XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Xerios

Send a message via AIM to Xerios Send a message via MSN to Xerios Send a message via Yahoo to Xerios

Awards Showcase Silver Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default The save / checkpoint system sucks

Ill start off the whining thread lol.... this should have been like the original alice (1 auto save created by the game) and manual saves created by the player...

some of these are downright mean

while [SPOILER]retrieving the hatters arms[/SPOILER] i start off outside, turn the valve to hop some vents, fight some enemies, go inside, go through a series of platforming jumps, freeze some hot liquid, more jumps, more bad guys, collected 2 bottles along the way, jump down to the next level die.... game starts me off back outside... i knew nightmare would be a challenge but this is frustrating...

oh well back to work

EDIT.. fail i didnt know there wasnt spoiler tags -__-

Last edited by Xerios; 06-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Xerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Valo23MO

Haha damn, that sucks.

Most Recent Platinums
X-Men: Destiny
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Valo23MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
BFenris
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Fail on your spoiler can be remedied quickly, it's done different on these forums compared to others. It should be, using ( ) in the place of [ ] for example to be seen.

(spoiler=tag)Text goes here(/spoiler)

Just replace the above ( ) with [ ] and...

Last edited by BFenris; 06-15-2011 at 06:19 PM.
BFenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Cornagandarub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I don't find the checkpoints to be that bad. Then again, I'm on normal and have died twice but it's manageable.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
oversoul53

Send a message via AIM to oversoul53 Send a message via MSN to oversoul53 Send a message via Yahoo to oversoul53 Send a message via Skype™ to oversoul53

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
I don't find the checkpoints to be that bad. Then again, I'm on normal and have died twice but it's manageable.
I'm playing on normal too, I've died a few times from falling (I tend to misjudge distances.)

and so far only died once in a fight, cuz those damn eyepots surrounded me... >_<

at least this game is (so far) easier than the first one, cuz I swear to God the first one had me about ready to bust a hole in the wall it was so frustrating at points.

to anyone playing the DLC, here's a hint: save often. cuz if u die, u have to restart from your last save. and u will die. A LOT. especially if u play on anything higher than easy.

American McGee's Alice is unforgiving...

anyways, back on topic, the checkpoints ain't that bad. I think they're placed in pretty obvious spots.

I'm a PlayStation MVP and you can be too
Add/Follow me on: Facebook Twitter GetGlue FourSquare
Google+ and/or YouTube
Read My Blog For Game Reviews and News
oversoul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
Xerios

Send a message via AIM to Xerios Send a message via MSN to Xerios Send a message via Yahoo to Xerios

Awards Showcase Silver Submission

They're generous with the falling and placing you back where you were with no damage penalty. I stopped rushing like an asshole and it works out pretty good now I'm halfway through chapter two

Xerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
Rafie

I can't wait to start playing the actual Alice game. LOL I'm still on the first Alice.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
BFenris
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

The checkpoint system isn't too bad. As was mentioned, they're really generous for accidental falls when doing platforming. It isn't like this is World at War on veteran or anything, it's easy to get back to where you were if you do die.
BFenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
Colon_Commando

Send a message via MSN to Colon_Commando Send a message via Skype™ to Colon_Commando

I just came to whine about the same thing. I hate how, for example, if you miss a jump going from platform to platform to get a lever and get through the room it respawns you before the jump. But once you get through the room and fight the enemies at the end and die it starts you over before ALL of the jumps.

I'm really enjoying this game and having fun playing it, but this one small detail is really getting on my nerves.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
Faria1st

Actually, the checkpoint system is really bad and it isn't in regards to falling etc. It is true if you fall during a platforming sequence you usually start right where you died. However, I'm at a major battle in the first Chapter and it is kicking my butt. each time I die, I have to do all the platforming events before it over again.