1.05 Patch now live!

General

• Adjusted melee encounter animations
  • Various AI improvements.
    • Adjusted Xeno behavior to only allow for tail attacks when they’re on ceilings
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Xenos to walk upright on ceilings
    • Adjusted Lurker AI to retreat a bit after a close encounter
    • Fixed a bug where AI marines would occasionally default pose if incapacitated from a melee encounter
    • Fixed a bug where AI would still be targetable by Xenos while incapacitated

[*]Changed the close encounter lighting to fade out instead of abruptly turning off

[*]Addressed an issue where player weapons would possibly continue to fire during melee encounters

[*]Adjusted the dissolve effect for Xeno head pieces and particles in Bug Hunt and multiplayer

[*]Adjusted the attack angle for the Xeno tail stab to prevent stretching

[*]Addressed an issue where Xeno gore effects would occasionally play twice

[*]Addressed an issue with the ‘Eat This!’ achievement from not being unlocked when using the double-barreled flush gun

[*]Addressed a rare crash bug when using interactive objects

[*]Addressed an issue where the motion tracker ping would play when you didn’t have a motion tracker available

[*]Tweaked an incorrect PS3 warning message

Campaign

• Adjusted “Recruit” difficulty to be easier. (Other difficulty options have not changed)
  • Fixed a clipping issue with an early Xeno encounter

Versus

• Adjusted a broken Extermination Point in Excavation
  • Addressed an issue in Extermination where the last two Extermination Points used would sometimes immediately reactivate
  • Addressed an issue that wouldn’t let you select spectator cameras when joining games in progress

Source: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/23137591-PlayStation-3-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

With this patch it means the Stasis Interrupted DLC will be released very soon :). EDIT: The patch is 116mb. Also note that several items from the Hot Fix haven't made their way into this patch, this means at least one more patch will coming at some point in the near future.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Gearbox already announced on their forums that the new dlc will be released next week, they stated:

" Stasis Interrupted, an all-new campaign add-on for Aliens: Colonial Marines, is headed to PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 next week!

The final piece of Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC, Stasis Interrupted, tells the story of what happened to Hicks between Aliens and Alien 3 through the eyes of three different characters. The story begins as Lisbeth Hutchins and other passengers onboard the spaceship Legato wake unexpectedly from hypersleep and must figure out why their vessel has been diverted to intercept the Sulaco leaving LV-426's orbit. Fight your way through the alien-infested spaceship, find out what Michael Weyland is after, and discover what truly happened to Hicks!

Packing new Achievements and Trophies, Stasis Interrupted will be rolling out on all platforms beginning July 23th (July 24th for PlayStation 3 players in Europe) and will be available individually or as part of the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass, a bundle that includes access to the previously released Bug Hunt mode, Reconnaissance Pack and Movie Map Pack."

Just started the game yesterday and haven't actually ran into any problems.. I'm really actually enjoying the game.. can't believe I held out so long from listening to everyone's bitching and all the bad reviews...

It's very rare that I read reviews for new releases and I tried to avoid previews wherever possible as they colour my views too much. I like A: CM and the patches have fixed virtually every issue I've ever had, yes the story is a little iffy but the Stasis Interrupted DLC should sort that out :).

It's very rare that I read reviews for new releases and I tried to avoid previews wherever possible as they colour my views too much. I like A: CM and the patches have fixed virtually every issue I've ever had, yes the story is a little iffy but the Stasis Interrupted DLC should sort that out :).

I am glad I already platinum this game because I heard there is a nasty bug on the x360 version where your ranking level gets reset back to 1.

I am going to download the ppatch tomorrow but I hope anyone else that haven't platinum the game yet doesn't have anything major happen to their progress after downloading the patch ya know?

Anyways, I hope gearbox stays true to their word about the DLC dropping this upcoming Tuesday

That bug got fixed ages ago so it's not a problem any more :). If anything does go wrong then it will be Sony's Problem as they suck when it comes to updating the store on time.

ah good to read! looks like its a micro$oft thing then! this isn't the first time I have read an issue like this happen before because I have read reports that it has happened on other games before and not just Aliens!

I remember reading something similar happening with Borderlands 1 a LONG time ago but man that has got to suck big time and something like that should NEVER happen or at least have a way to safely update the file save in the user cloud server or whatever in case something happens.

meanwhile, it looks like this may be the FINAL patch but after I re-read the DLC campaign from the gearbox forum, here is one thing that kind of gives me a clue that Gearbox is done with Aliens:

"The final piece of Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC, Stasis Interrupted, tells the story of what happened to Hicks between Aliens and Alien 3 through the eyes of three different characters. The story begins as Lisbeth Hutchins and other passengers onboard the spaceship Legato wake unexpectedly from hypersleep and must figure out why their vessel has been diverted to intercept the Sulaco leaving LV-426's orbit. Fight your way through the alien-infested spaceship, find out what Michael Weyland is after, and discover what truly happened to Hicks!"

that right there just pretty much proves that gearbox is done but then I also read that after the DLC is released tomorrow, some of the forum members were saying something about a "90 day window" and click that bold line to read one member mentioning the "90 day window" etc

So I guess during the 90 day window, does that mean that there is some developers or SOMEONE from gearbox/dark side games studio is going to keep an eye on the dlc or address any issues in case the DLC has some problems with users or whatnot, etc when it is dropped tomorrow? I kind of figured once the DLC up, no one is going to be doing any further work/polishing/fixing bugs/etc ever again since we all know gearbox does not care at all.

ah good to read! looks like its a micro$oft thing then! this isn't the first time I have read an issue like this happen before because I have read reports that it has happened on other games before and not just Aliens!

I remember reading something similar happening with Borderlands 1 a LONG time ago but man that has got to suck big time and something like that should NEVER happen or at least have a way to safely update the file save in the user cloud server or whatever in case something happens.

meanwhile, it looks like this may be the FINAL patch but after I re-read the DLC campaign from the gearbox forum, here is one thing that kind of gives me a clue that Gearbox is done with Aliens:

"The final piece of Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC, Stasis Interrupted, tells the story of what happened to Hicks between Aliens and Alien 3 through the eyes of three different characters. The story begins as Lisbeth Hutchins and other passengers onboard the spaceship Legato wake unexpectedly from hypersleep and must figure out why their vessel has been diverted to intercept the Sulaco leaving LV-426's orbit. Fight your way through the alien-infested spaceship, find out what Michael Weyland is after, and discover what truly happened to Hicks!"

that right there just pretty much proves that gearbox is done but then I also read that after the DLC is released tomorrow, some of the forum members were saying something about a "90 day window" and click that bold line to read one member mentioning the "90 day window" etc

So I guess during the 90 day window, does that mean that there is some developers or SOMEONE from gearbox/dark side games studio is going to keep an eye on the dlc or address any issues in case the DLC has some problems with users or whatnot, etc when it is dropped tomorrow? I kind of figured once the DLC up, no one is going to be doing any further work/polishing/fixing bugs/etc ever again since we all know gearbox does not care at all.

If they really didn't care, they wouldn't be blowing $40k out for EACH patch to one of their games..

If they really didn't care, they wouldn't be blowing $40k out for EACH patch to one of their games..

This^

If this game had been made by EA, then they would have abandoned it a long time ago like they do with virtually every other game they've ever made. This is what I like about Gearbox, they carry on patching even if the game isn't well received :).

There are still 2 Pre-Order bonus DLCs (the S.H.A.R.P sticks and an MP customisation) that haven't been released to the rest of the world yet so they should, hopefully, be with us soon :). At the moment you can only get these DLCs from the US PS Store :(.

This^

If this game had been made by EA, then they would have abandoned it a long time ago like they do with virtually every other game they've ever made. This is what I like about Gearbox, they carry on patching even if the game isn't well received :).

There are still 2 Pre-Order bonus DLCs (the S.H.A.R.P sticks and an MP customisation) that haven't been released to the rest of the world yet so they should, hopefully, be with us soon :). At the moment you can only get these DLCs from the US PS Store :(.

Well EA doesn't do it w/ EVERY game, they just don't support games that they know are gunna flop and get shit feedback... I like Gearbox, love Borderlands and I actually really like this game. Just need a few more levels for my platinum but it's boring solo and I can't find ANYONE in matchmaking...

No problem, I like to keep people informed when any kind of patch drops so they know what's been fixed :).

What is so weird about this patch is that it DID indeed fix quite a few problems from the game but one thing I noticed the most was that the Aliens AI are MUCH better than before. I was reading this thread Alien AI is now superb! - The Gearbox Software Forums and decided to play a few levels yesterday before I passed out because I had to wake up at 5am to catch a 3 hour flight back home to my crib.

Anyways, I was VERY surprised that the thread was indeed correct, I died MORE than I should of during Regular difficulty. I played through one level filled with AI human enemies and I wanted to see if I could just sprint past all those morons without dying but no chance! I quickly died and I was happy about that since I wanted the game to be more challenging.

Eventually, I played a level filled with Xeno's and whatnot, the AI aliens were shockingly more aggressive! Before the Xeno's were laughable by walking slowly to you while standing up but this time they just leapt right in the air towards me! I was even more happy! The Xeno's ACTUALLY tried to kill me! The Xeno's would actually dodged from my aiming a few times at them and would instantly go right at me to attack! WOOT!

Now some gamers may not notice it because they probably haven't played it enough or haven't platinum'd the game or whatnot, etc. But if you want, you can decide not to download the update and play a few campaign levels without the patch, then reboot the game to download/install the patch and see if you notice the AI difficulty/pathing/attacks/etc were better this time.

Well EA doesn't do it w/ EVERY game, they just don't support games that they know are gunna flop and get shit feedback... I like Gearbox, love Borderlands and I actually really like this game. Just need a few more levels for my platinum but it's boring solo and I can't find ANYONE in matchmaking...

this is VERY true. When I used to work in the industry for 5-6 years, I actually knew a few co-workers that used to work for EA or were laid off but picked up by EA that would tell me that all the things you read about EA online are pretty much 95% true. Some of the co-workers couldn't last very long at EA because of how unprofessional the veteran employees at EA were towards other employees. There is more f*cked up stories I could share but I would rather do that through PM than post it here.

• 2 months later...

The few graphics tweaks we have had have been for minor issues here and there that aren't really noticeable, don't expect anything like the 8gb patch the PC had as it's not going to happen.

The difficulty is still wonky as heck in places and the online is still balanced heavily in the Marines favour (boosting is a must for the online trophies) but overall the patches have fixed the majority of the complaints people had and it's a decent enough game if you lower your expectations a little :).

Cool thanks, I might give it a go again.

I was devastated when I first played it seeing as it was my most anticipated game for years an years, about the time they started talking about it again so 2008? Lol

So you can imagine waiting all that time to see great previews and end up with what we got =[

Did they ever actually give an official statement and apology yet as I know they went very quiet about it for a long time.

Nothing has been said for ages but considering the press were constantly having a go at them, Gearbox never got a chance to give their side of the story so I doubt we'll ever find out what really happened :(.

The Stasis Interrupted and Bug Hunt DLCs are well worth getting, hopefully we'll be getting one final patch soon as not everything from the Hot Fix made it into the 1.05 patch :).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

Are there many people playing the game?

I'm not much of a trophy or achievement hunter at all these days tbh, I just go for ones that I think may be fun or for a game like Far Cry: Blood Dragon where the game would have been far too short without them but I would be happy to help others with them if I could find a group that wants to do the full campaign on co-op.

Seeing as I've finished it solo I think it would be fun to do as a group the way it's really intended to be played =)

Thanks for the quick response I will check out how active that thread is and hopefully can find 3 players.

Terminator, did you have to play through the campaign a couple of times to get all the trophies you wanted or just the once?

I wonder just so I get an idea whether people would have a reason to go back and play the campaign again.

Do you get much people on here setting up sessions just for fun or is it pretty much 100% for boosting.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

I got a large slice of the story trophies in one playthrough but to get 2179 kills took many playthroughs and a few replays of certain chapters to obtain, I had to chapter select a few times for the collectible and chapter specific trophies as some are a pain to get/find. The Stasis DLC only took 1 and a bit playthroughs to 100% as I managed to get every trophy except for the Audio Log one due to missing a single Audio Log.

In terms of the MP, the few people that are still playing are either Hardcore fans playing for fun or Trophy Boosters. Trying to gain the MP trophies without boosting is almost impossible as the online is very unbalanced and the Hardcore players will tear you apart. The DLC maps are almost entirely dead so don't expect to get a game on those very often.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.