Anyone else having a tough time with Neighslayer??

Vo1cl

I know for a fact I've taken out more than 4 enemies with a single hit but still the trophy won't pop. I've hit/killed 4-5 boltflies at once (u can count them on the ground), as well as the slimes in chapter 3. I'm doing it on the third swing of triangle, and i even tried off the first swing a couple times. I've also tried targeting enemies and not targeting them. Anyone else running into the issue?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slimes and botflies dont count...i got it in chapter 3. as soon as u get the weapon, after the inital sharks the very next area has sharks and another enemy, by the cliff there is like a glitch spot. they cant attack/move past a certain line and u can just wait for them to line up then let them have it.

I'm right there with you. Played through the whole game on Nightmare, lacked 3 trophies for my platinum, and have got the enormous shaft of this glitched trophy. I have no clue where to go from here. If anyone finds a work-around, PLEASE post it up... until then I wait for a patch. Damn devs seemingly NEVER check their trophies before release... :mad:

It seems the third hit of the combo is the one that counts (at least that's what i understood when reading the guide in this forum).

A good place to get it is in the third chapter: After the second scroll (2D platforming sequence), you must fin cubes to complete a puzzle. Doing so, you enter a room filled with worm-like ruins: just put them together, when 4 or more are close enough, throw a bunny-bomb, take your distance and launch your combo. It worked for me, hope it'll help.

And if you miss, just restart from the last check point.

It seems the third hit of the combo is the one that counts (at least that's what i understood when reading the guide in this forum).

A good place to get it is in the third chapter: After the second scroll (2D platforming sequence), you must fin cubes to complete a puzzle. Doing so, you enter a room filled with worm-like ruins: just put them together, when 4 or more are close enough, throw a bunny-bomb, take your distance and launch your combo. It worked for me, hope it'll help.

And if you miss, just restart from the last check point.

I gotta be honest, I had very little hope this would work, seeing as I spent HOURS on it yesterday... but I have never been SO HAPPY to be wrong!!! Thanks man, this is a GREAT location for this trophy. Took me a couple times through all the slugs to get it, but I finally have my plat. THANKS AGAIN! :D

I didn't have any luck with the slithering ruins, but I ended up getting no issues whatsoever against the boltiflies (sp?).

This trophy seems like a hit or miss. :think:

I think this is true. I got mine with the Slithering Ruins, along with other people that have gotten it that way. You on the other hand didn't but got it with the Bolterflies, others claim those two enemies don't work, but people still seem to be getting it. A real big hit and miss for sure. Or a possible glitch?

I think this is true. I got mine with the Slithering Ruins, along with other people that have gotten it that way. You on the other hand didn't but got it with the Bolterflies, others claim those two enemies don't work, but people still seem to be getting it. A real big hit and miss for sure. Or a possible glitch?

I would agree on glitch. I'm certain I did hit 4 enemies at the same time multiple times. I think I got it with card guards. But I did hit 4-5 enemies plenty of times, since I was always trying to get this trophy.

Might as well add 3 possible locations for earning this in your guide then :). One for the slithering ruins, one for the bolterflies, and another location where a lot of those regular ruins spawn.

I spent about 30 minutes trying to do this on the slimes on the 2nd chapter drowned sailor with no success.

Spent even more time on chapter 3's underground room with inifinte slimes spawn and no success still.

I also tried doing it sporadically throughout my first playthrough on random enemies and also no deal.

So what I did do was delete my GAME DATA (not save data), reinstall everything and then try again.

However this time around I did it in a different spot:

On chapter 3, after the first side scrolling scection I think there will be a section where you will cross some platforms with some Wasps archers shooting at you.

At one point you will come to one platform where you will be ambushed by 4 regular wasps warriors, 2 wasps archers and 1 ink wasp stone.

I took out the archers and the stone leaving me with the 4 warriors.

Threw a bomb and did the combo on them and it FINALLY unlocked :o

i was hoping last night the game data would solve the issue. no such luck.

also, when everyone has thrown the bomb to get them grouped up, do any of you hit it? I've lured enemies with the bomb but i'm always afraid the bomb is going to detonate if i hit it on my third swing and the explosion will be the thing hitting the four enemies.

I've hit the slithering ones, the madcaps and so forth. This trophy just won't appear. What makes it worse is the area-of-effect for the horse isn't as big as the developers seem to think. Really a stupid trophy.

*Edit: Did what Vo1cl did with the game data delete and I got it off of the Radula Room (#2) at Barrelbottom. Fully upgraded horse (so upgrades don't matter) and weirdly enough... I think I got it off of my second swing because they kept interrupting me while I was spamming :triangle:. :think:

Edited by BFenris

I spent about 30 minutes trying to do this on the slimes on the 2nd chapter drowned sailor with no success.

S

From what I just assumed, it has to be the final hit of the string attacks with the Hobby Horse. Or, whatever point you hear the Neighing sound come from it. It only needs to 'Hit' 4 enemies at once, not defeat them.

Not even 10 minutes ago did I accomplish this doing it on slimes during this specific point you attempted. Circled around for a bit enough for the slimes to gather in 4-5. Did two swings(Both which whiffed), then brought down the third for the slamming neighing sound ontop the slimes.

Trophy Unlocked. =x

Edit: By the way, Hi! Figured I'd stop lurking finally! =3

I had problems with it too. Like others said it doesn't seem to work with the slithering ruins (slugs/slimes) alone. I'd kill 5 of them in one shot, trying on the first slam at times and others with the third of the combo and nothing. But it seemed to work with a bunch of slithering ruins as well as one other enemy, so do that if you can. I believe I was in the Dollhouse at some part I think, and there were infinite spawn of slithering ruins, and one of the three faced large ruins. I stood on a staircase above where they couldn't reach me and I could dodge the large ruins fire balls and stuff, when the slimes were all together I went down, got the large ruin to go near them and just took my shot at it attacking the large ruin with the 3 hit combo also hitting the slimes and it worked.

I was able to get the trophy on Chapter 2 during the downed sailor + slithering ruin fight. As an FYI, I threw the bomb to get all 5 slithering ruins together. I then did a :triangle::triangle::triangle: combination. I stood back a little when I started the combination to ensure the first 2 strikes don't land. The 3rd strike killed 4/5 slithering ruins and the trophy popped.

Edited by Faria1st

Just... Wow. I went to the same spot Dropeti mentioned (chapter 3 after the first scroll). First try I got it. I'll be honest I'm not even entirely convinced I hit 4 people but I'll take it. I used a bomb and it detonated when I did my third swing (presumably I hit it). If anyone is having a hard time try it there.

Just... Wow. I went to the same spot Dropeti mentioned (chapter 3 after the first scroll). First try I got it. I'll be honest I'm not even entirely convinced I hit 4 people but I'll take it. I used a bomb and it detonated when I did my third swing (presumably I hit it). If anyone is having a hard time try it there.

The bomb can be counted as a hit, if you try to shoot it, you can blow it up.

Here's what I did

Load up whatever level is after the 2nd scroll in CH3

Go to the block puzzle, drop down the hole

Group up the slugs( I strongly advise not using bombs)

DON'T DO A COMBO

Try and hit 4 at once with the first swing

I think killing the slugs cancels out the trophy, so i tried hitting 4 with 1 press of Triangle and it popped first try

OMG I have been trying for this annoying trophy since i got the hobby horse and now it's the only trophy i need for (P) I'm gonna try the location u guys have been mentioning and hopefully i can get it to work.

I finally got it there after about 2 hours, I tried changing dresses and I got it on the first hit with the dress that says let wonderland decide how Alice is dressed. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but I got it on the first swing in the area.

Edited by tigerbait_

I've been trying the place in Chapter 3 with the respawning slugs for a while now, and I've definitely hit 4 at the same time (I've also tried just hitting them with the first hit of the combo, and the trophy didn't pop up with that either)

The problem with the trophy is it's very vague. It doesn't state if it's okay to hit them with the previous two hits, or does it have to be with the final hit, does it cancel the trophy if they die, etc.

Edited by BBoy2020