Final Challange

nevertell

So, I've completed the entire game, except for the last level.

I've been playing this level for the past hour and a half. I can't for the life of me, figure out the way to get the four towns.

If anyone would like to give me some pointers, feel free. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I also still need to get the 50 online wins, so anyone who might be working on that, send me a FR. I'll be glad to help.

Don't try to get 4 towns........ get 3 and play defend. I captured the 3 closest towns to my home base and built them to level 3. Capturing the town in the middle with the money is a must. If you have to choose between losing a town always defend this one. The other opponents cannot upgrade there towns without this one. For the other two just grab the ones closest to this town and the your home base and float in between them defending.

After 3 of your towns are upgraded and you are floating in the middle of your little triangle formation the other ships hardly ever go near you or your stuff. So they end up trading towns between them.

This challenge may take a few tries but if you can get to the point that I covered you should have no problem sitting the time out.

Good strat norris.

I personally got nassau (northmost) first, defended it , and scavenged like a MADMAN to get upgraded ship. Started with 1 canon 1 speed. It's random what the comps will do - but if you get nassau up to lvl3, they will favour the lower level enemy cities almost always.

keep attacking any enemy city and destroy it, just to keep them low level and enemies will fight over them. Toward the end of the round, you want to run in and grab 2 more of the weakest ones you can find. You should at this point have a fully upgraded ship. Most enemies wont bother to challenge you if you're a town you already own - you outgun them.

One good tip is stay away from the east (right) side of the map. As the black colour has two ships while everyone else has one ship. So try and focus on Nassau and the gold town right away, and then when the green ship (the one that spawns in the upper left corner) is far right and hopefully not spawning any time soon, go gung ho and take the two towns to the left. Actually worked better for me to get 4 towns than try to defend 3, as 2 out of 3 always seemed to be attacked at the same time! Even though I had them upgraded. As long as I only had two, Nassau and gold town they didn't bother.

Good strat norris.

I personally got nassau (northmost) first, defended it , and scavenged like a MADMAN to get upgraded ship. Started with 1 canon 1 speed. It's random what the comps will do - but if you get nassau up to lvl3, they will favour the lower level enemy cities almost always.

keep attacking any enemy city and destroy it, just to keep them low level and enemies will fight over them. Toward the end of the round, you want to run in and grab 2 more of the weakest ones you can find. You should at this point have a fully upgraded ship. Most enemies wont bother to challenge you if you're a town you already own - you outgun them.

not bad. will most def try this...

tnx

http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/ladeluff.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I completed the last challenge using this strategy :

1. Immediately upgrade your ship with one armour and one cannon increase.

2. Capture the closest town (Nassau).

3. Plunder, plunder and plunder some more until you have maxed out all the upgrades on your ship.

4. Whilst plundering in point 3 above, defend your solitary town and upgrade it when possible, but always give priority to upgrading your ship first.

5. Whilst plundering, if you get the opportunity to capture a town, then do so as it distracts the enemy, but don't worry too much about defending it at this stage.

6. By the time your ship is fully upgraded, there will probably be about 5 minutes remaining. This is when you need to start capturing more towns.

7. Pick towns preferrably close to Nassau and that haven't been upgraded by the enemy.

8. You only really need to capture an additional 2 towns as that will normally be enough to win.

9. Defend your 3 towns as the clock ticks down, but keep an eye open in case a fourth town is left unguarded, and if that happens go capture it for an instant win!!

Hope this helps anyone struggling with this challenge!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I tried all these strats but I would always come down to a tie

just take a break and then play again and hope you get lucky

I got lucky and after an hour break and came back and captured all 4 towns within the first 8 min so

that always happens to me:mad:

i tried for hours one day,then i tried again the next day and did it first time

• 3 months later...
Good strat norris.

This strat worked for me the first time! Thanks! Amazingly I won after a comp took away a town from another comp when i had only 2 towns with 1 second left!

• 3 months later...
This strat worked for me the first time! Thanks! Amazingly I won after a comp took away a town from another comp when i had only 2 towns with 1 second left!

Same thing happened with me when I went back to finish this level tonight... now I only need to grind through the online to get my 100% :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...