Surefire Method to Get Massacre Gold, 10+ kills in one shot

Berrule

I was having some difficulty getting this trophy by the methods described in the guide but found a spot where you can get it without any luck or skill involved. Nearing the end of level three there is a large room with a central power core surrounded by four elevators at the corners with keypads at the bottom. When you activate the machine in the NE corner, ride back up, and walk out on the platform a few feet a huge volume of enemies will begin to appear around the room.

This is when you turn back dodging a few hardheads and ride the elevator back down. Wait at the bottom platform for a minute until all the aliens have congregate together at the top of the elevator, there are at least 12 of them all of them adult aliens in a tight group. I used a hardened armor, hit the elevator swith, then dropped a frag grenade at my feet right as the elevator touched the top and the group swarmed. BOOM! Alien soup and the dude was still standing.

• 1 month later...
I was having some difficulty getting this trophy by the methods described in the guide but found a spot where you can get it without any luck or skill involved. Nearing the end of level three there is a large room with a central power core surrounded by four elevators at the corners with keypads at the bottom. When you activate the machine in the NE corner, ride back up, and walk out on the platform a few feet a huge volume of enemies will begin to appear around the room.

This is when you turn back dodging a few hardheads and ride the elevator back down. Wait at the bottom platform for a minute until all the aliens have congregate together at the top of the elevator, there are at least 12 of them all of them adult aliens in a tight group. I used a hardened armor, hit the elevator swith, then dropped a frag grenade at my feet right as the elevator touched the top and the group swarmed. BOOM! Alien soup and the dude was still standing.

Sounds quite promising.The method mentioned in the roadmap I found easy enough, just running past the small aliens and then dropping several stun grenades before killing them with a frag. Perhaps this will help some people though :D

I just ran up to the aliens on stage 4. didnt run past them and dropped a stun grenade every couple of seconds. First one hit about 6-7 and get a couple more each time. Once I was happy I set on the frag grenade and managed to get all the trophies at once. Also then restarted the level so I would have the extra grenades to sell towards the Pure pawn trophy. But doing it this way avoids the chance of the Alien's killing themselves by hitting you.

I used the same area.

I ran into the room and kept dropping stun grenades. (I had 15 at the time) ran up and straight for the elevator. The enemies kept spawning and I kept stunning them. Once I got a bunch (think there was 15 or so) or enemies,I used a armor, took the elevator back up, popped another stun, positioned myself in the center and dropped a frag.

Worked like a charm. Going to try the damage trophy in the same spot.

The roadmap method sucks. Its complete BS. I try to shoot grenade but it takes out only 5 of them. Too low range.

I guess I got lucky with that as I did it right on my second try according to the roadmap. I don't think I froze 10 with one stun grenade though but that didn't seem to matter, killing 10 with one frag was easy enough when you had 10 frozen at the same spot.

I didn't get it during level 2, and I wasn't that fussed to be honest, but I read your method just as I was about to get to the end of level 3 and thought I'd give it a go.

Cheers man, it worked an absolute treat first time around. Definitely have to be pressing the L2 button as soon as you hit the top because I was swarmed pretty quickly and was fortunate that there was a break in their attacks long enough for the grenade to load up

Thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I did this on the start of Level 2 as the Trophy Guide said, I just went to the 2nd Door the doctor opens for you and waited near the door. About 15 or so little aliens came running and I hit them all with a stun then a frag and voila - I got both of the x10 trophies as well as the kill 20 in 30 seconds trophy.

For some reason stage 2 didn't work for me, but I only tried a handfull of trimes.

What worked for me was stage 4 at the very beginning. At that point in the game I had over 10 stun grenades & even more grenades. You start out on the elevator & are greeted by a few waves of those very small acid vomitting "worm" aliens that crawl on the floor. I would just drop a stun grenade every few steps as I walked past them. By the time I reached the turn in the hallway the first wave by the elevator would be returning to attack, so I dropped another stun grenade. Followed up with a grenade & *bing* up pops both the "Electrifying" & "Massacre" trophies.

To be honest I had to try about 3 times simply because I'd stun a wave in an area of the hallway that was partially narrowed due to boxes & crap along the sides. The stunned aliens would completely block me from getting past. When they revived they'd attack me...Never realized they actually commit suicide when they attack >.> So, I lost too many of them to total 10 at the same time.