Alien Breed 3: Tips & Strategies

Crazy-TrainZ28

Tip 1: Someone on xboxachievements.org has posted a guide to the 5 secrets. It was really easy to find them especially when using the guide.

The guide is at Xbox360Achievements.org - Alien Breed 3: Descent - Hidden Treasure Achievement

Tip 2: If you are having trouble with surviving 8 minutes solo, there is a really easy way to do it. Choose the first survivor map and start. I got around 1200 ammo on the assault rifle before i went into a corner. The corner is to the left when you drop down to start the timer. The aliens can only come from one side, and it's easy just to spray them down. I got to 19 minutes before i was bored and just died. I did not use the hardened armor neither. Between each round (when you see that no more aliens are coming) you can get 400 ammo to your assault rifle quickly and run back to the spot. The first ammo is in the middle, the second is just straight down from the corner on a table.

Edited by gh0stface

Do we yet have any details on the trophy Can't Get Enough? For example:

1) What does it mean to complete the Survivor Maps? Does this refer to single player or multi-player?

2) Co-op Assault - do these have to be PSN, or can they be local? Or a mix? Or both?

3) Single-Player - does story mode count, or do you have to re-beat the levels in free-play?

Any input from somebody who knows would be helpful.

Do we yet have any details on the trophy Can't Get Enough? For example:

1) What does it mean to complete the Survivor Maps? Does this refer to single player or multi-player?

2) Co-op Assault - do these have to be PSN, or can they be local? Or a mix? Or both?

3) Single-Player - does story mode count, or do you have to re-beat the levels in free-play?

Any input from somebody who knows would be helpful.

I just got this trophy. I've played:

All the single player levels (Story mode, only Vengeance was played via free play).

Level 1-3 on coop where I played one of the levels over PSN. You will have to play 1-3, because i got the trophy when i finished the 3rd mission on co-op. (I did not play the prologue on coop)

I also played all the survivor levels on single player and 1 level on coop survivor

I don't know if you have to play all of these, but this is how i did it.

Edited by gh0stface

I just got this trophy. I've played:

All the single player levels (Story mode, only Vengeance was played via free play).

Level 1-3 on coop where I played one of the levels over PSN. You will have to play 1-3, because i got the trophy when i finished the 3rd mission on co-op. (I did not play the prologue on coop)

I also played all the survivor levels on single player and 1 level on coop survivor

I don't know if you have to play all of these, but this is how i did it.

OK, I've got all trophies aside from Can't Get Enough, so I've clearly played all single-player story levels. As well, I replayed the first four levels on Veteran (yes, I wanted to go into the 4th level locked and loaded). I've played the single-player prologue twice, as well as playing the two-player local prologue twice. I've played through and beat all three co-op assault maps on PSN, as well as beating two of them locally (yes, I did the whole board managing both controllers at the same time). Lastly, I've played through 2+ waves in each of the single-player survivor maps, 2+ waves in each of the 2-player local survivor maps, and 2+ waves in each of the PSN survivor maps.

To prove that I've done it all, I've checked to see that the PSN acknowledges receiving all of my data updates. My PSN ID appears on each and every one of the leaderboards (not very high on the boards, but the point is that my name is on ALL of them). Therefore, the game acknowledges that I've played all available modes.

AND STILL, I DON'T HAVE THE TROPHY?!

Can't Get Enough? I've had plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my tip: You might know already but the best way to kill Larvals is meleeing them. I always melee when I see them. That way they can't hurt you. When there's bigger enemies that I'm fighting and one small Larval is behind me, I always press Circle to get rid of it fast and continue firing. Again this might be what everyone's doing but just notifying that there's a better way than Blaster...

Edited by SandeProElite

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips on finishing vengeance on 17 minutes or less? Im playing the level in free play. I dont want to start all over again on medium difficulty. I played on elite on my first playtrough and I do have 3rd level saved at the end but I cant change the difficulty from elite.

• 1 month later...
Tip 1: Someone on xboxachievements.org has posted a guide to the 5 secrets. It was really easy to find them especially when using the guide.

The guide is at Xbox360Achievements.org - Alien Breed 3: Descent - Hidden Treasure Achievement

Tip 2: If you are having trouble with surviving 8 minutes solo, there is a really easy way to do it. Choose the first survivor map and start. I got around 1200 ammo on the assault rifle before i went into a corner. The corner is to the left when you drop down to start the timer. The aliens can only come from one side, and it's easy just to spray them down. I got to 19 minutes before i was bored and just died. I did not use the hardened armor neither. Between each round (when you see that no more aliens are coming) you can get 400 ammo to your assault rifle quickly and run back to the spot. The first ammo is in the middle, the second is just straight down from the corner on a table.

Awsome stratagy!! I got it on my 2nd try!!!

This method also works on AB2. Check out the thread "Alien breed 2:Tips & stratagies" on the AB2 forums for how i did "Survivor" if you are having any troubles.

[Edit] This isn't so much of a tip as it is a warning. If you are on the final boss fight & you kill the Alien Queen but you somehow die as well DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING!!!!! It will say that you have failed the mission BUT, if u just sit there & wait for the mission stats screen to show your trophy for beating the game WILL pop. I did this on my Elite run so i am not positive if it works on all difficulties.

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28
update

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great tip, thanks. Helped me get the trophy first time I tried this method!

• 1 year later...

oh my thank u thank u, i was really struggling on this, couldn't even get to 5 minutes without a little help.

Does anyone know if dying on 17 minutes Vengeance trophy resets clock to not count time between last check point and death, so your time starts again at time you arrived at checkpoint?

I'm really struggling with this one as well.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick breakdown of what I learned the hard way to do vengeance under 17 min on Freeplay:

Collected all ammo and credits.

Ran the entire time.

After entering the room where you have to collect explosives, there's a checkpoint you have to go to by the terminal. Enter that terminal and buy rifle damage upgrade and as much ammo as you can.

After jumping acorss the bridge, and sprinting through some more checkpoints, hit the button to unlock the console for 6 sec. Enter that terminal just to get hardoned armor, put armor on before using keypad to enter next room.

After that ^ room and key card, you have to get a 3rd key card. If youve been sprinting past aliens when you turn around after collecting the key card there'll be a huge clusterF of them behind you. Blast them with Project X.

My time: 15:24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Finally got this done after all these years thanks to your sound advice. :D