Now, the Ostrich

Cauchy

OK here's the situation. I've completed Safari mode and just now managed to unlock the ostrich close-up mission. Unfortnately, there are no ostriches to be found, anywhere!!! Where did they go? Will they come back?

EDIT: Nevermind. After about 10 tries, the ostriches finally reappeared in Chocoa Gorge.

Edited by Cauchy

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The mission comes up after you take the hyrax's photo, I believe. That's the animal that triggered it for me, anyway.

VERY annoying and the only solution really is to take an ostrich photo close up as early as possible so you don't have to go back and forth so often between Home and Choroa Gorge. I must have done it at least 15-20 times...

No animals seem to ever disappear from this game, but they do get harder to spot as the game progresses until the very end. Apparently you CAN miss two Big Game trophies if you are not careful but you'd have to be in a huge rush to do that.

• 10 months later...

This happended to me too. Must have spent at least 3 in game weeks drinving from base camp to Choroa Gorge. I've tried everything... Countless times ending safari and driving up there again, night safari's, camping there till next morning. Lol i even tried changing the color of the car. Just when i was planning to drive to Choroa Gorge from basecamp in reverse lol, i had the idea of driving to Choroa Gorge and when the ostriches didn't show up i drive to another area and ended my safari day in that other area. When i went to Choroa Gorge again they suddenly appeared again.

Coincidense? I don't know but they appeared when i did it that way...

• 2 weeks later...