Help needed with Watchtower Patrol Solomon Islands

I'm stuck on the watchtower patrol during the Solomon Islands mission. I have no trouble finding the enemy planes and even shooting them down but one plane always makes it through and bombs the carrier (mission failed). I have even shot down all 6 planes a couple of times but a bomb always hits the carrier. It's frustrating because I'm playing at Rookie level and I cannot get past this mission. Usually one of the planes with the aiming target winds up at the back of the ship on approach and the AA gun won't turn that far to get a clean shot. I've tried something like 25 times and I'm getting pissed off! Help!

Edited by VerticalSE99
Typing error

Never mind. I finally got past this mission. You don't have to shoot all the bombers down. You just have to shoot down the one which is marked for you with the aiming mark. I decided to concentrate only on this one and finally shot it down. I didn't shoot any others except this one. Mission completed!

• 7 years later...

How do u pass it? I never find the planes.

On 5/12/2014 at 12:56 PM, VerticalSE99 said:

Never mind. I finally got past this mission. You don't have to shoot all the bombers down. You just have to shoot down the one which is marked for you with the aiming mark. I decided to concentrate only on this one and finally shot it down. I didn't shoot any others except this one. Mission completed!