Deleteing patch and heavy lifting trophy

Animal

Hi guys,

So the only trophy I have left to complete Aliens CM is heavy lifting. I have tried a few times with no luck and have seen on many forums that deleting the patch makes it far easier. So I have a problem....

I have deleted the patch from the game data utility folder (I did this all offline), loaded up aliens and got a screen which shows me what version the patch is and that it needs to be installed. The options to choose are OK and CANCEL. Even if I press cancel it goes straight into the installing patch loading bar and begins updating and I have to quit the game using the controller to stop it from doing so.

Do I have to do something else before it will let me run without the patch? As at the moment I can't seen to bypass the update.

Yes it does sign me out when pressing cancel but it continues the update telling me not to turn off my system. It's really strange.

I have also done this all offline with the same result, the patch continues being installed after selecting cancel.

I'll keep the yellow pages handy!

Well I managed it so it looks like the patch wasn't installed. Thanks for the reply though thought I was losing my marbles! Platinum too :)

Edited by Bounty V
please use the edit function instead of double posting