We Need More Games Like Afrika

DarkTower805

Afrika was a breath of fresh air for me. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Of course, I love nature shows and I'm the type that always watches the Discovery Channel or National Geographic, so this game was made for me. I would love to see more of this type of game. Hopefully, someone might consider doing the Amazon as a setting. The Amazon's diversity would make for a great game imo.

It's definitely a great idea for a game... It's certainly different then other games and has it's own unique play (sort of the way Heavy Rain is kind of a new concept). I really hope they make another one like this... Amazon??? Australia???

Now that they have a foundation built, they can probably develop an even greater game with some nice new features. I'd love to see what comes up in the future.

They do hint in the end of a new assignment in the galapagos islands

maybe there was already plans for a sequel depending on how well it did

i'd certainly invest $60 in a new one

Yeah, the above is true. I would definitely shell out $69.99 + tax for the Galapagos Island game. I don't think Afrika was too successful in North America (a real shame), but as long as they release it in English in Hong Kong, it would be worth import duty fees. FYI ... Aquanaut's Holiday (English) is out of print, and I have been having a hard time finding it online.

Yeah, the above is true. I would definitely shell out $69.99 + tax for the Galapagos Island game. I don't think Afrika was too successful in North America (a real shame), but as long as they release it in English in Hong Kong, it would be worth import duty fees. FYI ... Aquanaut's Holiday (English) is out of print, and I have been having a hard time finding it online.

I can't find the Aquanaut's Holiday version with english anywhere. I'm actually prepared to pay a good deal of money if I can find it ... and have been looking for months. LOL

Afrika is one of my favorite games because it was so different and so enjoyable. It didnt do well at all in NA so I doubt we'll ever see anything like it again. But like you said I'd be willing to pay import fees to get one if its released elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game is a moment of zen, unless you are a trophy hunter. lol.

Afrika is a great "game" and I would love to see more of these type of titles come out. Imagine If they did Australia, South America, Japan, or RussioChina. Most of us will never get to travel to these places, but playing this "game" I feel like I have been to Africa (a very economy class style trip, but still)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...