Is this a good game?

Nobodygrotesque

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was following this game before it ever was released in the US in the early days of the ps3. I picked up a copy a year or two ago and never put it it... too many games to play i guess. I thought i would see what you all thought about this game. Is it worth a try with all the great gamers out there to spend your time on these days or should i just let it sit on the shelf? Let me know what you thought of the game and whether or not i should give it a try.

I got the platinum in this game some time ago. I have to say I found the game very enjoyable. There's no action or even spoken dialogue - conversations are via subtitles only - but even so, it's a very relaxing game. The map and the animals all look very impressive, and the animals themselves even behave as you would expect them to, from hippos wallowing in mudpools to a crocodile dragging a wildebeest underwater.

Some of the missions can take a while to become active, or won't appear at all until you complete specific prior missions. Also, when you're attempting to photograph a certain animal performing a certain action, you might have to wait for a while before they perform said action; they won't do it if they're aware of your presence, so you need to back off a ways. But, if you move too far back, you won't take a good enough photo, so you need to take a few minutes to consider your approach.

Afrika won't be to everyone's tastes, but I recommend it - it's definitely one of PS3's most unique titles, and it makes for a refreshing change from all the shooters and beat-em-ups out there. It's an easy platinum that just requires a little patience on the part of the player. :)

• 1 month later...