I can't find this game in North America

lakersnbachampions

Been to at least 25 stores looking for afrika and still haven't found the game anywhere. Most of the stores here don't even realize that the game exists. I've tried gamespot and it's never there and not available online, the prices on ebay are dirty and the prices on amazon.ca are just plain nasty. Amazon.com has reasonable prices but take in to consideration the shipping fees and that it has to cross the border in the final price. So I'm just wondering those in North America with the game where did you find your copy of the game? What online sites have reasonable prices and are trustworthy at the same time?

The GLOBAL sales for the game were 20k copies, and it has long been OOP. You will not find it in any shop anymore, only independent retailers. As such you will pay an outrageous price, it's not going to drop.

The Korean version is in full english and relatively cheap compared to the US print, it occasionally pops up. Buying one used will also have it go cheaper, if you plan to play the game. I saw a used KOR copy going for ~$15 this spring.

You should set up some alerts on your local market forums, Ebay, Amazon, and then have plenty of patience if you want a good deal on it.

The GLOBAL sales for the game were 20k copies, and it has long been OOP. You will not find it in any shop anymore, only independent retailers. As such you will pay an outrageous price, it's not going to drop.

The Korean version is in full english and relatively cheap compared to the US print, it occasionally pops up. Buying one used will also have it go cheaper, if you plan to play the game. I saw a used KOR copy going for ~$15 this spring.

You should set up some alerts on your local market forums, Ebay, Amazon, and then have plenty of patience if you want a good deal on it.

I thought the worldwide sales would be in the 50k range but 20k is surprisingly low. I guess I gotta keep patient and my assumption was right that I probably would not find this game in any store. Thanks for the advice

• 4 months later...

I wanted to buy this earlier on, like 18 months ago, I don't know ... but I didn't actively investigate the game.

A friend of mine mentioned the game and I remembered to give it a try so I went searching for it and yes ... you need a US version (great).

I searched the net and the cheapest I could find was a Used Version for roughly 22 euros (I never ever buy used version of games, but im not gonna pay 50 to 80 dollars lol) ... but, with roughly 10 euro's shipping costs and 7 euro's potential import fees, so it is still 38 euro's (50 dollars) in the end. I was thinking about contacting Play.com in England to see if they maybe could get it for me as a sort of customer service ???? :D:D lol ...

Doens't even sound so crazy since they sent me a US-version once of Test Drive Unlimited :confused:

It is quite expensive for such an old game, but given the rarity of it and the actual quality in the game ... yeah why not? It really adds to my variety and all-round trophy list :)

I really hope I can get this game shipped in and that it is actually the right version (has to be determined still ..), but I don't know why it shouldn't be, yet, better safe than sorry. I want to polish my Afrika trophy set in the near future.

If it ever arrives I will really enjoy it! It is nice to have a laid-back game and enjoy the vistas and relaxing soundtrack :drunk:

Edited by Yokel

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got lucky - I managed to find it at a Gamestop six months ago for about $15-20. I had to get my friend who lived in the town it was in to buy it for me though. :p

If you're nice to your local Gamestop people, they might be able to locate one and ship it to your local store. Of course, because it's Gamestop, no guarantee on box/manual if that's the kind of thing that matters for you (it did for me).

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...