This game messed up my PS3?

So I finally got the will back to retry this game, I go to load it up and it says 'the game data is corrupted, you will need to restart and delete it' or something along those lines. So I do that, and then I go through the long process of redownloading it again. The moment it does that, it immediately says its corrupted again, before it even gets to the main menu? Then when it restarts again, it says the file system on the whole PS3 is corrupted and needs to be restored... I've heard of people complaining about this before but gotta be honest, never thought it would actually happen to me, now I'm too worried to even try playing the game again -_-

So just thought I'd warn people this game is screwy as hell.

That's a standard message you get thanks to a firmware update a few months back that added an extra recovery mode. That message will appear regardless of what game you play as it only appears when your game crashes hard and you have to force a reboot.

It's stuck on 8% now (restoring the system) so I'm guessing it's gonna waste all of my day, and if I then try to delete the game data and reinstall it again it's probably just gonna do this exact same thing, any idea why it corrupted immediately after I reinstalled it? :/ I played this game last year without problems and this is a new PS3. Kinda annoyed..

• 2 months later...
It sounds to me like either your copy is defective or your Hard Drive has real problems.

Yep I think you were right, it was my hard drive. On reflection I don't see how a game could mess up your HDD anyway, guess I was just panicking. Is kinda upsetting though since I lost all my protected saves including the one for this game, and I'm gonna struggle to play through collecting all those collectables again. WAYY too many collectables in this game, it overshadows the game itself having to keep looking every few steps for the next one :/

Can lock this thread now

Edited by Light-and-magic