This game is frickin hard

Vyrastas

I'm at a point now where I'm struggling to get enough medals to unlock the next main blue level. I've started to go back and do the earlier levels again to get more medals. It seems there are still more UFO unlocks because some levels require you to shoot 5 for a medal, but only 3 will appear.

I'm at a point now where I'm struggling to get enough medals to unlock the next main blue level. I've started to go back and do the earlier levels again to get more medals. It seems there are still more UFO unlocks because some levels require you to shoot 5 for a medal, but only 3 will appear.

Actually it depends on how you kill the enemies how many UFOs show up. I've unlocked all the main levels but not all the red ones.

UFO's actually appear (at least in my case) no matter how you take out the enemies... but you have to be FAST to catch them since sometimes you don't notice the "UFO over here!" marker until it's too late since you're caught up on the main action.

Haven't run into a "need more medals" problem yet and I'm at about lvl 20 something with all red levels up to that point unlocked. I actually have ALL the medals for lvl 20 and below so maybe that's why (and I've also already unlocked the "3 million total points" trophy).

Ah, good call on the UFO thing, I didn't think about waiting to kill enemies for more to appear. What is really nice is that you can still earn a medal for the level even if you fail to complete it.

I have two more blue levels to unlock. I've been trying to get the Lumper Spacesuit, but that one is really hard.

I just completed all the blue levels. Have some 110 medals now and got that 2 million trophy... will be a while until I get the 30 million trophy, though.

The blue levels that gave me fits to complete were 25, 36 and 39. Particularly 39, that one was hard. I'm really getting the hang of the game, though.

Do you guys know how many suits there are total? I have 8 of 9 that I know of.

On what level did you get the 2 million trophy on?

I'll provide complete it over the weekend and post the review next week and since there's no trophy guide I need to cut some time of my total so knowing WHERE to go for the 2 M trophy would really help.

The very 1st survival (red) level is a good place to get it

On what level did you get the 2 million trophy on?

I'll provide complete it over the weekend and post the review next week and since there's no trophy guide I need to cut some time of my total so knowing WHERE to go for the 2 M trophy would really help.

I got it on Level 9-alpha. I found that one pretty easy to get high points on, nearly got 7 million after only a few tries. The 30 million one won't be so bad now, I've gotten some good scores on early Survival levels.

CORRECTION: The level that I found really easy for points was actually Level 4-alpha, not Level 9. I got almost 7 mil on Level 4-alpha.

I've started to put a guide together, though I'd like to get the "unlock all spacesuits" and "unlock all levels" trophies before I post it. If you guys have strategies on certain types of levels post and I can add them in with credit, of course.

EDIT2: Got all the spacesuits and the 30 million trophy. There are 9 suits total. I've definitely getting better at the game, I have some 130 medals now. Just kind of chipping away at them one by one. Still hard to believe that with all I've done I'm still only halfway there.

Edited by Vyrastas

Thanks for the info! A guide would definitely help new owners since the game could be too old school for some. Did two hours last night on the last couple of blue levels and while I was at it I got all medals in 3 levels on my first go... but two of the score related medals on two other levels took me 40 minutes hahaha.

Loving the game. Hope I get all my trophies over the weekend so I can post my review next week.

Just unlocked all levels, got all medals on blue levels and all medals on first two red levels. Working my way up the rest of the red ones but that should take a while with all the crazy requirements hahaha.

Currently ranked in the top 25 and going up at least 1 spot after every level I complete.

• 1 month later...

Just maild something to those pom pom guys who created the game. After two weeks of trying level 21 alpha it was getting to frustrating and gave them my opinion:

This game is to hard!!! I currently am number 6 on the board but Those two who made the game may show me how to beat 10 bosses in level 21 alpha and 12 in 31 alpha. From the scoreboards on and from contacting some other players only one has gotten the 10 bosses medal. One player in the complete world. Come on dudes give us a freaking chance to get 100% at this game. I bet you guys even cant do it (and don't post an edited video). Add a patch so there are health packs in these levels or lower the total bosses that needed to be killed, at least do something cause after 2 weeks trying its getting to frustrating. Or is that your goal, then you two must be pretty sadistic

Just maild something to those pom pom guys who created the game. After two weeks of trying level 21 alpha it was getting to frustrating and gave them my opinion:

This game is to hard!!! I currently am number 6 on the board but Those two who made the game may show me how to beat 10 bosses in level 21 alpha and 12 in 31 alpha. From the scoreboards on and from contacting some other players only one has gotten the 10 bosses medal. One player in the complete world. Come on dudes give us a freaking chance to get 100% at this game. I bet you guys even cant do it (and don't post an edited video). Add a patch so there are health packs in these levels or lower the total bosses that needed to be killed, at least do something cause after 2 weeks trying its getting to frustrating. Or is that your goal, then you two must be pretty sadistic

I agree there should be a chance to earn extra lives, and if you have 3 lives already and pick up a health, you should receive an extra life. It's far too difficult on some levels.

This is one of the few games that I love its insane difficulty. It feels right, just. I mean you know the rules of the game, you know the patterns, you know it' ll break you. I play castle crashers as well these days and its insane mode is plain broken, I am near maxing my character and I know that they are forcing me to find some coop partner (stupid multiplayer frenzy). AZMd is probably the only really difficult game that I haven't felt the urge to throw the ds3 on a wall or something (I am looking at you stardust). I don't know what it is, the short length of the level sessions, the medal-earning no matter if you ended the level, the right level of randomness. I don't mind if I don't get the gold trophy, I am content with all the others.

By the way, I am at 155 medals, 22m points and struggling with blue level 39 for the remaining 3 silver trophies (all levels unlocked, 30m total, all blue ones).

Fantastic game. One of the few games I find really challenging, but very little frustrating.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In every level there are 4 things to do. And in 2 levels you have to kill a certain amount of bosses. 8 in the first in one and 12 in the second one. It is nearly impossible. I killed once 7 of 8 and had the second best score of the world at that time. In that level one person has gotten it. In the level where you need to kill 12 I only have 8 kills. IMpossible is the word, I played for 2 mounths this game and not gotten it. Even asked the creators for a patch:mad: