easy online gold

jamessbg

if you have 4 controllers it's the easiest way to go i only have two but i have rock band so i used 2 guitars and two controllers... just start a four player round and push start on each controller... you have to play spit screen which sucks but you can't loose... takes a little while but i got my bronze and gold in the same night

Edited by jamessbg

Actually, you can do this using only ONE controller. Just follow these steps and you're on your way to some pirates gold =)

1) The first step is to select ONLINE > Public Match >Dueling Duos. Wait until the game puts you in a lobby by yourself.

2) Press the PS button and change your controller port to 2.

3) Press the PS button again to go back to the game and press START to activate a new player.

4) Repeat step 2 but choose port 3 this time. Then repeat step 3.

5) Repeat step 2 but choose port 4 this time. Then repeat step 3.

Don't forget to set your controller back to port 1 before playing. Good Luck!

Actually, you can do this using only ONE controller. Just follow these steps and you're on your way to some pirates gold =)

1) The first step is to select ONLINE > Public Match >Dueling Duos. Wait until the game puts you in a lobby by yourself.

2) Press the PS button and change your controller port to 2.

3) Press the PS button again to go back to the game and press START to activate a new player.

4) Repeat step 2 but choose port 3 this time. Then repeat step 3.

5) Repeat step 2 but choose port 4 this time. Then repeat step 3.

Don't forget to set your controller back to port 1 before playing. Good Luck!

wow.

that might be the best tip I've read so far on this site. brilliant.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

unlucky for you. it's working fine for me and im only using one controller for 4 players. got the 5 wins trophy. am now going for 50. however on the leaderboards it says i only have 1 win. hopefully the server just hasnt updated or something.

EDIT: I just got 50 wins trophy without ever playing anyone and using 1 controller. Leaderboards still say i only have 1 win.

Edited by blarged

• 3 months later...

I found a faster way of getting this if you have 4 controllers..

Capture a town with player 1 controller then you can just exit the game with the controllers from the other team and you get a win, WAY FASTER!

I got the gold from doing this way to long the other way :)

Edited by Tomas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Capture a town with player 1 controller then you can just exit the game with the controllers from the other team and you get a win, WAY FASTER!

Nice find! Wish I would have known this before I got my 100% doing it the slow way. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip, gonna try this in a couple days along with the 4 controller trick

One thing that I've found with the quitting method is that it kicks you back to the lobby when you do this, so you have to get lucky enough to get another room to start another game. All in all, it is taking about the same amount of time for me to get into another room unless I'm not doing it right.

I also should add that I was just being stupid before, the quitting trick does work. Know what controller you are teamed up with, and just quit with the opposing controllers after you capture a town. Everytime I did this, it would place me back in a lobby with just myself and the other controller, just had to hit start on the other two again. Anytime I quit with all 3, it got rid of my hosted lobby and wanted to join me with someone else. So don't quit with all 3, just the opposing 2.

Unfortunately, I was already around 40 wins when I finally figured this out, but hopefully this can help someone else.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for telling me about this - I was getting really pissed off at the current community Age of Booty has. Half of the time, nobody plays. The other half of the time the guy has logged into the game and never takes part.

Oh, and then you get abuse because YOU took part, as opposed to quitting out and letting the one-man team get an automatic win.