How to approach Elite?

miltonwhatever

Today I beated the game on rookie and did all the "annoying" trophies on the process, and now it's time for the difficulty ones.

I just finished the 1st level on elite, and boy, that was nasty.

I did it pretty slowly and returning to a save point after every group of aliens... it took forever, but in the end I haven't used a single item and my machinegum was with ~2500 bullets + ~30 from the shotgun.

So... before I go further into the game, I have some questions:

- How many health packs should I use during a level? I doubt I could beat the other ones without using any...

- Is it necessary to buy every single ammo I can find? Or should I save a bit for health packs?

- Large health packs cost $1000, hard armor costs $2000, I believe. Is it better to forget about the health packs and buy only hard armors? (Personally I would try to buy only hard armors, but I don't know if that's the best option).

- Is it worth to upgrade a weapon? I mean, stroger weapon = fewer shots to kill an alien = less money spent on bullets.

Anyway, any help would be good =)

Well, just beated Elite, and aswering my own questions:

- buy a lot of ammo, it's possible to upgrade later in the game if you saved a lot of ammo and health packs (wich i did).

In the end i had 20 small health packs, 15 large health packs and 4 hard armors. Yep, I took things slow. Too slow if you ask me, I could have risked a lot more and save many hours...

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know slow works. I did that in Dead Nation and was going fine until the last level, then all hell breaks loose and you have to change strategy every half second! Will keep this in mind.