If you purchase the game on PSN do you get AMA as well?

• 1 month later...

I don't think so. I have an account on British PSN, and there are 3 downloads there: Alice Madness Returns, Alice Madness returns: Dresses pack and American Mcgees Alice. So, I think downloading Madness returns you'll wont get AMA.

• 1 month later...
I don't think so. I have an account on British PSN, and there are 3 downloads there: Alice Madness Returns, Alice Madness returns: Dresses pack and American Mcgees Alice. So, I think downloading Madness returns you'll wont get AMA.

Yes you will mate.

I bought Madness Returns on PSN and when it took me to the download screen I had MR and AMA to download.

To play AMA you have to launch MR and it is an option to play at the bottom (under continue / options e.t.c).

• 2 months later...

This appears to no longer be the case. I purchased the game from PSN last night and AMA was not included. After launching Madness Returns, I only have options to redeem a code or pay to unlock AMA.

On the phone with Playstation support right now to see if I can get either a code or a refund.

Quite frustrated at the moment because I could have just as easily purchased a new disc copy of the game for basically the same price and would have been guaranteed to get AMA. :mad:

This appears to no longer be the case. I purchased the game from PSN last night and AMA was not included. After launching Madness Returns, I only have options to redeem a code or pay to unlock AMA.

On the phone with Playstation support right now to see if I can get either a code or a refund.

Quite frustrated at the moment because I could have just as easily purchased a new disc copy of the game for basically the same price and would have been guaranteed to get AMA. :mad:

I came here for this specific info. The new price on PS+ has me ready to pull the trigger. Please let us know what happens with your inquiry as the blog page states $31.97 in value which doesn't add up without AMA included.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/20/new-ps3-ultimate-editions-9-full-games-add-ons-bundled-at-insane-prices/

No dice for me. Spent close to an hour and a half today getting the runaround and was ultimately told that there was nothing they could do other than to put in a refund request. The basis for their argument was that the description of the ultimate bundle did not explicitly state that AMA was included. I pointed out that the description for AMA states that it is free with the "online pass" for madness, to no avail.

Thanks for pointing me to the playstation blog. That may be just the ammunition I need to get some traction. I'll try again on Friday after the holiday.

I've been on the phone with them again this morning (its only 16 bucks, but it's really bugging the crap out of me). I think I finally got somewhere this time after directing them to the claims made on the Playstation blog. I was told that it would be researched, and if the blog really did state that it should be included, then it will be activated on my account within the next few days (likely after the holiday weekend).

I will post back as soon as anything happens so others can jump on the offer if it gets straightened out. Thanks again @ZedlaveR for the link to the blog!

Alice: Madness Returns is all kinds of messed up on PSN right now. I downloaded the full game trial to try it out. I liked it, so I bought it from the PSN store. Except the activation didn't work -- it still says it's expired. So I go back onto the store to try to re-download it, and it's not in my purchases list. It's not marked as purchased. The DLC that comes with it is, and I have a receipt in my inbox saying that I bought the full game for $19.99, but I can't download it.

So yeah, WTF?

You don't get the dlc with the trophies. I just checked it and you only get the weapon and dresses dlc add-ons. You don't get the DLC with the trophies. Not really a good deal. So far it's still best to rent it and then buy the DLC pack for 9.99. So I'll pass on this deal.

Sorry to hear you've all been having problems with your copies of AMA!

Had a mosey through some of the links posted and one guy had a reply from Sony that is relevant to those of you that have already purchased and are looking for AMA. Seems that you need to search for it and stick it in your basket and go through to buying process and then it should go through as 'free' - had a similar issues with some of my DLC fro MW3 earlier this year:

"The American McGee's Alice content would be available for free with the Ultimate Edition. After purchasing the Ultimate Edition, you would need to download the American McGee's content separately in the PlayStation®Store. It would recognize that your account has purchased the Ultimate Edition and allow you to download it at no additional cost."

Griever, that's what SHOULD happen but Sony customer support doesn't seem to understand that the problem is that hasn't happened for us. The file is still requiring us to pay another $9.99 to access it.

I think that since the Ultimate Bundle description didn't explicitly state that AMA comes with ANY purchase of Madness Returns, bundle or not, that whoever set this up in the store mistakenly disabled the AMA unlock that we should have normally got. That's the problem here, and we are having a hard time convincing support of that due to the Bundle description only mentioning the weapons pack.

Griever, that's what SHOULD happen but Sony customer support doesn't seem to understand that the problem is that hasn't happened for us. The file is still requiring us to pay another $9.99 to access it.

I think that since the Ultimate Bundle description didn't explicitly state that AMA comes with ANY purchase of Madness Returns, bundle or not, that whoever set this up in the store mistakenly disabled the AMA unlock that we should have normally got. That's the problem here, and we are having a hard time convincing support of that due to the Bundle description only mentioning the weapons pack.

Apologies, I figured it wouldn't just be a simple enough fix. Keep pushing your case guys and plugging at support, the more that do, the more they will have to take notice.

I was able to purchase this morning and can confirm that AMA is now included with the Madness Returns bundle.

According to the Playstation support thread, (Wakingthedead17's link) they are still working on a fix for those who have already purchased. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...