XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Aliens vs. Predator

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Faced Joker View Post
Completely confused on how to do this. I downloaded the patch blocker, I deleted the game data, I set my proxy server, I start the game up, no patch comes up for me to download & I can't even sign in anyways with the way this guide tells me to set up my internet settings. Can someone please help me? I'm lost...
I sent you a PM or w/e they call it here, chat with me there and I'll try to help you.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

You have to sign in once in the game, i dusnt work uless ur in a game. Im not sure about the patch not coming up though, did u delete it after setting ur internet settings? Also you dont have to patch the game, its just if a bug occurs with glitching which it hasnt happened to many people. Im sure Porkchop will sort u out though

Edit: Ignore all i just said, you are not ment to see the patch because thats what the patch blocker stops from coming up. If the glitch is occuring u have to set ur internet settings to what they normally are and then download the 1st patch. From there u change ur settings ect. ect. Hope this helps but im sure nuclearporkchop will help u because he pretty much knows as much as me. I just compiled the information into one place after doing it.

PSNP|Playfire|Anime Planet
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by LukeyCow; 10-19-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

Yeah well I appreciate both of you trying to help but I just don't know what to do. It wont let me sign in at all after I use 'Proxy Server'. I don't test the connection & I wait to sign in until the game has loaded. I went to go turn off my firewall but my anti-virus/spyware has expired anyways so I couldn't turn it on or off if I wanted to. I asked NuclearPorkChop if my IP as it's recognized on my PS3 when I have normal internet settings & my IP on the Patch Blocker being different is maybe causing the issue & he said it shouldn't. They are different by 1 #, the last #, the patch blocker is 1 lower than what my ps3 has it as.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Old 10-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah, best I can suggest now is try to manually input all your PS3 stuff under "connection settings", at least all that you can.

Basically, the settings shouldn't be changed at ALL, you are just adding the IP address you're getting from Patch Blocker into the Proxy setting (which is your PC's IP address).

From there, all your PS3 is doing is connecting to your computer THEN the internet/psn. Are you running Windows XP, Vista, or 7 btw?

Last edited by Nuclearporkchop; 10-20-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure Windows 7, I never use the living room computer lol. Yeah see that's what I don't get, I made sure everything is the same as it is on easy settings, all I change is the proxy server option from do not use to use & input the IP. It has to be something with my computer blocking it because I have no idea what else it could be that is preventing me from signing in when I have the proxy server/patch blocker in use. Do you think it possibly has something to do with my laptop running at the same time? I don't see why it would but i'm thinking from all angles now.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Last edited by Two-Faced Joker; 10-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

fuck this glitch.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

I've been trying to do this glitch for a while now and I have followed the instructions step by step. The problem I am having is this, I get to the point where I put the game in and load it all up, then I go to sign in (which from the instructions says you must do) and then it won't sign me in, it says that my IP address has succeeded, but when it comes to internet connection it doesn't. I know that it is when I enable proxy it does this nothing else. Can someone please guide me through on what to do? I am now completely out of ideas and completely clueless Thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #28 (permalink)

Help please.
This glitch works without Resistance FoM? I ask because the video shows Resistance FoM, but the description in first post does not. Or two different ways?
He is still relevant?
P.S. I apologize for my English, I'm from Russia.

Last edited by Sashok170784; 11-03-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #29 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashok170784 View Post
Help please.
This glitch works without Resistance FoM? I ask because the video shows Resistance FoM, but the description in first post does not. Or two different ways?
He is still relevant?
P.S. I apologize for my English, I'm from Russia.
Hi this does not require resistance FOM. The video at the start is a guide on what to do when u are in AVP. It conpletely misses the steps u need involving the patch blocker but people were getting comfused so i posted it. There seems to be some problems lately with it but it shud still work.

PSNP|Playfire|Anime Planet
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 11-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy8642 View Post
Hi this does not require resistance FOM. The video at the start is a guide on what to do when u are in AVP. It conpletely misses the steps u need involving the patch blocker but people were getting comfused so i posted it. There seems to be some problems lately with it but it shud still work.
Thank you.
I'll try today.
UPD It works

Last edited by Sashok170784; 11-04-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Closed Thread