Rate the trophy difficulty...  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.16

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

Gave it a 6, with some boosting (which I hate doing, but what can you do when the ping is always against you?) it helps with the challenges.

But otherwise easily done, the campaign itself with some friends, even on ultimate badass is easy enough, collectables can be obtained via chapter select, same for some of the special ones such as killing 3 enemies at once with a firebomb (hint-chapter 4 after you get the smart gun).

Only problem with campaign is on ultimate badass you get no hud but this wasn't so much an issue for me, I had one friend at all times and we allowed randoms to help buff us, if one was afk or not helping we'd restart the checkpoint until we do the job or the random leaves XD

Its the challenges that are a pain, if not for these I'd of given this a 4, with boosting these can be reduced, a total of 3 people are needed for SOME, you don't need whole groups going at it unless you got that many...

Good hunting y'all, just rank 60, all dogtags/one last audio log and challenges to go (xeno kills will come overtime :3)

I give it a 2 b/c with boosting half of the trophies can be boosted and the other half can/will be obtained in the campaign. Ult BA was easily to do with friends and the story is rather short. Most missions took about 15-25 mins and it's 11 missions. The collectibles can be gotten using Ch select and the campaign challenges can be gotten or farmed at certain ch chkpnts. check out my threads about the trophies and/or the comment section on the trophies page.

voted 2 with boosting

ultimate badass can be done in public, it appears you need to be in the lobby before the game starts ... two times I noticed I didn't get "badass" unlocked when joining midway.

prob 8-9 w/o boosting

14- Hawked It All Up: As a Spitter Xeno, kill 2 enemies at once with a single fully charged Spit attack

good luck w/ that one and a few others if you are doing it legit :)

Easily a two for me. The only thing that isn't possible without help are a number of the challenges such as getting to acid spit kills at once. I'm leveling very fast on my own. My highest kills in a match so far has been 31. Once you level up the things you unlock can give you a really good advantage of those in lower rank, if you're good at the game and figure out what skills to use. I recommend using a guide for the dog tags too. I went through every level without using it and I looked at every spot I could. It isn't easy to find them all without help.

Just got the platinum an hour ago and decided to give this a four because the ultimate badass difficultly with 4 total co-op players can be a little tricky since you have to he careful not to shoot each other lol. The challenges are easy but they take quite some time to complete if you don't have 3 people total due to "kill 2 while etc challenges". All the marine challenges are easy to do because you can always restart checkpoint to rack up kills or whatever. The multiplayer challenges are the ones that will take the most time since you need to rank up in order to buy upgrades for specific challenges. I put in a total of 40-42 hours to achieve the platinum but it can take longer if you don't have many people to help in MP challenges. The worst part is that if you complete a different challenge on the list, it will not mark off as completed until you reach that specific challenge which can be extremely annoying

I give it a 4/10 with boosting the challenges and 9/10 if u don't boost challenges. I can gurantee u will not platinum this game without boost. If anyone says they plat this game without boosting, i'd say they full of #$*&. How are these game developers thinking we would get 2 enimies with 1 spit.. SERIOUSLY ???? Never touching this game ever again.:dance:

I gave this a 5/10. Playing through the campaign in co-op on UBA setting is definitely the way to go. Without boosting, it would be almost impossible to do some of the challenges. Gearbox should have allowed all the challenges to be active at the same time.

Like most people, I'm a little disappointed with this game and I've still got the dlc's to do when they come out. Luckily, I'm part of a really good boosting party, so getting each dlc done shouldn't be too hard.

Nothing too taxing if you boost multiplayer challenges, ultimate bad ass is a breeze in co op. Mp challenges doing legit would make this game really hard but thankfully you can boost them in private. So with that said I vote 4 For the campaign and the other two challenge trees.

Edited by manic

I gave this a 3 rating as I started the campaign in badass and did it all solo, was sooo much easier with multiple people, I obtained the challenges easily enough in the campaign and chapter select. The fluff to weapons were a bit amusing, character modification seemed a bit moot but gives you some things to buy. I enjoyed playing the aliens. I was not amused about the amount of exp. and grinded the last level for exp. the MP was fun, good team based games, just a let down with the graphics and gameplay. I did boost the last quarter of MP challenges because I was bored of the game by then and wanted to return the rental.

I give it a 4/10 with boosting the challenges and 9/10 if u don't boost challenges. I can gurantee u will not platinum this game without boost. If anyone says they plat this game without boosting, i'd say they full of #$*&. How are these game developers thinking we would get 2 enimies with 1 spit.. SERIOUSLY ???? Never touching this game ever again.:dance:

I agree, the difficulty rating should be up pretty high without boosting, but it's not as impossible as you think. Call me full o' chit but I didn't boost a single challenge for platinum. Those kill two enemies with one attack challenges were a bitch to complete, and they almost drove me to boost, but I just kept trying an eventually I got lucky on a couple of them.

8/10 without boosting, easily a 3 or 4 with with boosting.

I gave it a 5 in an effort to sort of split the difference (2 or 3 if boosting / 8 or 9 if not boosting). Pretty damn easy except for some of the challenges which are just ludicrous. Not to mention, there's more than 80 challenges total in the game so that's like 80 trophies rolled into one. Again, nothing too hard (especially if you boost) but a bit of a grinder.....

Edited by DETfaninATL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree gixxerrider some of the trophies were easy granted there is no way to complete certain challeneges without boosting hawk it up for one was the biggest pain in the @%$ But it is done now plaitnum and this game is now going on ebay lol