Doing "Hard to Kill" and "Team Veteran" solo

Flint7

Many people looking to do these trophies without boosting might find that they are very difficult. First, it is very hard (almost impossible) to actually find a game. Second, when you actually do find a game, there's a good chance you'll lag. My favorite weapon, the shot cannon, is not really usable with any amount of lag. Third, your teammates are often reckless and waste both ammo and life.

There is a trick to doing this solo, and credit goes to Zcoordination (through VorTeX Raptor). At first it did not work for me, but having figured that out I thought I would share what I learned.

1) Unplug all devices from the USB ports on your PS3. This includes your charge cable and any extraneous peripherals (including wireless receivers for things like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Buzz Quiz TV, and so on). This is very important.

2) Shut off your PS3. You can power it down if you like. This just ensures your PS3 is totally unaware of any controllers except the one you use to turn it on.

3) Turn it back on and go into the game. Select Local Play under Co-op Assault, and when it asks Player 2 to Press X use the PS button (either hold it and get the quick menu or tap it and go through the XMB) to change your existing controller to 2.

4) Press X, and then on the next screen change your controller back to 1. Select a map and start the game. You will start with one player.

What I discovered is that if you have *any* other controllers of any type that are still connected, you will start with two players a dialog telling you to reconnect the second controller. It does not work, for example, with a Buzz Quiz TV USB receiver plugged in even if your controllers are off and buried. It doesn't work if you have two controllers and you're charging your spare (like I always do with the one that isn't in use).

This is very interesting. Would you say that it makes getting these trophies easier or harder though since it's just you?

I think it's easier since the negatives of being the only target are outweighed by the positives of not having to worry about somebody else dying. Also, you will have a ton of credits to spend on ammo and upgrades. Through the course of the first level, at least, I was able to get an upgrade for the Assault Rifle, every bit of rifle and shotgun ammunition available, every hardened armor available, and probably all of the large health kits as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think i did it on the first map. there is a map where u can just run without killin aliens, but u need to be fast. Thats actually how i found that trick + my multiplayer didnt work, means that i couldnt connect to any1.

good luck

It worked! I need to get Hard to Kill trophy, so can you tell me please what is the easiest co-op map to play? Thanks!! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...