Akimi Village - Road Map and Trophy Guide

Akari

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 1/10

-Overall number of trophies: 13 (9 (B), 3 (S), 1 (G))

-Offline: 12

-Online: 1

-Missable: 1 (The Old Fashioned Way)

-Approx time to 100%: 6-8 hours

Introduction:

This is a very simple city building game that lets you play at your own pace. There's no time limit, no challenge, no anything, so you don't have to worry about missing any trophies (except for one). I was having trouble figuring out how to advance, so I thought I'd put up a little guide to help.

Roadmap:

Just play through the game at your own pace, and make sure you don't build the Dragon Gate until you have purified the entire island (you will get a cutscene telling you you have done so). Once you get this cutscene, go ahead and build the Dragon Gate and True Dragon Gate and you're done!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/01.jpg

Good Samaritan (B)

Purify the first set of Akimi

When you purify an area with a Radiant Tree or other plant and the green circle includes a gloomy Akimi, the Akimi will be purified as well and can then be used for harvesting. They'll show you this via Tutorial early on.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/02.jpg

Radiant (B)

Plant your first radiant tree

The first seed they give you doesn't count, so you'll get this when you plant your second tree, which will come after your first few buildings.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/03.jpg

Department of Forestry (B)

Plant 5 radiant trees in one game

See Johnny Appleseed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/04.jpg

Land Reclamation Project (B)

Remove 1 ton of Debris

You'll need the pickax tool for this, which is northwest a bit from your starting point. As long as you set some Akimi to remove debris every time you see it, you'll get this fairly easily. You'll never have a shortage of spare Akimi to set some on debris, but they clear debris slowly, so you may want to set a couple at a time.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/05.jpg

Akimi Liberator (B)

Rescue 40 Akimi in one game

As long as you're going towards The Old Fashioned Way, you'll get this. If you want to get it faster, build a lot of plants with the Gardener and place them just to purify Akimi, and then move/destroy the plants. Even if you move the plant immediately, the Akimi will remain purified, so don't worry about that.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/06.jpg

Philanthropist (B)

Send 300 resources

You'll need a post office to do this, which is on the top line of buildings, I believe after the house. You'll need to build a box in it, then fill that box with 300+ resources and send it to a friend via their totem. To get 300 resources, set an Akimi or 2 on harvesting and don't set their return point. They will harvest and drop the resources on the ground behind them. You then pick up the box and put it on a pile of resources and the pile will be added to the box. To see the contents of the box, go up to it and hit :triangle:. The other account doesn't need to accept or anything, so this trophy will pop when you place the box. Just make sure that when you place the box, it makes a pop sound and there's a puff of smoke. It's easy to place the box down, miss the totem and not send the resources.

Easiest way to do this: Have a second account on your ps3. Play on that account (and add your main as a friend) until you get to move (when it asks you to plant the first seed). Quit, go back to your main account, then go to any available totem, assign it to the second account, and send the box of 300+ resources to it.

If you don't have a second account, then use the boosting thread to add someone.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/07.jpg

Refined (B)

Refine 500 Resources

Refining is when you have to turn one set of resources into another, such as straw into bricks, bamboo into paper, etc. Just set an Akimi to harvest something, and set their return point as the refining building. You don't necessarily need to harvest the refined resource, but you'll need them if you're going for Full Set.

Note: To harvest refined resources, you need to set a JOBLESS Akimi on the pile. You can remove an Akimi's job by picking it up and hitting :triangle:.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/08.jpg

Walkabout (B)

The name says it all

Just walk around a lot. It took me about an hour and a half of walking to get this. You'll get it through the normal course of play.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/09.jpg

One Man Moving Crew (B)

Keep carrying things around

Carry 500 resources around. You start off being able to carry 5 at a time, but that gets upgraded to 15 later (I believe with one of the tools you purify). To make this more convenient, you can build a Workshop (or any other building that accepts basic resources) near a harvesting point, and then set Akimi to harvest there without return points so you don't have to carry the resources very far.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/10.jpg

Full Set (S)

Have every building and component in one game

I don't believe you need to build 2 portals to get this (1 should suffice), but the portal is convenient enough that you should build 2 anyway. If nothing else, just portal from your Work Hut to your building area because that's the most hassle. Common problems are: getting stuck finding another wise fish, not being able to connect the tower buildings. You find wise fish by purifying pools, and the fish will randomly appear by one. If you can't find a second one, just punch your first School until it breaks and move the fish over to the new building (then rebuild the school by removing and re-placing one item). The tower walls are on the bottom row of items you can make with the Master Craftsman. Just make a line that touches all the Temple buildings and you'll be fine. You don't need to worry about rotating walls, it will do it for you as you place them.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/11.jpg

Johnny Appleseed (S)

Plant 10 Radiant Trees in one game

Every 10 Culture points (you get some per NEW building you build), you'll get a Radiant Seed. Plant them at gloomy spirit wells to purify large areas. You'll get this if you go for Full Set. Please note, sometimes they will give you normal seeds that do not grow Radiant Trees. You plant those anywhere green and they become a harvestable tree. For those seeds, the cursor will not light up over a Spirit Well, so just keep an eye out for that.

You can see how many Radiant trees you've built by hitting :start: and then Left or Right on the stick.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/12.jpg

Grand Dragon Gate (S)

Build the Grand Dragon Gate

The Grand Dragon Gate is the final building in the tree, and you need every other building built to unlock it. You'll build one of these for Full Set. You can actually beat the game before building this, but you can simply continue and go back into the village to build it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/545/13.jpg

The Old Fashioned Way (G)

Purify the entire island before building the Dragon Gate or Grand Dragon Gate

Missable! After planting all 10 trees, you'll still have a lot of black gloomy area. Go to your Gardener and build a lot of trees and place them around to remove the black area. Before you upgrade it, build lots of Sakura Trees. Once you upgrade it, build the Sylvan Wonders instead, as they purify a larger area. You'll know you've purified the entire area if you get a cutscene with the raccoon. The Dragon Gate is unlocked about halfway through the building tree, on the bottom row. Just avoid its blueprint until the very end and you'll be fine. It's not required to build any other building (except the Grand Dragon Gate), so it's not necessary at all until the end.

Do be careful, as there is a hard limit on how many components you can build. I ended up with a lot of duplicate buildings (Shrines, Workshops, resource refining buildings), and had to destroy some before I could build more trees. Destroy a building by hitting :square: to punch it a few times, then destroy the components by punching those too (you'll get the individual ingredients back, though you have to carry them to the appropriate shop).

If you miss this trophy, you'll have to start a new game from scratch, so be careful.

Edited by Vyrastas
Editorial Sweep

I would suggest adding a helpful Blue print key.

For example:

Yellow Diamond = Building supplies found at Work Hut

Green Pentagon = Building supplies found at Sculptor

Blue Hexagon = Building supplies found at Workshop

Also maybe a key for how to get the resources.

For Example:

Bamboo = Natural resource found growing on the map

Cut Stone = Stone to be brought to a Stone Mill and then to a Sculptor

Fancy Stone = Requires Cut Stone from a Stone Mill to be brought to a Fancy Stone Maker and then bring the fancy stone to a Master Craftsmen to use it.

Edited by CajunShooter

When you look at a blueprint for a building (:r1: to look at tree, then :triangle: for details), it tells you below the blueprint which item comes from which building.

How do you give them refined resources? I could not set an Akimi on the pile, nor could I give a stack to an Akimi. I actually had stacks of cut lumber/stone that were in the 1000+ range because I couldn't figure that out...

Edited by Akari

When you look at a blueprint for a building (:r1: to look at tree, then :triangle: for details), it tells you below the blueprint which item comes from which building.

How do you give them refined resources? I could not set an Akimi on the pile, nor could I give a stack to an Akimi. I actually had stacks of cut lumber/stone that were in the 1000+ range because I couldn't figure that out...

When you have an Akimi going to a building like a Stone Mill bring it stone the cut stone comes out the other side. Just take another Akimi and make sure the cut stone is highlighted, it will turn that Akimi into a rickshaw carrier and you can bring him to the target building with the resources.

I know all the information is in the game, but the game doesn't actually teach you or flat out tell you a lot of things unless you go reading the info on the buildings themselves so I was just offering a suggestion for people that may get stuck on a resource or building equipment on where to look to find it

For instance it took me a little while to figure out how to get the resource Essence. I had to go around looking at each building to see how to make it.

I then realized I had to use the Monastery to refine spirit wells which made me have to build another shrine.

If people had this info up front they could better plan their village as to not have buildings that would be nice to have next to each other be spread across the map.

I could never get an Akimi to set on the refined resources, maybe I only tried once and gave up. Anyway, this is from memory, I don't remember everything offhand. It can be fleshed in a bit.

Bricks: Straw (from Farm) to Brickyard

-can be brought to Work Hut

Paper: Bamboo to Paper Mill

-can be brought to Workshop

Scrolls: Paper to Scribe

-can be brought to Master Craftsman

Cut Lumber: Wood to Wood Mill

-can be brought to Master Craftsman or Gardener

Fine Wood: Cut Lumber to Carpenter

Cut Stone: Stone to Stone Mill

-can be brought to Workshop, Master Craftsman, or Sculptor

Fancy Stone: Cut Stone to Fancy Stone Maker

Spirit Water; Requires Shrine built near a purified Spirit Well

-can be brought to Workshop

Essence: Spirit Water to Monastery

Seeds: Essence to Temple Wing (requires Temple built and attached by Walls)

Jade: Stone to Temple Tower (requires Temple built and attached by Walls)

Edited by Akari

to get the akimi to pick up the raw materials [or refined] they have to be jobless for some reason. if for any reason you dont have any that are jobless, simply put them in any of the schools [preferably the rickshaw one] and then carry them to a selected pile.

idk why but you cant change ones that already have jobs to that particular job. it frustrated me too but i figured it out.

kudos if you beat it by manually carrying stuff. that had to be tough lol.

Jobless, huh? You can pick up an Akimi and hit :triangle: to reset them. I will play around with it later tonight.

I built buildings close just for carrying refined resources easily, so it wasn't too bad.

Edit: Ok, if you reset an Akimi with :triangle:, then you can set them on any pile of resources, refined or not. I didn't know that, it would have been helpful. Oh well.

Edited by Akari

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I followed the guide for this one - but it seems it's glitched on my game - I send the resources to a friend's totem - then for some strange reason - I get boxes back with literally thousands of resources in them - the trophy never popped - my game has literally frozen to where I have to turn off the system then turn it back on again - which happens several times while trying to get this last trophy - any feedback is appreciated here

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...