Age of Booty Trophy Guide and Road Map

olsen77

Due to the GameSpy shutdown, the 100% for this game is no longer possible.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)

+ Offline: 8 (1spacer.png, 1 (S), 6spacer.png)

+ Online: 2 (1spacer.png, 1spacer.png)

+ Approximate time to 100%: 10-20 hours (Estimated Time to 100%)

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

+ Missable trophies: None

+ Glitched trophies: None

+ Cheats: No cheats

Age of Booty has a pretty good mix of trophies. There are a couple of easy trophies, difficult trophies, and grinding online trophies. You'll first want to get "Cartographer" out of the way. It's pretty easy and you can take care of it as soon as you download the trophy patch. Work on the challenges next. There are 21 in all, and you have to beat all 21 if you want the "King's Pardon" trophy. While you're going through the easy challenges, also try to get "Bombs Away", "Flushed Away", "Cherry Picker" and "Boom Boom". Each challenge in a difficulty gets harder as you go from one to seven, so get those miscellaneous trophies out of the way as soon as you can. The Hard challenges are where you're going to spend the most time, especially the final challenge. Here is a link directly to chucknorris078's post that helped me out a great deal. I think it's a sure fire method to get through the last Hard challenge: LINK

After the challenges are finished, start grinding out the online wins. You have options and different ways you can go about getting these trophies. The online methods are detailed in the description for "Sea Legs". The online grind is pretty lengthy so be prepared to do them in two, three or more shifts.

spacer.png Cartographer (B)

Create and save a custom map.

Go to the map editor, place a couple of things, then save it. You don’t have to go all out and create an intricate map to get this trophy. This is the easiest trophy in the game to get.

spacer.png Bombs Away (B)

Destroy a neutral or enemy town’s defense with a bomb.

Towns have different upgrades levels, 1, 2, and 3. Do this on any town that is a level 1. First, you have to destroy a merchant ship so it’ll drop a green box with skulls on the sides. These are the random items you pick up like bombs, whirlpool curses, etc. If you get a bomb, then go to the nearest town that is level 1. You’ll have to take the towns strength most of the way down. When it has a little bit of health left, sail a few tiles away and set the bomb by pushing :triangle:.

spacer.png Flushed Away (B)

Use a whirlpool curse to teleport an enemy that is attacking your town.

This one is a little tricky, mostly because as soon as you put a whirlpool curse on an enemy ship that is attacking your town, it sails to the next tile. Obviously, you’ll need a whirlpool curse for this to work so go and destroy merchant ships until you pick up a green box that gives you one. For the best shot, wait until you have two enemy ships attacking one of your towns, and move your ship behind one to completely block it in. Then use the whirlpool curse by pushing triangle on the blocked in ship.

spacer.png Cherry Picker (B)

Capture a neutral town after an enemy has destroyed its defenses.

After a town’s defenses are down, it takes a few seconds as it says above the town “Capturing…” and the numbers go to 100%. Once it’s 100%, the town is captured by whatever team attacked it. Wait until the town’s defenses are down, then move your ship in like you’re going to attack the town. That will block the capture by the enemy team and it’ll display “Contested...” and whatever percentage the capture stopped at. Attack the enemy ship. It’s health should be pretty low and it’ll be easily sunk. After the enemy ship is sunk, finish off the capture of the town.

spacer.png Boom Boom (B)

Sink two enemy ships with a single bomb.

This is another tricky one. The ships need to be right next to each other and fairly low in health. Get a bomb by sinking a merchant ship and picking up the green box. Place the bomb between the ships by pushing :triangle:. If both ships are sunk from the explosion, you’ll get the trophy.

spacer.png On the Account (B)

Beat all medium challenges.

There are seven challenges on each difficulty. You can do them in any order you want. You don’t have to meet the conditions of “Capture X number of towns in Y minutes.” You just need to have the most number of captured towns when time expires.

spacer.png Sea Legs (B)

Win 5 public games online.

Unobtainable due to server shutdown

You have some options on how to get this. You can play normally by going into four player rooms and beating the other three (or two if it’s a 2 vs. 2 game). You can boost it, but you’ll need a group of three other players (or just one other player if you both have two controllers). If you’re fast and lucky enough, you can get into your own room and reassign the controllers. Hold down the PS button, select Controller Settings, and then Reassign the Controller. Do this three different times to add players 2, 3, and 4 to the game all using your one controller. You'll have to be really fast to do it that way. It's much easier if you have four controllers. The problem there is that you have to be really quick or else someone else will join your game.

The alternative to this is, if you have four controllers, have all four on, get your own room, and quickly add each controller by pushing Start. You’ll have all four slots blocked off and play as long as you need to. This is the sure fire way to get to 50 online wins, but it’ll take a good amount of time. The timer for rounds varies between about seven minutes to around 15 minutes. To make it go faster, capture the number of towns you need to win the round. Patience is the key for this trophy.

spacer.png Freebooter (S)

Beat all hard challenges.

There are seven challenges on each difficulty. You can do them in any order you want. You don't have to meet the conditions of "Capture X number of towns in Y minutes". You just need to have the most number of captured towns when time expires.

The final challenge on Hard is pretty difficult and a lot of people have trouble beating it. Chucknorris078 posted an excellent strategy for beating this challenge. I recommend taking a look at this thread and reading through some of the tips that are offered there: LINK

spacer.pngKing’s Pardon (G)

Beat every challenge in the game.

There are seven challenges on each difficulty. You can do them in any order you want. You don’t have to meet the conditions of “Capture X number of towns in Y minutes.” You just need to have the most number of captured towns when time expires. Beat all 21 Easy, Medium, and Hard challenges to get this trophy.

spacer.png Old Salt (G)

Win 50 public games online.

Unobtainable due to server shutdown

Why this trophy doesn't have the same requirement as the achievement and it's at a ridiculous 50 wins instead of 10, I have no idea. The guidelines for getting this are the same as "Sea Legs".

See the description for "Sea Legs" for more information.

Edited by olsen77
Guide Revisions by Terminator 21/11/2014.

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the guide!

Boom Boom is much easier in Multiplayer when you control all 4 ships. Manipulate your controller settings so the 2 opposing (usually blue) ships are in adjacent hexes, but away from their cove. Have one of your ships (usually red and preferably upgraded) knock them down to 1/3 or less health. Add bomb for flavor. Makes 1 trophy instantly.

Add this to the guide plz video here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKsGaq-Jt4]YouTube - Age of Booty: Six Achievements[/ame]

This video is not by me just found it on youtube all credit goes to Roosterteeth and their awesome team.

• 3 weeks later...

Select online multiplayer Duel / Private Game / change controllers to 3 and 4, Then select:

Public Game for your own lobby, make sure controller 1 team (red) wins for the trophy tally.

Although after game it says "searching for more players" it is actually just loading your next random level.

N.B. Any curse trophies can be achieved by using them on your own (blue) team.

P.S. For those with small PS3 memory, this game is ideal as version 1.03 includes the main downloadable multiplayer patches all for 45MB. All are free so far.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow thanks for the 4-player guide to the online trophies. was a bit skeptical at first, but it really did work. u dont even need your own room, just as soon as u start to search for a public game, keep hitting [start] on all other 3 controllers.

• 8 months later...
Wow thanks for the 4-player guide to the online trophies. was a bit skeptical at first, but it really did work. u dont even need your own room, just as soon as u start to search for a public game, keep hitting [start] on all other 3 controllers.

@ the "Leaderboard" My count will not go up...:think:

i won 5 normal Battles... But After w8ing so long i wanted to get the trophie by reassinging... But i still have 5 wins in the List?

What is the trick here?

I am sure Controller 1 won the 6 more games.... :applause:

• 1 year later...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/96/009.jpg Old Salt (G)

Win 50 public games online.

Why this trophy doesn’t have the same requirement as the achievement and it’s at a ridiculous 50 wins instead of 10, I have no idea.

Well, pirates aren't known for their accounting, just their cartography. "Semester at Sea" really isn't about studying math...

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 1 month later...

ok im curious to. i used this trick as well. i have 57 wins still no trophy. i did however just get blue team to quite. does this count? it says red team wins!

now i have a new ps3 im trying again but this time im going to play each game out till the end. i hope it works this time its my last trophy to 100%. i loved this game reminded me of civ but @ sea. awesome game want more trophies added

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...