XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Afrika

Old 10-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to tuffmuff Send a message via MSN to tuffmuff

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Road Map Submitter   SOTM Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Default First Trophy

So I finally got a trophy on Afrika. Its a bronze for completing "the ultimate big mouth... you know who" mission. Goal of the mission is to snap a photo of a hippo yawning.

Moosh is not a lollipop!
tuffmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Road Map Submitter   SOTM Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   5,000 Posts

Trophy Guide:

Cleaner
Kill 10 pests

See Dalek

Dalek
Kill 100 pests

Before you begin each hunt the game will let you know what animal you are hunting. On some hunts a second animal is shown and these are the pests. You can kill as many of them as you want with no penalty or worry about it ending your hunt. The first level that pests are available on is: “Unpleasant Pheasants”

Best place to grind pests kills is on hunt "Home of the Hare" in Hossack. Use the pump-shotgun and stay in the field that's at the beginning of the level. The pests will continuously spawn. Just keep killing til the trophy pops.

Trained up!
Participate in all shooting range tests

The Shooting Range becomes available once you’ve obtained the Hunter’s Permit. See Good Student for how to obtain the Hunter’s permit. You’ll only have access to one Shooting Range test. The other two tests will open up once you obtain the Big Game permit. You simply need to participate in all 3. You don’t need to beat any scores.

Trap Shooting – unlocked with Hunter’s Permit
Shooting at Moving Targets – unlocked with Big Game Permit
Shooting at Targets – unlocked with Big Game Permit

Ninja!
While stalking, do not get spotted by a big game animal

This is easiest to do in your first big game hunt titled “First Big Game Hunt” in Hossack. Simply do not allow the animal to see you. You can press to zoom in on your mini map and see the direction of where the animal is looking.

Bad hunter
Kill an animal that is not in the hunt plan

Anytime you hunt boar they are in a group. The group will contain “sows” – they are not part of the hunt plan and if you kill one you’ll get this trophy. You’ll know it’s a Sow because when you press to aim a warning will pop up saying it’s a sow and not to kill it. Killing one will end your hunt and cause you to fail the mission.

Good student
Get the hunting permit

This is story related and cannot be missed. Simply complete the tutorial to obtain the Hunting Permit. The Permits are available in the “Academy.” You require this permit to start hunting therefore this will be your first trophy.

Hunting companion
Get the dog-handler permit

Story-related and cannot be missed. The Dog Handler Permit becomes available once you complete the hunt in Hossack titled “Home of the Hare.” Simply complete the tutorial to obtain the dog-handler permit located in the Academy. Best part? Being the dog

No more joking around!
Get the big game permit

Story related and cannot be missed. Once you finish the hunt “Introduction to Standing Hunting” the big game permit will come available in the Academy. Simply complete the tutorial to obtain it.

Without breathing
Get the pro permit

Story related and cannot be missed. The pro permit will come available after completing enough hunts in Marlborough and Mount Aspiring. I had one available hunt left when it unlocked. Simply go to the Academy and complete the tutorial to pop the trophy. You cannot progress without it.

Bull's eye
Get the sniper permit

Story related and cannot be missed. This is your last permit to obtain. It becomes available after the "Variable Hares" hunt in Mount Aspiring. As with the others, head to the Academy to complete the tutorial and get this trophy.

Good reflexes!
Kill a fleeing big game animal

This can be achieved on any big game hunt. It’s easiest however on the hunt titled “Taking Dromedary” in the Eubenangee Swamp. When you find the dromedary crouch and use to zoom your minimap. Make sure that as you approach it crouched it isn’t looking in your direction. Get as close as possible and then sprint towards it. As soon as it starts to flee, shoot it.

A hunter that knows how to hunt
Unlock all of the hunter's skills

At game completion I was at about 75% of level 22 62,000XP. You need to reach level 26 and hit 100,000XP so you'll have a bit of grinding to do. One of the best levels is in Marlborough. The hunt is titled "A Land Where Game is Free."

Make sure to utilize the pump action shotgun. It has 3 shots before needing to reload. If you average 20-25 kills during this hunt you'll get a little over 2000XP for the minute or so that the hunt lasts. Using this method you'll need to do approximately 18 runs of this hunt and it will take you approximately 30 minutes.

The season's over
Complete all of the hunt plans for the Hunting Season

This is story related and cannot be missed. Simply finish the game. There are 5 Hunting Levels with 6 hunts each. You must complete all 30 to earn this trophy. Not a single one of them is difficult. Just make sure to utilize the skills you learn in the academy and the pattern of the animals.

Bad master
Having killed a dog

The first hunt where you can kill your dog is in the Hossack, “Rabbit Burrows” hunt. Simply shoot your dog when the hunt starts. Please note that it will fail the hunt when you do so, you evil bastard.

Poacher
Kill a kangaroo

During the “A Land of Boar” hunt in Marlborough a Kangaroo will run by as soon as the mission starts. Shoot it to earn this trophy. If you miss this first one there are quite a few more throughout the level, though I found this one at the beginning the easiest to deal with. Killing it well cause you to fail the mission.

Moosh is not a lollipop!

Last edited by tuffmuff; 01-08-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

u should submit this to the site
Old 10-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm fairly new here. How do I do that?

Moosh is not a lollipop!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Approach African Buffalo - Complete Mission "Photo for Nature Power Magaine"

Moosh is not a lollipop!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to kiateyn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

how hard are we talking here?

an dif you want to submit look at the Submit forum and there will be a guide on how to do so

Last Platinum: Borderlands - Next Platinum:
???? 0%

Lego Rock Band Trophy Guide
X-Blades Trophy Guide

Last edited by kiateyn; 10-15-2009 at 10:17 PM.
kiateyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Not hard at all. More time consumig due to waiting around for the animals to do what you need them to. Mostly its all set-up for you. Its a lot of fun especially if you really like animals.

I've read the submission guidelines here on the site. They're a little confusing though.

Moosh is not a lollipop!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Ministry555 Send a message via MSN to Ministry555

nice hopefully the version i get from the Rental store is the US Version
Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to kiateyn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffmuff View Post
Not hard at all. More time consumig due to waiting around for the animals to do what you need them to. Mostly its all set-up for you. Its a lot of fun especially if you really like animals.

I've read the submission guidelines here on the site. They're a little confusing though.
lol true that. i hope you submit though. if you're confused pm webb with questions.

thats great to hear its fun and easy! im looking forward to a rent.

Last Platinum: Borderlands - Next Platinum:
???? 0%

Lego Rock Band Trophy Guide
X-Blades Trophy Guide
kiateyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

I was just considering the reasoning for making most of the trophies secret. It seems each trophy I unlock is regarding a type of animal. They may have made them secret as to not give away the type of animals you'd be encountering. If you know the trophies it slightly ruins the safari as you'll already know what you're going to run into.

With that being said I'm not sure I should post the trophies I come across and if I do maybe I should put a spoiler tag?

Thoughts?

Moosh is not a lollipop!