American McGee's Alice (DLC) - Trophy Guide and Road Map (With Boss Strategies)

14374029659_73e50453b5_o.png

Many thanks to Ryukori for the banner

OVERVIEW

Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 3/10 (in my opinion) all the trophies you get simply for playing the game, however the game itself is very touchy with the controls, you will fall off platforms and get frustrated quite a lot.

Estimated Time to 100%: 10-20hrs

Offline trophies: 6 (4 (B), 1 (S), 1 (G))

Minimum Number of playthroughs required: 1

Do Cheats Affect trophies?: N/A

Do trophy Difficulties Stack?: N/A

Number of Missable Trophies: None

INTRODUCTION

American McGee's Alice is a timeless classic that first came out in the year 2000. It quickly gained a cult following and has since been a fan favorite. The gameplay relies heavily on platforming and aiming-based combat. Alice gets what is essentially a health bar and mana bar, the later being used for special attacks from weapons. You get a vast arsenal of weapons to exact your punishment on enemies and each one provides a different style of combat and special attacks.

In this guide I have provided detailed Trophy Information as well as detailed boss battle strategies underneath each trophy for any boss that corresponds to that section of the game.

Walkthrough

There are not really any steps, the game is very linear (although sometimes confusing) and there are no difficulty trophies, so choose what you want. I will say this however, be careful what difficulty you choose because once you choose it you cannot change it without restarting the game.

HINT: SAVE OFTEN!!! if you die in this game you have to start over from your last save. The game has an autosave feature but it only auto-saves at the beginning of each level.

HINT 2: YOU CAN SAVE DURING BOSS BATTLES use this to your advantage

TROPHIES

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/671/46.jpg(B)Madness Begins

In American McGee's Alice, Complete Village of the Doomed

This is the first and shortest area of the game. It's where you get your first weapon (the Vorpal Blade) and learn the game's mechanics. It's a very short area and you will most likely fly through it so long as the card guards don't give you too much trouble.

SECRET TROPHIES

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/671/47.jpg(H)(B) Skool-Leaver

In American McGee’s Alice, Complete Fortress of Doors

You will get this trophy after completing the second area. In the second area you will run into banshees for the first time, they are trouble in groups and can knock you off platforms. The trophy will pop at the beginning of the next area during the cutscene that shows an ant pushing a boulder down a cliff.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/671/48.jpg(H)(B)Out of the Woods

In American McGee’s Alice, Complete Wonderland Woods

You will get this after completing the third area, it will pop when you reach the crossroads area with the fire imps. The crossroads is a sort of sort of volcanic area that contains signs that point to different areas [spoiler=signs] The Jabberwock's Lair, The Cave of the Oracle, The Pale Realm, and The Majestic Maze

NOTE: people have reported this trophy popping at different times. It seems to be random so do not get mad if it doesn't pop, just be patient and keep playing and it will pop eventually.

Bosses You Will face Before Getting This Trophy:

[spoiler=1]The Duchess

Om nom nom nom. Alice soup sounds tasty, doesn't it? Well this ogre-like woman-thing seems to think so. This is a fairly simple battle, your best bet is to run around the arena and avoid her attacks while throwing your new toy at her (the jack bomb). If you time it right she should run into the jackbomb's vicinity right as it explodes. If you run out of meta-essence there's plenty of it around the arenas exterior.

The alternative is to throw knives, but this is more dangerous and less accurate.

THE CHEAP AND EASY WAY: Just jump onto the fireplace and throw knives at her. She cannot reach you up there.

The Centipede

This battle gave me trouble at first. You just got the ice wand, right? Of course you did. That's the key to beating him. Walk backwards with the boss in front of you, when he rears up to attack whip out your ice wand and give his under area a good old frost bite. When he sends out his little spider minions to attack freeze them quickly, otherwise they will latch onto you and drain your health very fast.

Edited by Terminator
Updating the Estimated time to completion.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49.jpg (H)(B)Dead Hatter

In American McGee’s Alice, Complete Behind the Looking Glass

This is actually the 5th area you complete, The 4th area has no trophy. You will get the trophy after 

Spoiler

the boss battle with The Mad Hatter

Bosses You Will Face Before Getting This Trophy:

Spoiler

The Red King

This is by far the easiest boss in the game. All you have to do is run around, avoid his attacks, and use your ice wand to freeze him into checkmate. His laser attack is very hard to avoid but do not worry, there is plenty of meta-essence around.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

This battle is annoying. These two are like those Russian dolls, where you open it up and then a smaller one pops out. That being said, that's exactly what happens in this battle. You kill a big one, and then a smaller one pops out. This happens 3 to 4 times for each Tweedle. Some of them fly, some throw bombs; it's freaking chaos. The hardest part of this battle is being able to tell what's going on most of the time. What I did was just ran a huge circle around the arena and threw the jacks into the middle. They always hit something. After about 20 minutes of this I eventually beat them. Just stay moving, they throw stuff at you.

The Mad Hatter

The Hatter is big and slow but powerful. His attacks do quite a bit of damage, so avoid them at all costs. Throw your jacks at him, and then run and grab some meta-essence. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. After awhile he will summon some robots to attack you. The jacks and ice wand both work well against them. After taking them out the Hatter will reappear, use the same strategy as before and eventually the hatter's head will fall off. Lovely.

50.jpg (H)(S)Royal Approach

In American McGee’s Alice, Complete Queen of Heartsland

This is the 7th area you visit, (again the 6th area is trophy-less) and it consists of many frustrating mazes, the enemies here get significantly harder and there is some underwater stuff to be done. Oh joy. You will get this trophy after completing it.

Bosses You Will face Before Getting This Trophy:

Spoiler

The Jabberwock, Part 1

No more easy boss battles! Yay! :D

This battle is actually more of a farce, as you don't have to win it, you just have to survive. Just throw jacks at the big guy until he summons a little minion, then take that minion out however you prefer, he will then summon a second minion, take that one out too, and then the Griffin will appear and rip the ugly mother's eye out, giving you the final piece to the eye staff. Congrats.

The Jabberwock, Part 2

Take some Tylenol before this battle, you're gonna need it. Even on easy this battle is extremely frustrating and the bosses' fire attacks can take down a considerable amount of health. I hope you picked up the Blunderbuss, I was unlucky and somehow missed it. It will help you considerably. But if you're like me and have ADD, then you may have to do like I did and settle for the jacks. It took forever but it worked. Just run like hell and try your hardest to avoid the fire as best as you can. There’s no fool-proof way of doing this besides try and try again. The eye staff works well too, but only if you have good timing. It takes a while to charge up and within that time you could become Alice-kabob.

51.jpg (H)(G) Full Recovery

Complete American McGee’s Alice

You will get this after beating them game [spoiler=demon]after the final boss battle with the Demon

Bosses You Will Face Before Getting This Trophy:

Spoiler

The Queen of Hearts

There are only 2 spots where meta-essence appears in this area, use them sparingly. Only the blunderbuss or the eye staff will work this time, the other weapons are useless and cannot reach. She moves around a lot but it's on one specific track, and it's just back and forth, so hitting her shouldn't be too hard. The real issue is avoiding being hit while attacking, especially if you use the eye staff. It's sometimes hard to tell if you hit her or not, if she lets out a sort of scream that means you were successful. When you're not attacking you'll wanna be moving, the Queen can pick you up and throw you against walls, or make spikes come out of the ground and hurt you, both of which do some decent damage. Her weak attack is her laser, which you can probably stand to get hit by while attacking, so long as you pick up a meta-essence afterwards. After doing so much damage to her she stops moving around as much and becomes somewhat stationary, she will still attack though, and more aggressively, but she will be easier to hit. Just stick with it and you should prevail.

The Demon

Finally, the moment you have been waiting for. This big baddie is a heavy hitter, any of his/her/its attacks will do considerable damage even on easy, and one of them will make you hallucinate temporarily. The key here is keep moving in a big circle around the platforms, and avoid falling off because falling will kill you and you will have to restart from your last save. Matter of fact, just to be safe, save right when this battle begins, then save again halfway through. What you wanna do is use the eye staff or blunderbuss to hit the demon before it attacks, then run like a madman to the next platform. You will run out of meta quickly but luckily there's a meta-essence in the arena that restores full health and mana, and it reappears in a different spot quite frequently. When you attack the demon it doesn't react so it may seem like you did no damage, but trust me, you did. As long as you hit him anywhere on his body it counts. After so many hits one of its arm-like-appendages will fall off, that's the tell-tale sign that you're making progress.

So the basic idea for this battle is...

1. Hit the boss with the eye staff or blunder buss

2. Run like a Call of Duty fanboy to the nearest GameStop on release date.

3. Wait for the demon to pop up, hit it again, and then repeat step 2.

Try to make sure the path you take will lead you to the nearest meta-essence, as you will need to pick them up a lot.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

You beat the first game and unlocked the final DLC trophy! Give yourself a pat on the back!

Now you can continue Alice's adventures in the 10-year sequel Alice: Madness Returns!

Catch ya at the asylum :cool:

Edited by Viper
Removed signature.

This is a pretty good start. I just hope you do more with the spoiler tags. They are secret trophies for a reason add the info in and make viewing the spoiler tag more enjoyable. Give detail to the trophy.

The boss strategies is great, just use them same energy to add more to the guide itself.

This is a pretty good start. I just hope you do more with the spoiler tags. They are secret trophies for a reason add the info in and make viewing the spoiler tag more enjoyable. Give detail to the trophy.

The boss strategies is great, just use them same energy to add more to the guide itself.

Noted. thanks.

EDIT: I added some more to the trophies, I hope it's better, there's only so much you can say beyond "you get this for beating such and such level" lol.

Edited by oversoul53

am I the only person who took way over 10 hours to beat this game? >_<

It took me around it took me around 8-9 hours with an eating break thrown in. Towards the end I got tired of the game telling me where IT wanted to move rather then where I wanted to move. I also played this on PC but I never beat it so it was great being able to say i finished it...Finally.

am I the only person who took way over 10 hours to beat this game? >_<

I forgot how long it took me since I couldn't do it in one sitting. Too much shit going on in that game (getting stuck, lag during fights, platforming hell), forced me to take a break and continue playing the next day.

And Oversoul, I have to say you had the guts to make this guide since 100% is stupid basic. But hey, every game needs a guide, so there's no need for me to be a jerk.

Do the old PC cheats work? if they do..... do they affect the trophies? Just curiosity, I am about to start playing this again for the first time in YEARS lol

Don't cheat. Just stick to using save. I didn't even know the game had cheats on the PC and I never bothered looking for them.

Looking at the cheat list, I don't think it'll work on the consoles.

For strategies:

The second mode of operation for these weapons proves devastatingy useful in most boss battles.

[spoiler=1]The Duchess: Use high ground to place the secondary mode of Jackbombs then lure the Duchess to run through them. This tactic makes judgment swift and painless on your end. Just make sure to not catch yourself on fire.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum: Use the ledges around the south side of the arena and lob off secondary Jackbombs in the crowded area. While it burns, alternate to the Ice Wand and dispatch the flyers as they come at you. Ensure that the main portion of the arena stays an inferno and this battle is more than done.

Jabberwock (part two): Difficult boss battle until you get a few things straight. When he starts to fly, utilize the Ice Wand's secondary mechanic of the ice walls and try to place them strategically around you. Once he runs into them he'll cease his fire attack and turn in direction. This strategy is excellent for two things: obtaining Meta-Essence and lining up a good shot with the Jabberwock's Eye Staff (primary mode only; secondary mode is too unwieldly). This is one of the few boss battles to also abuse the save system in. After every successful damaging attack on him or every Meta-Essence gained, save.

There you have it. I've played this game for a long time now, and have been waiting on this most justifying sequel for even longer. All I can say: These games are wonderful and the Madness Returns has trumped all expectations of what a Wonderland game can be. Thank you Spicy Horse!

Edited by Echelon XII
Spoiler tags included.

Is this game on disc? So if I rented Madness Returns I could play it? If not is there any info about it coming to the playstation store?

It labeled as DLC, so you will need the disc to play it. It cost 9.99 to play it. You can gget it from the Psn store.

If you rent you will need to buy the pass to play it.

Good guide mate, when i'm done with Motorstorm i go on Alice. and this is a usefull guide for the dlc game.

So the basic idea for this battle is...

1. Hit the boss with the eye staff or blunder buss

2. run like a Call of Duty fanboy to the nearest GameStop on release date. hell yeah this is a good one :D

3. Wait for the demon to pop up, hit it again, and then repeat step 2.