XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > A (PSN) > Alien Breed: Impact

Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Doing "Hard to Kill" and "Team Veteran" solo

Many people looking to do these trophies without boosting might find that they are very difficult. First, it is very hard (almost impossible) to actually find a game. Second, when you actually do find a game, there's a good chance you'll lag. My favorite weapon, the shot cannon, is not really usable with any amount of lag. Third, your teammates are often reckless and waste both ammo and life.

There is a trick to doing this solo, and credit goes to Zcoordination (through VorTeX Raptor). At first it did not work for me, but having figured that out I thought I would share what I learned.

1) Unplug all devices from the USB ports on your PS3. This includes your charge cable and any extraneous peripherals (including wireless receivers for things like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Buzz Quiz TV, and so on). This is very important.

2) Shut off your PS3. You can power it down if you like. This just ensures your PS3 is totally unaware of any controllers except the one you use to turn it on.

3) Turn it back on and go into the game. Select Local Play under Co-op Assault, and when it asks Player 2 to Press X use the PS button (either hold it and get the quick menu or tap it and go through the XMB) to change your existing controller to 2.

4) Press X, and then on the next screen change your controller back to 1. Select a map and start the game. You will start with one player.

What I discovered is that if you have *any* other controllers of any type that are still connected, you will start with two players a dialog telling you to reconnect the second controller. It does not work, for example, with a Buzz Quiz TV USB receiver plugged in even if your controllers are off and buried. It doesn't work if you have two controllers and you're charging your spare (like I always do with the one that isn't in use).
Flint7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

So you start a co-op mission with just one player?

Edit: It worked!

Last edited by chackijhan; 11-15-2010 at 07:28 PM.
chackijhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

This is very interesting. Would you say that it makes getting these trophies easier or harder though since it's just you?
pacman919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman919 View Post
This is very interesting. Would you say that it makes getting these trophies easier or harder though since it's just you?
I think it's easier since the negatives of being the only target are outweighed by the positives of not having to worry about somebody else dying. Also, you will have a ton of credits to spend on ammo and upgrades. Through the course of the first level, at least, I was able to get an upgrade for the Assault Rifle, every bit of rifle and shotgun ammunition available, every hardened armor available, and probably all of the large health kits as well.
Flint7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Member of the Month Winner   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

shit! you saying I can do the online trophies by my self by change the local co-op settings to glitch into one player solo while the game still reads it as "co-op"
Blaze Naruto Shippuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Thanks for this tip! It worked perfectly.

Proudest Platinum: Dead Space 2 - Proudest PSN 100%: Fat Princess
darklingpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Member of the Month Winner   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklingpersona View Post
Thanks for this tip! It worked perfectly.
Still hard to do it solo though
Blaze Naruto Shippuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

What happens when you die?!
Instant game over or the respawn timer like its actually players co-op?!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to nakertaa Send a message via MSN to nakertaa
Default :O

Oooh Thank you

This helpful help helped me :_D finally this platinumtrophy is possible for me :_DD

It was easier than some levels on rookie in my opinion btw.
nakertaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

i did both trophies on hydrophonics solo, was pretty easy

100% 73 games
Latest: Penny Arcade 2 Harry Potter
equiray is offline   Reply With Quote