Philanthropist Boost

Malice_Mizer

Hey, did anyone else get this?

There's a Trophy in this game "Philanthropist" which involves sending another player 300 resources.

Okay, here's how it works.

- Find a person to boost with this, add them to your Friends List

- In the game, there are a bunch of totems along the northern ridge of the island. "Reassign Totem" to your boost partner's PSN ID

- Build a "Post Office" building

- Build one "Postal Crate" from the Post Office menu (4 Cut Lumber / 2 Paper)

- Set the Postal Crate aside, then go back to the Post Office menu and continually build Paper or Cut Lumber Stockpile items.

- Each one is worth 25 resources, a Postal Crate can fit more than enough resources to fill all 300. It will take you about 12 Stockpiles of Cut Lumber or Paper to reach the needed amount. Take each stockpile and load it into the Postal Crate

- Take the filled Postal Crate to the Totem you assigned your friend to, set it down inside the totem when its highlighted in white.

- If you sent enough, you should get the Trophy!

I already got this, but maybe this could be handy for people who want to find people to boost this with.

Edited by Malice_Mizer

Quick Question.

Does the person receiving the items also have to have a post office to get the items?

I'm pretty sure they don't need a post office. The packages arrive at the Totem on the north ridge which, when connected to your friend, arrive right in front of the Totem on their end. The Post Office is just needed to make the crates you use to send items to a friend VIA the Totem.

How does the trophy work exactly ? I sent 300 resources to multiple friends, but no trophy. Do they have to accept it, then when I log in the next time I'll get the trophy ? Or am I glitched ? Thank you all :-)

EDIT : did it again multiple times, with 3 different resources (stones, cut lumber, paper), to three different friends, twice with exactly 300 and once with a little bit more, and still no dice.

Edited by n64448

How does the trophy work exactly ? I sent 300 resources to multiple friends, but no trophy. Do they have to accept it, then when I log in the next time I'll get the trophy ? Or am I glitched ? Thank you all :-)

EDIT : did it again multiple times, with 3 different resources (stones, cut lumber, paper), to three different friends, twice with exactly 300 and once with a little bit more, and still no dice.

do they have the game? and if so, have they started a village? you have to be able to view their village for this to work.

do they have the game? and if so, have they started a village? you have to be able to view their village for this to work.

Yes, I only sent gifts to people I could or had visited the village... One complete (100 % pure), one close to completion (98 %) and one half through (48 % if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks for the answer :)

Yes, I only sent gifts to people I could or had visited the village... One complete (100 % pure), one close to completion (98 %) and one half through (48 % if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks for the answer :)

Upping the thread because I tried it again today, and I still haven't got it... This is what I do :

- go to my village (100 % pure, every building, lots of resources)

- use the postal office to get a crate

- use the postal office to get 12 stockpiles of resources (tried 12 of the same, a mix of the two)

- put the stockpiles in the crate one at a time

- check using triangle that there are 300 resources (sometimes more, as I said earlier)

- save

- choose a friend's totem

- visit his village to make SURE he has one and I can access it

- load my game

- press X in front of said totem

- wait a couple minutes and repeat from step 1 because I got nothing

(I'm pretty sure you saw that it's what Malice_Mizer recommends...)

I even tried to give "raw" resources, collected directly from the trees... to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Upping the thread because I tried it again today, and I still haven't got it... This is what I do :

- go to my village (100 % pure, every building, lots of resources)

- use the postal office to get a crate

- use the postal office to get 12 stockpiles of resources (tried 12 of the same, a mix of the two)

- put the stockpiles in the crate one at a time

- check using triangle that there are 300 resources (sometimes more, as I said earlier)

- save

- choose a friend's totem

- visit his village to make SURE he has one and I can access it

- load my game

- press X in front of said totem

- wait a couple minutes and repeat from step 1 because I got nothing

(I'm pretty sure you saw that it's what Malice_Mizer recommends...)

I even tried to give "raw" resources, collected directly from the trees... to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Do you have the package in your hands before toching the totem?

• 1 year later...