I watched the reviews from IGN and Gamespot before I think about buying this

and they both gave it a 4.5 rating.

Now for those who have played this, tell me if this game is any good. What are some of the good key elements and the bad ones?

does it have multiplayer ?

recently about a few months ago (October) I gotten myself into the alien genre. I wanted to watch the Alien movies (you know the Ridley Scott/and the James Cameron sequal) so I bought the box set with all four Alien movies including Resurection (AVP and Promethious I haven't gotten there yet)

So now I wanted to play some games featuring Xenomorphs. In the past I have played AVP the game and Dead Space 1 and 2 on the PS3. I beaten AVP since it was very short lived, and never gotten to finish the Dead Space series because I was so bad at it

So tell me what you all think about this, Should I get Aliens Colonial Marines, or should I stick with the previous games?

I bought this having never watched any of the reviews and barely any previews and yes the online isn't great and the difficulty of story mode can spike quite badly in places but I liked it a lot and for the peanuts it costs to buy now (about £3 on PSN) you can't go wrong :). I definitely recommend getting the Stasis DLC and playing that first as it fills in about 95% of the plot holes :). The online trophies will need boosting as the servers are really quiet and the MP is unbalanced but with a dedicated group you can get all the MP stuff done in about 3 days in private matches :).

In terms of length, even with the Stasis DLC, you're looking at about 1-2 weeks tops to get everything done so it's not the longest game in the world.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I bought this having never watched any of the reviews and barely any previews and yes the online isn't great the difficulty of story mode can spike quite badly in places but I liked it a lot and for the peanuts it costs to buy now (about £3 on PSN) you can't go wrong :). I definitely recommend get the Stasis DLC and playing that first as it fills in about 95% of the plot holes :). The online trophies will need boosting as the servers are really quiet and the MP is unbalanced but with a dedicated group you can get all the MP stuff done in about 3 days in private matches :).

In terms of length, even with the Stasis DLC, you're looking at about 1-2 weeks tops to get everything done so it's not the longest game in the world.

AVP wasnt the longest game in the world either. Why is the movie/video game franchise like that?

I wouldn't put any stock in what IGN and Gamespot have to say as they're infamous for their poor journalistic standards.

Do you have a game critic reviewer you can reccomend that is truly loyal to the game they reviewed and legit to their comments? I can think of two; Gametrailers and Classic Game Room

Edited by IsaacPlaystation321

I bought this having never watched any of the reviews and barely any previews and yes the online isn't great and the difficulty of story mode can spike quite badly in places but I liked it a lot and for the peanuts it costs to buy now (about £3 on PSN) you can't go wrong :). I definitely recommend get the Stasis DLC and playing that first as it fills in about 95% of the plot holes :). The online trophies will need boosting as the servers are really quiet and the MP is unbalanced but with a dedicated group you can get all the MP stuff done in about 3 days in private matches :).

This ^. The game was enjoyable to me in campaign mode. The online was fun because we had and enjoyable boosting group of site members. Be sure to get fun people to boost with. Makes things so much better Isaac. As Terminator mentioned you can boost in private matches with is beautiful.

• 3 months later...
I wouldn't put any stock in what IGN and Gamespot have to say as they're infamous for their poor journalistic standards.

That is the best quote i'll ever do.... :applause:

Not even sure why ppl dictate what they will buy based on some websites definitive rules for gaming they quote daily. They must have a list in their drawer

1. If it's a game by EA give it a high score, they'll pay us extra.

2. Any other game we are not getting paid by the developer. Give it a low score.

I've seriously seen websites like that give some poorly made junk a high score, it was actually a ea game can't recall it, and something that was beautiful a low score. I :rofl: when i see their scores now. If it's a developer i like i go buy it.

Case in point. Need for Speed Rivals. 8.5 There isn't anything different about that game compared to the multiple other Need for speed titles in the last 3 years. You'll even have 30-50 dollars of DLC, cause it's EA, yet every Need for Speed has been highly rated by them.