Still trying to sync old non existing trophies

Pesico

As the other thread says, trophies are out, but it didn't help my problem:(

I bought Age of Booty a few months ago within the few hours the game was released with trophies (including a Platinum trophy). These trophies has never existed on Sonys servers and the patch didn't remove them from my local trophylist. Therefore, these trophies will still try to sync with no luck. So even though I haven't earned any new trophies, it always tries to sync and because they don't exist, it takes more time than usual.

Has anybody heard anything official about this or found a solution to delete these non-existing trophies?

Oh so when it was initially released trophies were listed with it? That's interesting, I purchased it myself a couple of days after release and didn't have a trophy list.

That could be a problem for you if it's trying to sync trophies that do not exist. So will it not sync now that the trophy patch as out at all? Or do the new trophies differ from the list you originally had on your PS3?

There is no way of deleting trophies from your system. At a last resort I know a HDD format will remove a game from your list but it will then reappear the next time you play it. I'm not sure of a solution really, have you emailed any kind of customer support?

Forgot to mention that. I now have Age of Booty listed twice (locally). The non-existing trophies and the new proper ones. I guess I will have to format and never play Age of Booty again.

Not sure if I want to talk to customer support as I bought it from my US account and have played it on my EU account. I'll guess I'll format the HDD then and manually back up each save I want to keep.

Edited by Pesico

Yeah that might be your only option if you want to get remove it from your trophy list. Like you say it won't appear again there but it will be visible when comparing trophies with other users.

Obviously when & if you do the HDD format option, back up all saves, you can always use the PS3's restore function as well. I'm sure you know what your doing, thats a bit annoying though! :(

Another thread that may interest you at the mo:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/8271-trophy-deleting-option.html

Ah well you are fine with the HDD side of it then. I'm unsure if you can choose to just backup your game saves, I would still back them up manually to be safe. When I upgraded my HDD the local trophy list on the XMB was empty after I backed up & restored only by actually playing the games again, then quitting to XMB and choosing sync with server to make the correct trophy percentages come back.

If you can I would just backup the gamesaves and do it. But obviously it will take a while to re-download your PSN games and game updates etc. The PS3's backup/restore option would, as you know, also backup the PSN games/videos/pictures etc.

Here's what I did if anyone else has the same problem:

1. Deleted my old Age of Booty save and the game (not sure if this must be done, but I did it).

2. Using the backup utility, I backed up all my data on the PS3 to an external HDD.

3. Formated the PS3s HDD.

4. Used the backup utility to restore from the backup I did in point 2.

5. Clicked on trophy collection and synced my trophies (took a while longer since all my trophies where gone locally).

Result: Now I only have the valid Age of Booty trophylist locally and I don't need to syncronise trophies everytime I compare trophies with friends, look at my own profile, etc.

On a sidenote, after syncing for the first time, all my trophies showed up in Trophy Collection. Did not need to start every game to have them show up locally.

Not really my fault (blame it on the QA department). I just read a news article that Age of Booty could be downloaded and it included a Platinum trophy. I was sold. Then Sony reverted back to the version without trophies. Now the patch is here and it's a different trophyset.

Anyway, I solved the problem so I'm happy now.

Hey thanks for posting this info... I had no idea this could be done, but when you think about it it's possible as they're only on the PS3 and not on the server (which is the problem anyway...). Just a pain that you have to go through all this trouble because of Sony/Capcom, and that you can't select what to delete. I'll do this when I get the time as it is a total pain syncing every time I want to compare tropies.

Yeah I am going through deleting everything atm... I could have just copied over all the save files but no, for some reason Killzone 2 and a couple others don't let you copy... so therefore I have to backup instead, and I only have a 1gb stick so need to delete everything apart from saves to fit on the stick. lol