg2487 for creating it!

Hello, Ive done this glitch myself and thought I would put all of the information you need into one thread instead of everyone having to look through multiple pages in the boosting thread.

Credit goes to Beatpeitsi for telling us about this glitch and the basics of how to do it.

Credit also goes to Johnmc for telling me what to do for step 6.

You will be going for these:

Welcome to the Party(S)

http://au.playstation.com/PSN_Images/psn_trophy_icon/medium/trophy/np/NPWR00461_00_851FFA5A88F19210DEFFD7D8FF2C9E32D045B21C/D1B9343340FD9794147CD556F867E0E085E28EA5.PNG

Real Nasty Habit(G)

http://au.playstation.com/PSN_Images/psn_trophy_icon/medium/trophy/np/NPWR00461_00_851FFA5A88F19210DEFFD7D8FF2C9E32D045B21C/7A9A038F08823063A5BFDC3A70BD3360E5543D28.PNG

If you get confused with the steps below this is a video that shows what to do after you load up AVP. Just note to ignore the Resistance Fall Of Man part. I would only use this video to find out exactly where you have to kill yourself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfhpX46yrk]AvP - Multiplayer XP 'workaround' - YouTube[/ame]

Video Guide Credit to NateDogg2487

Part 1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPkju6uxwk]AvP Disable Patch= Glitch Will Work Part 1 Of 4 (PS3) - YouTube[/ame]

Part 2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wiRRkepjPo&feature=relmfu]AvP Disable Patch= Glitch Will Work Part 2 Of 4 (PS3) - YouTube[/ame]

Part 3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJQfaViMj30&feature=relmfu]AvP Disable Patch= Glitch Will Work Part 3 Of 4 (PS3) - YouTube[/ame]

Part 4:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIEJryODAQ8&feature=relmfu]AvP Disable Patch= Glitch Will Work Part 4 Of 4 (PS3) - YouTube[/ame]

You will need:

A Computer

Internet Connection

A Playstation 3

Aliens vs Predator Game

20-40 Minutes

Step 1:

On your Computer

Download the Elite Mossy Patch Blocker for PS3

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/elite...-via-pc-68338/

Step 2:

Open the patch blocker and look at the larger code. It will be something like this: 192.168.0.114

Step 3:

On your Playstation go to -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Settings.

Choose custom and go through your usual internet connection settings.

Step 4:

When you reach Proxy Server, press use and copy down both of the codes into the correct positions. The larger code should go into the top box. Continue through your settings and after you have saved them press exit. DO NOT TEST CONNECTION

Step 5:

Delete your AVP game data from the game data utility folder.

Step 6:

You might be able to skip this step but some people are having problems so ill include it. Run AVP and download and install the first patch. after it has downloaded CANCEL THE PROCESS. Quit the game.

Step 7:

On the patch blocker press "Start Blocking" and open up the game. If your are signed into PSN which you shouldnt be sign out.

Step 8:

Now when the game has loaded sign in to PSN. Go to -> Multiplayer -> Ranked Match -> Search Deathmatch with the amount of player to Any.

Step 9:

When the game says "1 Player in game, Waiting for _ more" Quit to the main menu. It doesnt matter if your signed into the PSN anymore but you shouldn't be signed out

Step 10:

Go to Singleplayer and load up the Colony mission on normal difficulty. NOTE: if the game freezes after the cut scene refer to step 6.

Step 11:

Play through the level until you get to the C Block area trying to collect as many grenades as possible, the max is 4 but you only need 1. There should be a lot of debris and one of your teammates should be trying to fit through a gap but gets taken by a Xeno. The turret should stop working and there should be a lot of Xenomorphs. Kill as many as you can and run to the elevator. Make sure that you are on 2 bars of health when you enter the elevator as it should make things a lot easier.

Step 12:

Exit the elevator and you should be in this brownish coloured room that is fairly open spaced. Point at the ground and fire your grenades and you should die. Rinse and repeat for about 5-10 minutes and you should get "Welcome to the Party" If you keep playing for about 25-30 minutes you should get "Real Nasty Habit"

Step 13:

Quit the game and go into network settings. You can close the patch blocker now. Go into custom and choose all the settings you had before but DO NOT USE THE PROXY SERVER. This will allow you to log back into the network as normal.

There is no way to tell whether the glitch is working until one of the trophies pops, but if you follow my guide it should work. I would also like to say that you can do this with a wired connection or wireless connection.

NOTE: If for some reason you cannot finish both of the trophies in one sitting you CAN come back into the game later through the patch blocker and repeat steps 1-9. When you get to choosing the SP level, if you were half way through killing yourself before you can continue the game through the Continue option. Your XP count will be reset but you wont have to waste 15-20 minutes replaying the whole level again. I did this and can confirm that it works.

Apart from that I believe that this guide is finished. If you have any questions or believe that I missed something out tell me and I will try and check back on this thread as frequently as possible. I hope I helped you guys out and some of you can get these annoying trophies with little effort.

Edited by LukeyCow

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah lol. U certainly are dedicated but most of us arent. This games online is absolutely horrible and hardly playable. Youve come so far but if u dont use have a boosting group just use the glitch and get this stupid game out of the way. Still though, u have to be dedicated to get 10 ranked wins nowadays, even if u boost.

I GOT IT. I DON'T BELIEVE IT AFTER 1 YEAR THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Scrufyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

EDIT: Now that I'm calm I give a better thank you. These bastards of trophies were the only thing keeping me from platinum. Good luck to anyone still trying for the platinum.

Edited by ZOLANTON

Hahaha nice job guys. It's too bad that the matchmaking is so messed up people have to resort to patch blockers. It's really too bad because if you had played the 45 or something hours of multiplayer games (excluding wait times) you really come to appreciate the good parts and have some fun times with friends. Hopefully Devs learn from this as it really gives a mediocre name to the AvP Series.

^ Agreed. I absolutely love playing as the predator and the alien. The gameplay done quite well but the marine isnt so good. If the online wasnt so bad this game would actually be quite good. Hopefully Aliens Colonial Marines is good

Yeah exactly. I have high hopes for Colonial Marines as it is looking really good, hopefully they can pull it off.

So close to the prize! 17,564/18,040 XP! Hopefully will be able to finish off today and snag the plat.

Good Luck with your 10 wins! It's not too difficult, you'll end up in a match with a good player or even improve to the point where you can win yourself. It just takes time, e.g. I have around 120 wins in my career. You'll get there! The good thing about going for 43, is that you eventually unlock all the other MP trophies that you would usually want to boost, usually by accident. I'm fortunate that I haven't had to boost any of the Kills and Wins trophies and even the Six Pack (you'll wound up eventually in a game with 7 players, happened to my 3 times).

Edited by Commander Gree

Wait were u the one that told me about the step 6 strategy? Ill reference u but i just 4got because this only took like 10 minites to write and i was kinda rushing it.

EDIT: just looked through the boosting thread 4 the guy that first told us about this and the guy the told me how to do step 6. I did not find you and you only have one post so stop trying to get referenced. You are neither of the two that basically told me how to do it and havent helped at all so therefore i cannot reference u. Unless you have made another account but i have referenced Beatpeitsi and Johnmc.

Edited by LukeyCow

First off, by following the guide and stepping out of the elevator, you'll cause a checkpoint to save (right before you drop down into the sewers). That's what happened to me, at least.

There is still an infinite amount of Xenos spawning (3 at a time, after you get about 30 seconds in), so I've just been farming them.

However, I have not gotten either trophy after doing this for about 1hr. :mad:

Is there any documented "xp per kill" amount I could be basing my kills on? I've capped at least 150-200 Xenos total, through multiple checkpoint restarts, and the 6000XP trophy hasn't dinged.

I was also just thinking: Am I just supposed to "load checkpoint > grenade suicide" repeatedly, or do I actually have to keep killing aliens?

*EDIT*

Tested that theory and answered my own question...you DO "load checkpoint > suicide" repeatedly lol. Should update the OP with a little clearer language IMO. Thanks for the guide btw!

Edited by Nuclearporkchop

Just one question, what TWO codes are you referring to? The only one I see you mention is the IP address (larger code). What's the 2nd code I should be copying down?

If you downloaded the one I put a link to then there should be the IP address and a 4 character code. If you cant get it go to youtube and type in "ps3 patch blocker" then there should be a few to try out. I just posted the one i did because it worked the best for me.

First off, by following the guide and stepping out of the elevator, you'll cause a checkpoint to save (right before you drop down into the sewers). That's what happened to me, at least.

There is still an infinite amount of Xenos spawning (3 at a time, after you get about 30 seconds in), so I've just been farming them.

However, I have not gotten either trophy after doing this for about 1hr. :mad:

Is there any documented "xp per kill" amount I could be basing my kills on? I've capped at least 150-200 Xenos total, through multiple checkpoint restarts, and the 6000XP trophy hasn't dinged.

I was also just thinking: Am I just supposed to "load checkpoint > grUenade suicide" repeatedly, or do I actually have to keep killing aliens?

*EDIT*

Tested that theory and answered my own question...you DO "load checkpoint > suicide" repeatedly lol. Should update the OP with a little clearer language IMO. Thanks for the guide btw!

Sorry mate, i have no idea what ur talking about, maybe you got out of the first elevator instead of the second. Ill post a video in the OP which shows what to do after after you get into the game, it just shows the RFOM way.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
Please use the multi-quote button

Sorry mate, i have no idea what ur talking about, maybe you got out of the first elevator instead of the second. Ill post a video in the OP which shows what to do after after you get into the game, it just shows the RFOM way.

That is the exact spot I ended up in. Like I said, it worked it out on my own :D. I just thought it was ridiculous to think I had to do this glitch by killing myself over and over, and ended up thinking it was based on getting kills in the turret-hallway sequence in C-block.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely confused on how to do this. I downloaded the patch blocker, I deleted the game data, I set my proxy server, I start the game up, no patch comes up for me to download & I can't even sign in anyways with the way this guide tells me to set up my internet settings. Can someone please help me? I'm lost...

Edited by Two-Faced Joker

Completely confused on how to do this. I downloaded the patch blocker, I deleted the game data, I set my proxy server, I start the game up, no patch comes up for me to download & I can't even sign in anyways with the way this guide tells me to set up my internet settings. Can someone please help me? I'm lost...

I sent you a PM or w/e they call it here, chat with me there and I'll try to help you.

You have to sign in once in the game, i dusnt work uless ur in a game. Im not sure about the patch not coming up though, did u delete it after setting ur internet settings? Also you dont have to patch the game, its just if a bug occurs with glitching which it hasnt happened to many people. Im sure Porkchop will sort u out though

Edit: Ignore all i just said, you are not ment to see the patch because thats what the patch blocker stops from coming up. If the glitch is occuring u have to set ur internet settings to what they normally are and then download the 1st patch. From there u change ur settings ect. ect. Hope this helps but im sure nuclearporkchop will help u because he pretty much knows as much as me. I just compiled the information into one place after doing it.

Edited by LukeyCow

Yeah well I appreciate both of you trying to help but I just don't know what to do. It wont let me sign in at all after I use 'Proxy Server'. I don't test the connection & I wait to sign in until the game has loaded. I went to go turn off my firewall but my anti-virus/spyware has expired anyways so I couldn't turn it on or off if I wanted to. I asked NuclearPorkChop if my IP as it's recognized on my PS3 when I have normal internet settings & my IP on the Patch Blocker being different is maybe causing the issue & he said it shouldn't. They are different by 1 #, the last #, the patch blocker is 1 lower than what my ps3 has it as.

Yeah, best I can suggest now is try to manually input all your PS3 stuff under "connection settings", at least all that you can.

Basically, the settings shouldn't be changed at ALL, you are just adding the IP address you're getting from Patch Blocker into the Proxy setting (which is your PC's IP address).

From there, all your PS3 is doing is connecting to your computer THEN the internet/psn. Are you running Windows XP, Vista, or 7 btw?

I'm pretty sure Windows 7, I never use the living room computer lol. Yeah see that's what I don't get, I made sure everything is the same as it is on easy settings, all I change is the proxy server option from do not use to use & input the IP. It has to be something with my computer blocking it because I have no idea what else it could be that is preventing me from signing in when I have the proxy server/patch blocker in use. Do you think it possibly has something to do with my laptop running at the same time? I don't see why it would but i'm thinking from all angles now.

Edited by Two-Faced Joker