Best level to do solo?

amplifiedAnt

I assume it's the first one after the Prologue, but I seem to get a bit over-run at the start... in a way that I assume would be difficult even with two people. Any tactics just to get me started? It doesn't seem quite so bad after that period and I would much rather struggle a little on my own than have to put up with disconnections, lack of online chat and a potentially selfish boosting partner.

Cheers in advance!

It's hard at first but keep playing and you'll memorize the level. I passed on my 7th try. Once you reach the second shopping terminal you'll get two hardened armors and a bunch of Large health kits. Don't forget to buy all the ammo you can and upgrade the damage of the assault rifle.

There are two huge waves in the level. Keep running back and use some stun grenades to make it easier. On the last room you don't have to kill all the enemies. When the counter reached zero I dropped two stuns and ran to the elevator.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got through the Medical Co-Op stage flying solo and it was certainly a good challenge and I will try to share the strategy. At first I was totally overwhelmed and was thinking it wasnt possible but once I got a good strategy going I got through barely scathed.

1. First off, go through the level as you might normally would and if you die keep on trucking. The point of this run is to memorize the locations of all the loot and when and where the aliens will spawn.

2. On your scouting run, don't run forward because you can cause multiple spawns. Move like 5 feet, wait a few seconds and if you don't hear anything breaking, alien sounds, or red dots on the radar then move another 5 feet. Tedious maybe but caution is crucial. Remember where you stepped which caused the really dangerous large spawns.

3. As soon as you hear an alien sound (this indicates a spawn before it appears on the radar) your best bet is probably to run backwards to some type of choke point and gun them down with the assault rifle. You can hold back large groups of aliens if they are in a close group by 'juggling them' with the assault rifle. Each shot will temporarily stun an alien so as long as you are moving backwards and shooting each member of the group you can take on a horde without getting hurt. When they are collected like this is also a good time to toss a frag while they are being juggled.

4. Never ever let yourself get surrounded, always run immediately to a spot where all the spawns will be coming from the same general direction. Preferably a doorway or corridor.

5. Don't spend anything until you get 6000 then get the Assault rifle upgrade then buy ammo. At vendor #2 purchase the hardened armor and use as soon as health gets in the red zone.

6. The first stretch before upgrading the rifle and getting the armor is the hardest. If you can make it to vendor #2 alive in Medical you can probably sail through to the end.

Good luck it can be done.:D

I just got through the Medical Co-Op stage flying solo and it was certainly a good challenge and I will try to share the strategy. At first I was totally overwhelmed and was thinking it wasnt possible but once I got a good strategy going I got through barely scathed.

1. First off, go through the level as you might normally would and if you die keep on trucking. The point of this run is to memorize the locations of all the loot and when and where the aliens will spawn.

2. On your scouting run, don't run forward because you can cause multiple spawns. Move like 5 feet, wait a few seconds and if you don't hear anything breaking, alien sounds, or red dots on the radar then move another 5 feet. Tedious maybe but caution is crucial. Remember where you stepped which caused the really dangerous large spawns.

3. As soon as you hear an alien sound (this indicates a spawn before it appears on the radar) your best bet is probably to run backwards to some type of choke point and gun them down with the assault rifle. You can hold back large groups of aliens if they are in a close group by 'juggling them' with the assault rifle. Each shot will temporarily stun an alien so as long as you are moving backwards and shooting each member of the group you can take on a horde without getting hurt. When they are collected like this is also a good time to toss a frag while they are being juggled.

4. Never ever let yourself get surrounded, always run immediately to a spot where all the spawns will be coming from the same general direction. Preferably a doorway or corridor.

5. Don't spend anything until you get 6000 then get the Assault rifle upgrade then buy ammo. At vendor #2 purchase the hardened armor and use as soon as health gets in the red zone.

6. The first stretch before upgrading the rifle and getting the armor is the hardest. If you can make it to vendor #2 alive in Medical you can probably sail through to the end.

Good luck it can be done.:D

• 11 months later...

I did it on Medical on my 3rd try. It'll take a couple time to get to know the level and which rooms are worth going into for hardened armor and which aren't. Then just take it slow, buy all the armor and ammo you can, and make sure you have 4-5 stun grenades left for the final room. There's a 30 second countdown with overwhelming aliens that I can't imagine fighting through. Just keep stunning then run through the door. It's a tough, and annoying, trophy but not too hard.