For your sanity's sake...

pmm_fin

Start this game on elite!

I cannot recall a more mind numbing experience than playing this game a second time with just increased difficulty. It's scripted so thoroughly that there is nothing different but enemies just take more hits and make more damage. Furthermore the levels are ridiculously long and the over all theme is incredibly repetitive. Enter room, aliens burst through, some burst behind you, rinse, repeat.

I'm not touching the sequels :mad:

I agree. If you can get past the first 2 levels and upgrade the damage on your assault rifle and get the health pack upgrade you'll do fine. Just save often and reload when you feel either took too much damage or used too much amma

o. Also, be sure to grab all the collectibles or you will have to replay levels. I would have enjoyed this game a lot more if only I played through each level once. That would have been been nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Start this game on elite!

I cannot recall a more mind numbing experience than playing this game a second time with just increased difficulty. It's scripted so thoroughly that there is nothing different but enemies just take more hits and make more damage. Furthermore the levels are ridiculously long and the over all theme is incredibly repetitive. Enter room, aliens burst through, some burst behind you, rinse, repeat.

I'm not touching the sequels :mad:

My words, this game was ridiculously monotonous. Unfortunately, I've caught the plat in two playthroughs :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm on the last level on elite and I have to say: the game is boring as hell. It's not a bad game, but man, is it repetitive.

Go to a room fix something, aliens pop up on the way in, discover that you can't fix that because some other thing need to be fixed first, aliens pop on the way out, repeat 1000x each level.

If the game wasn't that boring I would play it right now and get over with it. But I need a good break first.

I'm also not touching the sequels... And well, I think that Dead Nation is way better, waaaay better: it's fast paced, the sheer amount of destruction is awesome, it is generous on checkpoints, so it's not frustrating.

• 1 month later...

This thread has put me off this game a bit, was going to get the trilogy on disc when it gets released later this year, but not sure now. Seems like the monotony is crippling. And if this is a lot better than Dead Nation then that worries me too because I didn't think that game was that good tbh.

• 9 months later...

Yeah, overall Dead Nation was better, but this game wasn't bad. Only thing that could have used some tweaking was the story a bit. It was kind of boring to have all the objectives pretty much the same. Hard to work up the desire to flip a switch when you know it's going to not work and make you go flip another switch a few rooms back.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...