Nightmare trophy in 20 minutes

Ok, first off, beat the game on easy or normal, or hard.

start new game+

after first save, exit

start chapter 1, final area, Finish it

autosave in town, exit

start chapter 2, final area, finish it.

autosave in town, exit.

rinse, repeat for rest of chapters.

jump past the final boss to the end, trophies pop on credits.

Bang, done. I just did it, anyone seconding to prove it works would be appreciated.

As for testing I did this first, I had started on nightmare, and played through to the start of chapter 3, I then skipped to the final boss. beat him, no trophies at credits.

Restarted a NG+ on nightmare, autsaved in town, exited, went to final area of chapter 1, beat it. After doing it on every chapter and beating final boss, trophies popped in the credits.

No DLC installed or DLC items.

Edited by Multitasking

if this really works you might want to send a message to the guide writers so they can test it and if it works they might add it to the guide. because wow, getting that difficulty trophy in 20 mins is something worth testing. Even I'll buy the game if it works.

I know this works. Well sort of. I did that way with the Hysteria trophy and that popped at the end of the sixth chapter and knew this would work the same way. I had no way to prove it, since I beat the game already on nightmare when I first started.

Just to be safe, I will get the game back and try it again on my Alt profile. I will still post it in the guide, after talking to Kheapathic.

If this actually works, then count me out. This takes the fun and challenge out of the game.

I know you hear this all the time, but this is a trophy site and half the time people don't play the game for the fun factor, but the platinum. I do understand and I still played the game 2 full times just to get the full affect of playing the game.

Also this drops the time to platinum by like 15 to 20 hours from the normal 20-45, by doing 2 platythoughs. That is if the person uses a guide while going for doing his first playthrough.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

registered just to tell you that this works!

I started new game+ , let it save, then skipped to the last level and received

"The Beginning of the End", then continued doing the same to every chapter, but instead of fighting the boss on nightmare i simply went to chapter 6 level select and chose "the end" which takes you to Alice walking out of the underground and seeing wonderland inside of London. "The Imaginative Endure"

"The Persistent Flourish" and "Madness Prevails" all popped during the credits.

so again you don't have to actually fight the final boss which cuts down on time!

i wonder how long this will go unpatched.

• Thanks 1

I am trying this out right now. I'm on chapter 5, will re post if it works. It did unlock the chapter 1 on nightmare difficulty trophy, so there is no doubt in my mind that it does work.

This could easily drop down the playtime to platinum this game 15 hours. If you carefully get everything in the first playthrough. Good find.

Edit: It does in fact work, I can confirm.

Edited by PixelatedPat

registered just to tell you that this works!

I started new game+ , let it save, then skipped to the last level and received

"The Beginning of the End", then continued doing the same to every chapter, but instead of fighting the boss on nightmare i simply went to chapter 6 level select and chose "the end" which takes you to Alice walking out of the underground and seeing wonderland inside of London. "The Imaginative Endure"

"The Persistent Flourish" and "Madness Prevails" all popped during the credits.

so again you don't have to actually fight the final boss which cuts down on time!

i wonder how long this will go unpatched.

Even if this was patched, we can just opt to not install it. Seriously though, what a huge oversight from the developers.

I know you hear this all the time, but this is a trophy site and half the time people don't play the game for the fun factor, but the platinum. I do understand and I still played the game 2 full times just to get the full affect of playing the game.

Also this drops the time to platinum by like 15 to 20 hours from the normal 20-45, by doing 2 platythoughs. That is if the person uses a guide while going for doing his first playthrough.

D'aww, I wish you didn't say that.

Well some people like to play games for fun. Don't let me stop people from doing what they want. I'm just saying I don't want to try this out.

Count you out of what exactly? Even if it works, you can still do it the "legit" way. I'm still doing a nightmare playthrough right now.

Count me out of trying this out. I don't want people to take it the wrong way of me saying they shouldn't do this.

D'aww, I wish you didn't say that.

Well some people like to play games for fun. Don't let me stop people from doing what they want. I'm just saying I don't want to try this out.

Count me out of trying this out. I don't want people to take it the wrong way of me saying they shouldn't do this.

What he said was true. Besides, nobody is forcing you to use this. This is mostly going to be used by people who wants a quicker platinum. Myself I used it, because I played through twice already. I have too many games I need to finish and so little time.

If you wish to not use it, be my guest. This is a great game, and does deserve being played through multiple times. I will probably play this game again some day.

What do you mean "Final Area, Finish It"? I haven't actually started playing the game yet (just got it through the mail a couple of hours ago), but does that mean you can select exactly when in a level you can start on?

Each chapter is split into sections, and via chapter select, you can select which sections to play in. So yes, you can.

If I were you though, I'll play the game on Nightmare, since anything below that, the game was way too easy.

Each chapter is split into sections, and via chapter select, you can select which sections to play in. So yes, you can.

If I were you though, I'll play the game on Nightmare, since anything below that, the game was way too easy.

That I'll agree with. I did my first playthrough on normal, and while for some sections it got fairly frustrating, overall the combat was easy as fuck. There were times where I wanted to just bump it up to hard/nightmare.