Heavy lifting trophy... BOOM

jajay

So this trophy was pretty much the hardest trophy of the game, amazingly frustrating. But there is hope. By chance myself and partner found a way to do it very easy.

When you are in the container before you drop down, equip your battle rifle with the smart gun scope. Now if you look at the right side of the container you should see the raven in the distance. Move to the edge of the container slowly so not to fall down and keep stopping and checking your scope to see when the raven has seen you and is coming for you. MAKE SURE NOT TO DROP DOWN you have to stay in the container. Once there you and your partner are free to unload a world of pain. Use all your grenades and attachments to hurt it as much as possible. Once it's basically green you need to get in the loader to finish the job off. Exit the container BACK the way you came (just one of you) go back through the damage railings and stick close to the right wall and walk past the raven and enter the area. Don't worry about your partner as they will warp in once the raven follows and the cutscene kicks in. When we did this the very first hit was a headlock and the other 2 came with 2 more hits. And the timer doesn't start until you get in the loader :) we did this on our first attempt at this method but we tried the other way about 100 times. Thanks to megshizz for your help (and patience with me) and hope this works for others. Any problems just drop me a message.

So this trophy was pretty much the hardest trophy of the game, amazingly frustrating. But there is hope. By chance myself and partner found a way to do it very easy.

When you are in the container before you drop down, equip your battle rifle with the smart gun scope. Now if you look at the right side of the container you should see the raven in the distance. Move to the edge of the container slowly so not to fall down and keep stopping and checking your scope to see when the raven has seen you and is coming for you. MAKE SURE NOT TO DROP DOWN you have to stay in the container. Once there you and your partner are free to unload a world of pain. Use all your grenades and attachments to hurt it as much as possible. Once it's basically green you need to get in the loader to finish the job off. Exit the container BACK the way you came (just one of you) go back through the damage railings and stick close to the right wall and walk past the raven and enter the area. Don't worry about your partner as they will warp in once the raven follows and the cutscene kicks in. When we did this the very first hit was a headlock and the other 2 came with 2 more hits. And the timer doesn't start until you get in the loader :) we did this on our first attempt at this method but we tried the other way about 100 times. Thanks to megshizz for your help (and patience with me) and hope this works for others. Any problems just drop me a message.

Another way to get the trophy is to delete the patch because there has been reports that the patch made it even more harder to unlock the trophy.

Yes but if you are like me and have a full time co op partner :) this is the way to go. As you can't delete and play online so very much depends on your play style. Tha me for your input though ;)

Oh yeah I knew about the online thing since that always require you to download patch

There is local co-op so you could delete the patch and do offline co-op :).

and here is the other alternative thanks to terminator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like this idea, but I'm trying to get the trophy solo. Do you think it would work to get to the container, but then backtrack to the place where you ducked under? The raven, in my game, was hanging out there (so not visible from the container). If I unload on him there, then go back to the container and run to the power loader it should work?

To answer my own question, DAMN this strategy works! I even was able to do it solo! Here is what I did:

1) On Soldier difficulty get to the final checkpoint before the fight with the Raven (this is where you start running outside and ducking under things to get away from the raven).

2) Save and quit the game.

3) Delete the latest patch (if installed).

4) Upload your save to the cloud (if a member of PS+; optional - if you get through the fight and the trophy doesn't pop, this allows you to go back to the last checkpoint rather than restart the entire level).

5) Reload the save and make your way under the two sets of barricades.

6) After the second barricade, kill the xenomorphs that attack you but DON'T JUMP DOWN THE CONTAINER to the door where the power loader is.

7) If you inch to the edge of the container, you will get the audio for the next section of the level (something about "1000 pounds of steel might do the trick"). If you inch a little further, the Raven will come toward you.

8) For some reason the Raven came right up to the door for me, so I unloaded on it (entire ammo reserve for the battle rifle, submachine gun, and assault rifle, plus three grenades).

9) Once I had done that, I backtracked to the entrace of the area, and took a few shots at the Raven. This got the Raven to backtrack to where I was.

10) Run from that point back through the container and into the power loader.

11) After the cutscene, quickly hit the Raven with the power loader. The first "kill" animation should come after only two or three hits!

12) Keep it up.

With this strategy, I did it first try - after MANY attempts before. Thanks for the find!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying this now, but I just can't get the Raven to approach me before I drop out of the container. I get the dialogue saying it's on it's way, but it stays out of sight until I fall to the floor, at which point it's on me and I die. Likewise, if I go back to the first hole you duck under it's out of sight unless I go back through to lure it out, but then it won't stay there while I shoot it, as soon as I get safely back through the hole it runs off again.

• 2 months later...

I first tried this with the current patch, but the whole scene (not just the trophy) felt a bit difficult. Raven and also the other Xenos were pretty aggressive. Playing on "soldier" and solo.

Well, I then deleted the patch (remember NOT to delete the save files), played offline and wow, the section was much easier. Enemies are clearly less aggressive and do less damage. Sure, you still have to be semi-fast but now you can just keep swinging with R1 (personally I didn't really use L1) and when you get the rhythm going the Raven goes down. Just keep swinging and keep her cornered if you can.

Not sure when the trophy "timer" actually starts but I started my timer at the moment when my character is going to the power loader and it was about 1:05-1:07 when the final Raven's "death animation" started and the trophy popped. I would say that the first "power loader grab" has to happen at least around 27-29 sec and it probably helps if the Raven doesn't get the first strike when the fight starts (sometimes it did so I re-started the checkpoint).

So if you're having problems, just delete the patch, get the trophy and then re-download the patch. :)

• 1 month later...
To answer my own question, DAMN this strategy works! I even was able to do it solo! Here is what I did:

1) On Soldier difficulty get to the final checkpoint before the fight with the Raven (this is where you start running outside and ducking under things to get away from the raven).

2) Save and quit the game.

3) Delete the latest patch (if installed).

4) Upload your save to the cloud (if a member of PS+; optional - if you get through the fight and the trophy doesn't pop, this allows you to go back to the last checkpoint rather than restart the entire level).

5) Reload the save and make your way under the two sets of barricades.

6) After the second barricade, kill the xenomorphs that attack you but DON'T JUMP DOWN THE CONTAINER to the door where the power loader is.

7) If you inch to the edge of the container, you will get the audio for the next section of the level (something about "1000 pounds of steel might do the trick"). If you inch a little further, the Raven will come toward you.

8) For some reason the Raven came right up to the door for me, so I unloaded on it (entire ammo reserve for the battle rifle, submachine gun, and assault rifle, plus three grenades).

9) Once I had done that, I backtracked to the entrance of the area, and took a few shots at the Raven. This got the Raven to backtrack to where I was.

10) Run from that point back through the container and into the power loader.

11) After the cutscene, quickly hit the Raven with the power loader. The first "kill" animation should come after only two or three hits!

12) Keep it up.

With this strategy, I did it first try - after MANY attempts before. Thanks for the find!

I used the same strategy, but skipped step 7 and 8 and went straight to step 9 and just unloaded all my ammo into the Raven. I final managed to get the trophy on my 4th try. I timed it from when I climbed in the power loader and it took 1 min 8 Seconds; the Raven only hit me once, so I don't see how anyone could get the trophy solo, with the latest patch, unless they follow the above strategy :think:

Edited by guylian