Rate the platinum difficulty.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.31

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

For people voting a 3, what are you doing to prepare yourself for the More Speed, Less Haste trophy? Honestly, I had to replay the first three levels in Veteran Story Mode to prep my character to be able to handle the speed run on Vengeance. Playing in free-play? How can one survive?

Going into Veteran Vengeance fully stocked, I still took 16:34, and I ran nearly every chance I had, gunning only to get aliens off my back (which was frequently. It's not really the heavy ammo that was necessary, but the assault rifle damage upgrade combined with the load of healthpacks/hardened armors.

For that trophy, combined with the difficulty of getting online partners for Can't Get Enough, I'd have to give the game a 4. Maybe even a low 5.

Got my speed run third try with a time of 14:40 second run I did was 17:15 which was annoying. Just stock up on hard armours and machine gun/ Flame thrower and you should be able to blast through most of it. Also at some places head to where the next waypoint is gonna appear before its on the map will save about 1 min extra on the whole level.

For people voting a 3, what are you doing to prepare yourself for the More Speed, Less Haste trophy? Honestly, I had to replay the first three levels in Veteran Story Mode to prep my character to be able to handle the speed run on Vengeance. Playing in free-play? How can one survive?

Going into Veteran Vengeance fully stocked, I still took 16:34, and I ran nearly every chance I had, gunning only to get aliens off my back (which was frequently. It's not really the heavy ammo that was necessary, but the assault rifle damage upgrade combined with the load of healthpacks/hardened armors.

For that trophy, combined with the difficulty of getting online partners for Can't Get Enough, I'd have to give the game a 4. Maybe even a low 5.

It took my 2 tries in free play for More Speed, Less Haste. First try I just got over the time limit, because I actually searched some bodies. On the next try I just ran,picked up ammo and bought armour and health in the index terminal. Then I finished the level under the time limit with ease.

Edited by gh0stface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted a 4. Finding a partner on psn can be tough. Also "Cant get enough" trophy glitched on me. I am fortunate my coop buddy replayed the 3rd coop level, then it popped.

The "More Speed, Less Haste" trophy is challenging, but doable.

Still Alien Breed 3 is easier than AB2. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alien Breed 3 Descent platinum difficulty- 5

Contrary to popular belief, this game is not easy. BUT, it's not hard at all. I thought/think a 3 is a bit low of a score.. a 4 is more spot on. I gave it a 5 because I thought getting More Speed Less Haste was a bitch. (Even though it only took me 2 tries on free-play.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got my More speed, Less haste trophy on Veteran Free play, after beating the game. I got it second try, my first time being 17:34, and I had stopped at 2 terminals, and wasnt familiar with the level anymore after a 2 day break.

2nd try, without stopping at any terminals, I got 15:40...my vote is a 3. maybe even a 2. Depending on if my Can't get enough trophy pops without issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I give this a 4. I had to play the veteran speed run a few times and barely made it in under 17 min. Probably would have been a lot easier if I did it on a veteran playthrough instead of freeplay as I would not have stopped at any shops and would have already had upgrades/ammo/medkits. Other than that I thought the elite run was the easiest of the trilogy. I think that this title is the best of the 3 but I was sort of sick of Alien Breed by the time I played it as I played 1 and 2 right before and the games are all so similar and I did 2 playthroughs on each of teh first 2 titles so that was 5 playthroughs and a lot of multiplayer to get all three plats.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted 4, the speed run took me about a dozen attempts, but once I made it to the end for the first time, at 17:07, I made it in 15:24 my very next try. The 8 min solo survivor would have taken me several attempts too if not for that super helpful corner trick on the first level. Got co-op stuff done within a couple hours of posting on the boosting thread.

• 4 months later...