Is it really that hard to make up a creative name for a platinum?

RipvanX

It pisses me off when the a-holes who think up these names for the trophies throw in a crappy name for the platinum.

'Platinum For All Other Trophies'

...man im telling you! they thought REALLY hard about that one. WTF:mad: I would rather have the name 'Platinum Trophy' at this point, it sucks but its better than that! CMON!

Bayonetta's Platinum name is shitty 2. 'Acquire all trophies'

Maybe they should start naming places 'Buy all clothes' or 'Credit Card for all your money spending needs', 'Want to get fat? Eat here'

I guess some creative thinking for trophy names is too hard for some people..:thumbsdown:

It pisses me off when the a-holes who think up these names for the trophies throw in a crappy name for the platinum.

'Platinum For All Other Trophies'

...man im telling you! they thought REALLY hard about that one. WTF:mad: I would rather have the name 'Platinum Trophy' at this point, it sucks but its better than that! CMON!

Bayonetta's Platinum name is shitty 2. 'Acquire all trophies'

Maybe they should start naming places 'Buy all clothes' or 'Credit Card for all your money spending needs', 'Want to get fat? Eat here'

I guess some creative thinking for trophy names is too hard for some people..:thumbsdown:

Trust me not all devolopers are use to the "Trophies" aspect of games, to them it is about the gameplay and the trophies second. I know you are mad about the name, but like MH was trying to preach, as long as the trophies work, and the game does not crash then all is well with the world.

The name of the Platinum trophy isn't something super original and creative, so let's bash the game and the developers for lack of creativity for this preposterous, not to mention trivial reason.

This is what I read.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mCsDi2Qmpnk/TGKMCwyDZzI/AAAAAAAAAII/vlNWxPDNEUM/s1600/waaambulance.jpg

Edited by Cornagandarub

wow man all these hateful comments to the guy that posted this, you guys are a bunch of jerks lol.

I agree, the companies take time to create names for all the other trophies, it only takes 5 seconds to think of a creative name for the platinum that your expected to work so hard to get.. so there should be some reward other than boosting your trophy level in regards to the game itself. Some companies do a really good job with this, others dont.

They coulda called it anything.. the hatters revenge, master of wonderland, i mean.. anything lol.. still woulda been better than what they named it.

• 1 month later...
wow man all these hateful comments to the guy that posted this, you guys are a bunch of jerks lol.

I agree, the companies take time to create names for all the other trophies, it only takes 5 seconds to think of a creative name for the platinum that your expected to work so hard to get.. so there should be some reward other than boosting your trophy level in regards to the game itself. Some companies do a really good job with this, others dont.

They coulda called it anything.. the hatters revenge, master of wonderland, i mean.. anything lol.. still woulda been better than what they named it.

I think the main reason is there's no 'achievement' for doing everything on the Xbox. So devs dont take 5 seconds of their time to think of a plat name:rolleyes:

He was being sarcastic. You realize he said preposterous and trivial reason right :rolleyes:

You do realize he rewrote the quote to his interpretation and not what was acutally written right? :whistle: Kinda like this:

You do realize I didn't actually read the original post and see that it was altered :rolleyes:

I know its been over a month since the post but I had to point it out!

Edited by Kariokebeach

I hate it when they do that too, but I've always just assumed it's because they designed based on xbox 360 achievement model then converted them to PS3 trophies which of course always have one extra trophy for the platinum that some programmer has to deal with and doesn't put much thought into sadly.

I'm with you on this too. I like cool trophy names and images.

"I just got the 'Platinum for all other trophies' Platinum Trophy!" Naaah.

How about...

"I just got the 'Savior of the Universe' Platinum Trophy!" (Duke Nukem Forever)

"I just got the 'Borderland Defender' Platinum Trophy!" (Borderlands)

• 3 weeks later...

He has a point. I don't care what most trophies are called or look like, but I would have thought they would put more effort into the platinum's name than all the others. Seems the exact opposite.

Just in the games I have played (not necessarily platinumed):

LA Noire: Platinum Trophy. < They thought hard.

inFAMOUS: inFAMOUS Platinum Trophy. < I'm not kidding.

inFAMOUS 2: inFAMOUS 2 Platinum Trophy. < I wish they had been.

Fallout 3: Platinum Trophy. < ....

BioShock: PLATINUM TROPHY. < ooOOoo caps lock!

BioShock 2: Platinum Trophy. < Someone realized and turned it off.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Platinum. < Heck, they were too lazy to even type trophy!

Little Big Planet: 100% Complete. < Thank you. Captian.

Then there's a few great ones of course, for instance:

Brink: Time to sleep. < Hate the game, love the platinum name.

God of War: Trophy of Zues

God of War 2: Trophy of Gaia

God of War 3: King of the Hill

I could go on for quite a while, I have a lot more cool ones. It is rather sad that so many games don't bother with the platinum names though. I feel like they were made-for-pc games that didn't have a platinum, then someone strapped one on as an afterthought.