Elite Difficulty

Crazy-TrainZ28

I just started my elite playthrough & all i have 2 say is WOW!!! I finished the first level in 38 min & died 3 or 4 times but how am i suppose 2 upgrade anything on a speed run when i have 2 keep buying health all the time?? I rarely ever see any health pick ups & by doing the speed run through i don't have time 2 search everything. If anyone has any helpful tips i'd really appreciate them. You can msg me on PSN ID: Crazy-TrainZ28

I just started my elite playthrough & all i have 2 say is WOW!!! I finished the first level in 38 min & died 3 or 4 times but how am i suppose 2 upgrade anything on a speed run when i have 2 keep buying health all the time?? I rarely ever see any health pick ups & by doing the speed run through i don't have time 2 search everything. If anyone has any helpful tips i'd really appreciate them. You can msg me on PSN ID: Crazy-TrainZ28

There are plenty of tips in my trophy guide dude, under the 'Speed Run(G)' trophy description.

You have to reload saves if you have a bad run like my guide says. Make sure to pick up credits when you see them and buy Hardened Armor pieces when they come by in an Intex Terminal.

If you have a bad run then remember where the aliens spawn and be ready for them when you re load a save.

Remember there are plenty of spots where you can run right past all the aliens.

Oh and my guide also says you won't be able to upgrade much. I was able to buy the Pulse Rifle Damage upgrade and the Medi Stimulant upgrade but that was it. The rest went on ammo, health pack and armor. I also sold the ammo for the weapons i didn't use, the flame thrower and rocket launcher, for extra credits.

Use the Sentry Gun pick ups in the locations where alot of aliens spawn near a Power Point. This will save you alot of ammo.

Edited by Oz-Metalhead

You shouldn't place a Sentry Turret wherever you see a powerpoint, only when you know there is a countdown where aliens usually swarm you.

Btw, is it just me or there is noone online? I always try quick match and I never find a game.

I didn't say wherever there is a Power Point, i said whenever there is one where a lot of enemies spawn ;) There isn't that many countdowns in the game to start with.

Yeh the Online is dead, i'm not surprised as there are many games out at the moment that are bigger than this. This game is only for the collectors/whores.

I didn't say wherever there is a Power Point, i said whenever there is one where a lot of enemies spawn ;) There isn't that many countdowns in the game to start with.

Yeh the Online is dead, i'm not surprised as there are many games out at the moment that are bigger than this. This game is only for the collectors/whores.

I think there are only 4 or 5 countdowns indeed, but there are quite few Sentries to pick up too. I searched every corner of every level and I found 3 I think?

Too bad the online is dead, I guess I have to boost even the ridiculous trophy that requires you to complete a co-op level. Oh well.

There are plenty of tips in my trophy guide dude, under the 'Speed Run(G)' trophy description.

You have to reload saves if you have a bad run like my guide says. Make sure to pick up credits when you see them and buy Hardened Armor pieces when they come by in an Intex Terminal.

If you have a bad run then remember where the aliens spawn and be ready for them when you re load a save.

Remember there are plenty of spots where you can run right past all the aliens.

Oh and my guide also says you won't be able to upgrade much. I was able to buy the Pulse Rifle Damage upgrade and the Medi Stimulant upgrade but that was it. The rest went on ammo, health pack and armor. I also sold the ammo for the weapons i didn't use, the flame thrower and rocket launcher, for extra credits.

Use the Sentry Gun pick ups in the locations where alot of aliens spawn near a Power Point. This will save you alot of ammo.

thanx 4 info. i printed ur trophy guide but didnt really look at the speed run trophy. i guess i'll just make a few extra saves 4 a backup plan just incase. these aliens r kickin my ass when they swarm me (which is every 30 seconds) lol

dude this is some of the stupidest shit i've ever seen!!!!!!! 60% of the bodies layin around dont have shit on them & then u have 2 deal with a wave of 10 aliens around every corner.. 2 tell u the truth i'd rather deal with W@W on veteran again then this BS. at least u had cover in that game. when AB3 comes out i might get it 4 some easy silvers but as far as im concerned the AB 1&2 plats can PISS OFF!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

• 4 weeks later...

It's really not that bad. I am finding the best thing is to a test run between save points, determine what is worth looting and where aliens spawn and what can be avoided. Then do it again wasting no time and getting hit as little as possible. If you were too slow or got hurt much reload and try again. Just completed stage 1 on elite in 44 min, looted everything but logs and empty bodies, upgraded assault rifle, bought hardened armor, used no items . It was pretty optimal but it did take about 2 hours total to get it down perfect.

Don't forget that you can finish a stage on deaths door and will be back up to 100% health at the start of next stage. Good usage of saving and reloading is your friend!

• 1 month later...

I just did this in under 3 hours with Assault Power upgrade, shottie speed reload and health upgrade. It isn't that hard. The trophy guide has some great tips and here are a few things I did to make it easier:

-Get the shottie speed loader first, its a cheap upgrade and makes an ok weapon into a monster (at point blank its a one shot kill for most things and with the speed loader you can take down a whole room).

-Ive yet to see this in any guides - The hardened armor not only gives you an extra bar, but also completely fills your health, so if you use it when in the red you get almost 2 health bars out of it, well worth the 2k when you consider a large health pack is 1k and doesn't even give you one bar.

-Get the medic upgrade 2nd to save money on kits, then get assault power if you can afford it. Most the other weapons dont see much benefit.

-The flame thrower is great crowd control. Look for opportunities to blast a group to sort of stun them, then book it outta there.

Isn't elite difficulty much harder in this game compared to the first one? I mean, I keep dying all the time. Also, if I die, does it count towards the total time so I always have to reload a save or can I just continue normally after it?

My times so far:

Lvl 1: 34:53

Lvl 2: 1:10:54

Lvl 3: 1:44:26

Lvl 4: 2:22:36

Lvl 5: Last check point save time is 2:51:13. Took about 10 minutes to beat the game from there so total time is about 3 hours.

The first two levels were hardest because you don't have any good weapons or credits to buy health and ammo with. After you get past that hard part, it'll become easier though. I grinded levels 1, 2 and 3 very fast so I had plenty of time to do levels 4 and 5 and search for anything useful like health. Also I didn't upgrade anything. Not even health packs, and did totally fine. Just make sure you won't get swarmed. Use stun grenades and make sure to know when a swarm is coming.

Edited by SandeProElite

• 1 year later...

Ok, a year and a half later i finally went back to this and beat the game in under 4 hours... Here's my problem now- "Speed Freak" popped but "The Best of The Best" never popped... WTF????

My only thought as to why this happened is because my PS3 had to be sent to Sony in march so i backed up my save and re-copied it to my system once i got it back... All i backed up was the manual save though, no auto save or profile... It was on level 4 at the beginning of the level... This makes no sense to me at all!!!

BTW sorry for bumping an old thread.

[EDIT] Well i guess ur level progression is stored in game profile save because my plat popped at the end of level 3... Just happy it didn't glitch on me!! :dance:

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

• 2 years later...