Rate the platinum difficulty.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy
    • 10 - Very hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.06

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• 2 weeks later...

Give it a 6, the elite difficulty trophies were not too bad but the online coop trophies were quite tough especially indestructable where you had to take your time a bit and the speed run trophy which took a few tries until we got lucky and flied through it in 6 minutes :D

• 1 month later...

Boo-yah!

This one was a bit of a bear - elite isn't hard, but elite in 4 hours? Gahhh!

As for the online trophies - it requires competant partners who are familiar with the board and who are willing to go slow. That aside, it's not very hard. I've helped three people successfully get through both Lazy and Indestructible, and it generally only takes 2-3 tries apiece.

Rapid Deployment? Just takes a bit of luck. My success rate here is about 20%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted an 8. The "Speed Freak" trophy is the toughest single player trophy,

but its the multiplayer trophies that made this plat tough to get for me. With all the lag, it was hardest to get the "Indestructible" trophy. Finding a decent coop partner too adds to the difficulty too.

Overall, Alien Breed 2 is the toughest to plat out of the series.

• 1 month later...

i give this a 5. the single player trophies are fairly easy except for speed freak. the online trophies aren't that hard once you know your way around the map. it just takes time and having a good partner is a huge plus. my advice is to do a couple of practice runs to get to know the map. this way you can skip any unnecessary areas and just take a direct route from start to finsh. you'll also have a better idea of what expect in each section.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This was a hard one to score 4 or 5. I went with 4 because the single player is a great game, controls are easy, ammo/health abounds and if you do a recruit run to collect secrets and get layout of maps, the elite run is easy. I did the elite in approx 3 hrs 30 mins and that was with some exploring to get hardened armour, sentry guns. The game is forgiving, not insane on elite difficulty. The "online" is easily doable via PSN or locally. With PSN you just need to communicate with your partner, make sure you learn the map as has been mentioned previously. I found cargo hold to be the best for "lazy" and "indestructible" there are enough hardened armour pickups and ammo, cash.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I give this a 6. Mainly due to the coop trophies. Me and my boosting partner had to play the Cargo hold level many times and finally got the trophies. They aren't too bad after you learn the level and communicate well with your partner and develop strategies but they were really annoying to get as one person basically does nothing while the other protects them. Elite difficulty was tough at times only because you couldn't search for all the pickups as you had to finish in 4 hours, otherwise it would have been significantly easier as you could take it slow and get more ammo, health kits and credits purchasing more ammo, health kits and upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I gave it a 6. Beating Elite mode in under 4 hours wasn't too bad; I had about 20 minutes or so left over. A couple of the online trophies were fairly tough though, and the poor matchmaking and connection issues made the MP a bit more painful than it should have been. I went back to AB2 recently to help a friend get his MP trophies done, and it was a bit easier than i remembered it being.

• 1 month later...