Animal Locations

Cauchy

Unless otherwise specified, the animal will appear during the day. I've included maps in the next post. I recommend copying the list and pasting it to a spreadsheet so you can keep track better. The format of the list is as follows:

Animal Name | Ages/sexes to be photographed | General Location | Specific Location | Alternate General Location

• Aardvark | adult | Choroa Gorge | Sand Tree at night | N/A
  • African Elephant | child, baby, adult | Kiboko Swamp | Water Tree | Kiwanja Plain, Choroa Gorge
  • Afrikan Lion | child, baby, male, female | Kiwanja Plain | south of Simba Kopje | N/A
  • Afrikan Porcupine | adult | Duma Steppe | Awali Oasis at night | N/A
  • Afrikan Wild Dog | adult | Choroa Gorge | Dogo Rock | N/A
  • Bat-Eared Fox | adult | Lake Heroe | Dikidiki Fountain at night | N/A
  • Black Crowned Crane | adult | Kiboko Swamp | northeast island | N/A
  • Black Leopard | adult | Duma Steppe | Awali Oasis at night | N/A
  • Black Rhonoceros | baby, adult | Lake Heroe | Cape Tree | N/A
  • Black-Backed Jackal | adult | Duma Steppe | west of Bone Tree | N/A
  • Bongo | adult | Lake Heroe | Cape Tree | N/A
  • Cattle Egret | adult | Kiboko Swamp | Water Tree | N/A
  • Cheetah | baby, adult | Duma Steppe | Mtoto Hill | N/A
  • Dik-Dik | male, female | Lake Heroe | Dikidiki Fountain | N/A
  • Eland| adult | Kiwanja Plains | Simba Kopje | N/A
  • Helmeted Guineafowl | adult | Lake Heroe | Cape Tree | N/A
  • Hippopotamus | baby, adult | Kiboko Swamp | Korongo Flats | Duma Steppe, Lake Heroe
  • Hyrax | adult | Lake Heroe | at the overlook of Mt. Hakunamatata | N/A
  • Jackson Chameleon | adult | Lake Heroe | on a fallen tree near the Dikidiki Fountain | N/A
  • King Cheetah | adult | Choroa Gorge | Kubwa Rock | N/A
  • Kori Bustard | adult | Kiwanja Plain | around the Simba Kopje or Masai Tree| N/A
  • Lappet-Faced Vulture | adult | Duma Steppe | Bone Tree | N/A
  • Leopard | adult | Lake Heroe | Gate Tree | N/A
  • Leopard Tortoise | adult | Choroa Gorge | Kobe Sand | N/A
  • Lesser Flamingo | adult | Lake Heroe | in the lake | N/A
  • Marabou Stork | adult | Duma Steppe | Bone Tree | Lake Heroe, Kiwanja Plain
  • Masai Giraffe | baby, adult | Choroa Gorge | Sand Tree | Duma Steppe
  • Meekrat | adult | Choroa Gorge | south of Anthill Area | N/A
  • Nile Crocodile | adult | Kiwanja Plain | Mamba Beach | N/A
  • Okapi | adult | Lake Heroe | Dikidiki Fountain | N/A
  • Olive Baboon | baby, male, female | Lake Heroe | north of Dikidiki Fountain | Kiboko Swamp
  • Ostrich | male, female | Choroa Gorge | Anthill Area | N/A
  • Pelican | adult | Kiboko Swamp | Water Tree | N/A
  • Pygmy Hippopotamus | adult | Kiboko Swamp | northeast island | N/A
  • Rainbow Agama | adult | Choroa Gorge | on a boulder just before the Polepole Falls | Lake Heroe
  • Ratel | adult | Kiboko Swamp | Baobab Tree at night | N/A
  • Red-Billed Oxpecker | adult | Lake Heroe | northwest shore | Kiboko Swamp
  • Reticulated Giraffe | baby, adult | Kiwanja Plain | Simba Kopje | N/A
  • Rueppell's Vulture | adult | Choroa Gorge | Sand Tree | N/A
  • Scarab | adult | Kiwanja Plain | near the large fallen tree at Kongoti Wild | N/A
  • Secretary Bird | adult | Duma Steppe | west of Bone Tree | N/A
  • Spotted Hyena | adult | Duma Steppe | northeast entrance | N/A
  • Superb Starling | adult | Lake Heroe | Dikidiki Foutain | Duma Steppe
  • Temminck's Pangolin | adult | Kiwanja Plain | Simba Kopje at night | N/A
  • Tsetse Fly | adult | Duma Steppe | on the southern most tent's door flaps | N/A
  • Vervet Monkey | adult | Duma Steppe | outside the base camp tent | N/A
  • Warthog | baby, male, female | Kiwanja Plain | Chui Kopje | Duma Steppe, Lake Heroe
  • White Rhinoceros | baby, adult | Duma Steppe | west of Bone Tree | N/A

Edited by Cauchy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive been looking constantly, and even spent an entire in-game day looking for them, but for some reason I cant seem to find the Spotted Hyena.

I have finished the river crossing mission so the Hyena's should be wandering around in the north east corner of Duma, but I dont seem to be able to find them. Anyone have any ideas/hints on where exactly they roam?

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing through Hakuna Matata/ Afrika at the moment. The most recent mission i cleared was taking a photo of a hartebeest from head on. After doing that, i was in choroa gorge and I had a cutscene of wild dogs chasing impalas, but they did not catch any. Now I have gone back to the base camp, and gone to sleep hundreds of times, hoping to wake up to find a new e-mail mission, but I don't get any. I've looked all over choroa gorge, duma steppe and kiboko swamp to try and find cutscenes or something to take me further in the game, but I've had no success!

HOW DO I PROGRESS FURTHER!!! I NEED HELP QUICK PLEASE!!!

Ive been looking constantly, and even spent an entire in-game day looking for them, but for some reason I cant seem to find the Spotted Hyena.

I have finished the river crossing mission so the Hyena's should be wandering around in the north east corner of Duma, but I dont seem to be able to find them. Anyone have any ideas/hints on where exactly they roam?

Spotted hyenas showed up for me during the Night Safari in Duma Steppe. They subsequently showed up the following morning around the Cheetah's hangout.

I am playing through Hakuna Matata/ Afrika at the moment. The most recent mission i cleared was taking a photo of a hartebeest from head on. After doing that, i was in choroa gorge and I had a cutscene of wild dogs chasing impalas, but they did not catch any. Now I have gone back to the base camp, and gone to sleep hundreds of times, hoping to wake up to find a new e-mail mission, but I don't get any. I've looked all over choroa gorge, duma steppe and kiboko swamp to try and find cutscenes or something to take me further in the game, but I've had no success!

HOW DO I PROGRESS FURTHER!!! I NEED HELP QUICK PLEASE!!!

In case you still haven't found them, take pictures of any animals you have not yet photographed, or complete any other Missions you have pending. That's what works for most people, and it worked for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where is the water buck?

Its in the kimono swamp area right to your left as soon as you enter. You can tell they are waterbuck since they look a little grayish (unlike the brown ones in the area too).

A really great tool to use is your binoculers with the R1 button. Everytime you see a new animal, it will point it out via subtitles. This is great to remember when you are searching for a bird or deer and they all look the same to you :)

this sux i need the kori bustard and then i get platinum i have gone through several in game days and i haven't found it yet i sat there in front of the tree a full day only thing i seen was wildebeest and zebra go under it and the only flying birds i see is the vulture with the pink head

EDIT: yaya finally found it ping plati w00t now i can send the game back to gamefly what i did was went to sleep 20 times without leaving my tent then went to Masai Tree didn't see nothing went to Simba Kopje didn't find any then i went towards Faru Kopje then back up to the tree i drove slowly and seen it just standing there

Edited by dyear20

• 3 weeks later...
please help! i'm stuck on mission #73 called Pelican Sound Recording. the guide says to go to Kiboko Swamp (middle-east of the map) but when i go there i can't trigger a cut scene or find a place to use my boom mic. looks easy but what am i doing wrong!?:confused: EDIT: i got it nevermind

I'm with you, I can't get anything started. The baby cheetah one had at least a break and a cut scene...but I drove everywhere in Kiboko Swamp and NOTHING!

Not totally sure if I'm being really stupid, but I can't find the spotted hyena! I've done everything to unlock it (apparently) but it doesn't seem to appear. It's meant to appear after the wildebeest crossing, right?

You get an email about it when they appear in the Duma Steppe. It isn't straight after the Wildebeest crossing I don't think, but have a look around, mainly to the east of the Duma Steppe